Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MTS1, these guys that talk all that bs have never raced em before and have never been on the clock. This year I ran 98.6 in a thousand feet at "smokin' in the cove" and to my knowledge that was the fastest mph in the 9 second bracket of the weekend, and there were some really fast boats there. The boat will run way over a hundred with a different prop, but it takes forever to get there. The triple digit club is not as easy as most of these guys think.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive run...........

106 on gps, wasnt used to how the boat handled there, had too much to do the next day, so i backed off, dont know how fast it will go, dont care,they are a nice ride though

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know is Bassin10 is a straight up Crack Head!!!!! I'd bet the FARM that a 250HO Etec on a 21xrd bullet would eat his Yamaha Azz...LOL too frickin funny........300HPDI in the 90's on a loaded down to fish 21XRD. Holy cow. Wait.......it could be possible with just 3 batts and a troller with 0 fuel....and that would be 90.1,2,3...ish...

Second thing....even if this Yamaha 300 combo would go in the 90's.....I'd say since you've only had it since December......you've just touched the setup/driving power curve needed to get the boat to run well. aka....you may have seen mid 80's...chine walk and know theres more there but can't figure to save your life how to drive the dang thing to that number....LOL

Killing me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMEN, AMEN, AMEN, He shut up the last couple of days.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 225ho View Post
    All I know is Bassin10 is a straight up Crack Head!!!!! I'd bet the FARM that a 250HO Etec on a 21xrd bullet would eat his Yamaha Azz...LOL too frickin funny........300HPDI in the 90's on a loaded down to fish 21XRD. Holy cow. Wait.......it could be possible with just 3 batts and a troller with 0 fuel....and that would be 90.1,2,3...ish...

Second thing....even if this Yamaha 300 combo would go in the 90's.....I'd say since you've only had it since December......you've just touched the setup/driving power curve needed to get the boat to run well. aka....you may have seen mid 80's...chine walk and know theres more there but can't figure to save your life how to drive the dang thing to that number....LOL

Killing me.
    i bet a 200ho would stick with that pig, then tow it in when #2 blows... again ... fouls plugs, hahahaha u can automatically fog an etec and then fire it up and it will be ready to go, plugs would be good for 200hrs. i thought about arguing his numbers but i knew bullets are quick, with real power
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with a 28 txp loaded with two people it runs 88 , if you can find a 250 ho on a 21 xrd i will be glad to run it . I ran in the 90's before i put my stough in the boat , but make no mistake it will run that fast , not bad for a fishing boat , yall must not fish to much around here , and you sure are sensative about those purdy little slow engines , find one on a 21 bullet please . the speeds in the 90's were with a 29 tempest . I have not tried a bigger prop as of yet. I run it a 3/4 inch above thepad . as far as a 200 etech keeping up , your to funny . tic toc , thats even funnier.
    Last edited by bassin10; 01-25-2008 at 05:58 PM.
    21 xrd bullet 300hpdi series 2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mirage 243 , do you by any chance know Mel Smith , he ran at smoking in the cove , he runs two different boats , one in the bass boat class that he won the over all title for the year or what ever its called . You may have seen that boat , it has a 3.1 liter yamaha on it , its a boat he builds called a tide craft lighting , should see the looks of the people running bullets when he drives by them in a tide craft . I didnt shut up , my computor went on the blink , got it back today.
    Last edited by bassin10; 01-25-2008 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How high you turning that Yamaha?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like he's turnin it about 14k

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6200 rpms

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What gears do the Yamaha run, 1.87?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bassin10 View Post
    6200 rpms
    29 tempest?

If that PIG of a fishing boat could Manage 10% slip your Lucky to break 85mph... Lucky
    2006 Action Marine Comp
    1980 Ventrua 2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, what's a 250 HO worth over there and are they readily available yet?
    97STV EURO & MERC 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a 1.75 gear , and that boat is not a pig , its 21 ft 10 inches long and weighs in around 1200 lbs give or take a few pounds , i can run 88 with two people , they have very fast hulls , Nathan Worthy has a 3.3 liter yamaha on a 20 ft bullet , he put a mercury sportsmaster with a 1.62 gear on it and ran 109 mph with it . i need a bigger prop to try , when you get to a 29 or bigger they dont work that great for fishing. I think that motor started out as a 225 then he added phase three kit they sell to it , he might have ported it also .
    Last edited by bassin10; 01-26-2008 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your 21 XRD is not a COMP then it weighs about 100 lbs. more than you stated.

Waynes boat is a COMP 20 CC. It is a light boat and has a 350HP highly modified motor on it.

Comparing his boat to yours is apples to oranges.

My guess is that set up right you might be able to break 90 mph. A 300XS on a stock 21XD runs 96mph. The 300X runs 98 on the same boat. Your boat is heavier than an XD, and you have less HP and a less efficient gearcase.

You need to show us a video of the boat at speed from the drivers seat with the GPS in clear view. Then we will believe you.

Not sayin it isn't possible but it isn't likely. Apologies will be in order when you prove us wrong.

As for the 250H.O. outrunning the Yammie 300HPDI, I think that is a given as the Rude make the same power (the 300HPDI dynos at 275 on Monty's propshaft dyno) but now has a much better gearcase and more displacement.

Just so you guys know, a 300HPDI will push a Gambler 22 footer to 87 mph light load. That is from a B&WBs test.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast