Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought my old jet boat with no thermostat and would see 120 degree`s on long lazy rides motor likes a little heat installed a 180 degree thermostat with a 1/8" hole drilled on each side just in case worked flawless for 6 years not saying to do this just one of those worked for me deals

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar

I run a 460 with a tunnel ram, and a Pro billet MSD Distributor, supposedly for a Tunnel Ram 460. I ran across this guys site Performancejet.com, go to "tech Talk". He gives a great technical explanation of this ,"Full Block Volume, Regulated Temperature and Pressure conversion.

I followed his instructions and have had excellent results.

Basically I used a Watts Bypass Flow Control Regulator, Watts 5300A, adjustable from 0-100 PSI, with 1/2 NPT. It lifts at 12 PSI and dumps through a stern dump, I have a mechanical guage right on the Intake manifold.

The temperature is regulated by a Marine SS Thermostat, and I drilled two...maybe 3/16" holes in the flap. This allows steam pressure, and air pressure to bypass, so the thermostat won't lift under pressure, but "waits" for temperature.

The thermostat housing now dumps both ports , again through two other stern dumps. Now including the bilge dump, the boat has four dumps running across the stern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM001605.jpg   IM001606.jpg   IM001607.jpg   IM001608.jpg   IM001609.jpg  

Last edited by ak49er; 05-13-2009 at 01:40 AM.
    1976 Barracuda V-Drive Flat Bottom 454 Casale

1977 Hawaiian Jet 460 Offenhauser "Single" Tunnel Ram, Jacuzzi 12YJ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have often wondered if a more stable engine temperature could be had by running a recirculating pump like alot of I/O systems do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2