Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some good info in this thread.

my 2 recomendations would be DP tuners or Tony Wildman (totaldieselperformance). I currently run a TW 4 position chip in my truck. I have a few other go fast parts, but I can still sneak 21 mpg empty at 2000 RPM. towing 8000lbs on an open trailer I can get 16. towing 11K in an enclosed trailer I get 12, but thats not slowing down for anythng.

Once you have a chip you need a pyro gage, no exception. If you have an auto, you need a trans temp gage, no exception. A boost gage is fun, but only to impress people.

don't bother with a chip if you still have a stock downpipe. Get the exhaust done first, then intake, then gages, then chip, then turbo, then injectors, then intercooler, then fuel delivery, then......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't bother with a chip if you still have a stock downpipe.?????? NO WAY chip!!!!

Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skydog View Post
    don't bother with a chip if you still have a stock downpipe.?????? NO WAY chip!!!!

Skydog

I should have cleairified I meant for a 94-97 powerstroke. 99+ let er rip

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on buddy!!
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one thing to look for.... on the stock down pipe, it can be against the trans cooler lines if you have an auto, I actually had one line wear in half from the stock down pipe, thus the original reason I got the 3" downpipe in the first place..... Intake is a bit restrictive stock, but will support a 85-100 HP chip w/o much issue, you give up about 2 Lbs of boost due to back pressure but maintain your mielege with your foot out of it better.... i could eek 23mpg before I lifted my truck and installed 38X15.5" tires.... wider tires KILL the milege, height seems to help but width kills it with resistance.. i average 14-16 now and 8 towing.... but stock tires that goes up to 20 again...

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even without a chip new turbo back exhaust adds 4 PSI of boost witheverything else left alone..... 3" down, 4inch straight from downpipe connector... stock boost is 14-16 lbs.... with exhaust its bumped to 19, with banks stinger + 85 hp it adds 4 more for 23-24 PSI with stock turbo +2 more with new exhaust housing or turbonetics ball berring turbo..

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definately do the gauges then exhaust and finally a DP-Tuner F5. The F5 will support up to 16 different programs including ones such as "Drive thru" which will drastically quiet down the engine so you don't have to turn it off to order your food. Other programs include a "Smoke" tune which will allow you to throw a stupid amount of soot if you so choose. He has tow tunes from 40HP to 80HP (He can include a deceleration mode as well), Econonmy tunes and up to a 140HP race tune (Other modifications will be needed to support this level such as dual HPOP's and a fuel systems upgrade, Low restriction intake and free flowing exhaust).

Jody will customize the programing to your particular truck and needs. No off the shelf programmer or chip can come close to this. Not to mention you get to speak directly to Jody the programmer!! His wife Dianne is a great help as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a ballbuster turbo on mine about 500 miles ago and shure do like the turbo whistle and response.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ballbuster / HTT / many other names is a decent setup for towing. My last 7.3 had a QSSB which was awesome!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slated4Greatness View Post
    Definately do the gauges then exhaust and finally a DP-Tuner F5. The F5 will support up to 16 different programs including ones such as "Drive thru" which will drastically quiet down the engine so you don't have to turn it off to order your food. Other programs include a "Smoke" tune which will allow you to throw a stupid amount of soot if you so choose. He has tow tunes from 40HP to 80HP (He can include a deceleration mode as well), Econonmy tunes and up to a 140HP race tune (Other modifications will be needed to support this level such as dual HPOP's and a fuel systems upgrade, Low restriction intake and free flowing exhaust).

Jody will customize the programing to your particular truck and needs. No off the shelf programmer or chip can come close to this. Not to mention you get to speak directly to Jody the programmer!! His wife Dianne is a great help as well.

YES YES YES!! Hey what you think is the best up grade for speed/power after exahust, full Build trans, air intake, Dp tuner. ( bigger turbo?or HPOP?----) 01 Ford X 7.3Liter

Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your budget. I would do a simple set of stage 2 single shot injectors and a GT38R tubo, and a Terminator DHPOS if you have money left over.

Did you verify that you do or do not have PMR's?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave the gas alone it's a cheap way to get horsepower thats terible for the motor, Lookup DIY injectors and the BB mod. There's a sh** tun of little mods you can do yourself to pick up a lot of power and performance from the 7.3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reccomend TS Performance chips or DP. But I'm not sure about the older trucks, but 99 and up 7.3's it's were its at. In turms of exhaust, buy no name off eBay. I bought mine 4.5" down pipe 5 inch back no muffler for $380 shipped. And if your pulling I would reccomend exhaust. Plus get an egt guage. I run my truck on the 100hp setting with 4.88 gears and 41s and I get 16 city 19 at a steady 55.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3