User Tag List

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TD, I tried a 400hp 2 stage nitrous set up with my ported bridgeport doner and at 60 mph, double blasted for 2 seconds and ripped to 120, rolled the edges of the prop, lifted the boat completely out, twisted the angle seat bracket, made my heart stop, and BLEW past a blown fuel jet (900 hp jet tunnel) that wanted to run from a punch, lmao..... we rolled out from about 20 mph, launched and I was on the 1st stage immediately, right on his butt, then hit the second stage for 2 seconds!!! (3 seconds and I would have been right on top of him, or over him, I was airborn)

btw, did you ever know the weight of this Kaase??? And, were you able to find out how many were built?

Ronnie

Kaase Outboard Hydro/Bottle Fed 300 Drag

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2slow on H2O View Post
    Hey Jason, who was your buddy that owned the capsule Sun Valley?

Ronnie
    My Bud's name is Roger Jackson (Yomama). He was done racing a few years back and bought the hydro to play with. He ran a big case on it as well. Back when Racing I saw his quartermaster pull a few 9.50s in the 1320'. I know Kunezman was the inspiration behind this hydro. We all used to watch that thing fly.
    Jason
    Outboard Junkie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior74z View Post
    Jason, I just realized looking at the boat in your post, that it is the same hull that "The Sting" that I drove was, as well as Tom Kunzman's was, and that a capsule has been added. Are you saying Sun Valley is the builder? The Sting was made by the original manufacturer, I think, then Tom's and at least two others that were on the circuit around 1990 were built by someone else, (same mold) but I can't remember the name of any of them. Anyone out there with any knowledge of these hulls? Jon Wright do you remember what Merriotts boat and the other guy named John that raced with us around 1990, what their boats were?
    Barron
    Hey Barron, that is cool, I never knew the history behind these. It is interesting when you think this was almost 20yrs ago, and the speeds and hardware are still very respectable today.
    Jason
    Outboard Junkie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2slow on H2O View Post
    TD, I tried a 400hp 2 stage nitrous set up with my ported bridgeport doner and at 60 mph, double blasted for 2 seconds and ripped to 120, rolled the edges of the prop, lifted the boat completely out, twisted the angle seat bracket, made my heart stop, and BLEW past a blown fuel jet (900 hp jet tunnel) that wanted to run from a punch, lmao..... we rolled out from about 20 mph, launched and I was on the 1st stage immediately, right on his butt, then hit the second stage for 2 seconds!!! (3 seconds and I would have been right on top of him, or over him, I was airborn)

btw, did you ever know the weight of this Kaase??? And, were you able to find out how many were built?

Ronnie
    If I remember right it was 275lbs. I talked to the guys that made them and they made 5 for ob's. There is still one running around painted with a Harley emblem on it and I believe a white one also. I loved that little boat but I had too many projects at the time. I'm down to just the Mirage now so I may look for another one now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon Wright, please post some pictures of your boat. Someone find a picture of Jim Dunn's boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon can design and engineer and build most anything, but I don't think he knows how to post a photo.
    Here's one I had of Jon and me waiting out the rain in Augusta. Probably 1990.

Barron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Barron Jon's boat in that pic looks like a pugh take apart hydro like the one I have.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Webb View Post
    Thank you, Barron Jon's boat in that pic looks like a pugh take apart hydro like the one I have.
    Freddie, I knew it was a "take apart hydro" at the Spring City, Tennessee USDBA race probably also in 1990. After I had made a pass and was waiting at the out ramp, I looked up to see Jon completly sideways at the finish line at 130 MPH. It then rolled and was reduced to splinters. I think it was Jon's first try at a non steering engine and an external rudder. I don't know if anything was rebuildable, but I'll never forget getting back to the pits and there sat Jon and his pile of wood, and the man was black and blue and had some baseball size knots to show off.
    Barron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barron, I don't think I'll ever put a rudder on my boat. I like the way it runs turning the motor. People say speedmasters don't come out hard, but I must just have some excellent props I guess. My speedmaster comes out just fine, 10.9 with a v4, maybe I'll do better next year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My uncle gave me this few years ago, he bulit it back in the 70's and is been sittin in his garage since, well 87 acorrding to the registration but i wish i would have kept it inside, its pretty rough now, i think i may get it back in the water someday though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hydro01.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freddie, the reputation for speedmasters not coming out of the hole hard, is probably the fact that people try them on boats too heavy for a speedy. The lightweight drag hydros I ran had extreme acceleration. Also the fact that on a hydro the prop is fully submerged when coming out of the hole and it takes a couple of hundred feet to pop the tail and get the prop to the surface. A perfect combination of submerged prop for acceleration and surfacing prop for top end. On a pad v hull you could see that the prop would be half out as soon as the boat planes and lots of ventalation going on. Bottom line, the lighter the boat, the less blade area needed.

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Buss View Post
    My uncle gave me this few years ago, he bulit it back in the 70's and is been sittin in his garage since, well 87 acorrding to the registration but i wish i would have kept it inside, its pretty rough now, i think i may get it back in the water someday though.
    Those plans are still available ... you can build a new one any day of the week

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats a shame buss
    shoot even build a dog house for it bro

warrior ? bro
    my prop calculator shows a drop off above 36 pitch with a 14 "
    diameter
    would it come back by loosing diameter

https://www.facebook.com/scott.steffe

Replacement Fiberglass Windshields For just about every hydrostream
    Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

call 941-575-8914 with any questions

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    Custom Fiberglass and Paint
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afr View Post
    thats a shame buss

yeah i kinda feel like a idoit, if my uncle saw it he would probably kick me in the shorts...

its going inside tomarrow!

its all plywood construction and when i snapped that pic tonight i sort of looked at it... the paint is cracked from the swellen wood, i wonder if i stick it in the garage, let it dry out real good it will be okay? obivisiy will strip and repaint it just like he had it.
    Last edited by Mr. Buss; 01-10-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afr View Post
    thats a shame buss

warrior ? bro
    my prop calculator shows a drop off above 36 pitch with a 14 "
    diameter
    would it come back by loosing diameter
    Man, I'm an old seat of the pants guy. I never heard of a single outboard pulling a 36" prop. We were dealing with 1:1 ratio speedmasters, so...Idunno

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast