Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Question

I've asked this question several times in the past and never got an answer...Now that we might have sum new meat in tha Drag end of tha APBA, I'll ask it again...What iz APBA? What does it do? Is APBA just an insurance company that hires theirselves and sells a sanction?? I belong to ABPA, if I have an accident at a nonsanctioned race, am I covered?? If not what did I pay $130 for?? I like to see where my money goes when I pay for sumthing, but az yet ain't seen what I put out $130 for except fer a lil magazine that don't cover my type of racing...any input on this would be apreciated, T-REX

APBA and where the sanction fee goes

The APBA is the AMERICAN POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION, What does it do? It is an organization of boat racing enthusiust that conduct races under a set of rules and guidelines made by its members and their appointees. What does the $130.00 membership dues do and where does it go? It provides for the running of the organization and it offices ,buildings, taxes and operational cost. It also provides the funding for the monthly publication and news magazine the "PROPELLER". The APBA is a non-profit organization. What does the sanction fee cover and where does it go? A 1 day race sanction is comprised of the following: $400.00 sanction fee, this goes to the general fund to operate the organization and pay the office expenses also, these operations include keeping up with members,records, races, speed records, points totals, clubs which are affiliated,referees, inspectors, insurance claims, attorney fees,letters, mail outs,magazine cost,advertizing ,promotion and a pile of other neccesary functions. The board of directors, catagory chairmn,race committees are non paid volunteers. Next is $109.00 for mailing out race notifications to every member of a category which is having a race anywhere in the country. The balance of about $1250.00 is for a blanket general liability policy that covers the APBA,the club or promoter promoting the race in the event of an accident or injury or any incident which might arise as a liability. This coverage also extends to the operator of the craft or crafts involved in any incident and will pay for the attorneys in the event of a suit in most cases.In some cases where applicable, it provides for insurance coverage for life and injury to the racer for 24hrs prior to,during and after a race while in route to, while racing or in route from a race. This is a short summary as the actual facts would take several pages to list and I may be in error in some areas but not by much. As you can see there is a lot for the dollar spent when you get down to it.
    Noah Legear

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

APBA

Noah you just taught me more than I had ever learned about the APBA sanctions.
    Walter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Do we need to qualify for our questions Noah?

I did as you asked, called, then sent an email lending my support to you, not APBA, but I wanted to support you, Noah.

Now on two seperate threads I ask what I feel are legitimate questions, but no answers for Barney.

So what's up Noah?

Why APBA over doing it ourselves?

[Edited by Barney on 06-09-2001 at 01:14 AM]