Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

merc 1500 inline power heads

several months back I ran across a thread regarding merc inline six's(not many of those around here ). There was a reference to someone who rebuilds and sells the powerheads. I think it may have included a link to news.kraits.org. There was also a link to this person or business web site. Had all the services and pricing. I have attempted many searches of this forum and have come up w/ goose eggs. Plenty of threads on merc inlines but can't seem to find this specific post. Seems, if I remember correctly, this person or business hails from the carolina's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Jeff_G is as good as it gets for inlines in my opinion. He is in the Carolinas. If you look at this thread and find his post, you can hit him with a PM or E Mail by clickin' on his profile from it. (don't forget the underline between the Jeff and G if you do a search)

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...ad.php?t=97727
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy you are looking for is Wayne Canino out of CC marine on lake hartwell in South Carolina. Have never been able to find his news group either. he sells a lot of stuff including powerheads on Ebay. Do a search for Clams_canino as the seller and you will find him.

have bought some small stuff from him inthe past. Seems to be a decent guy to deal with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Here's why I prefer Jeff: First of all, he's ALWAYS around here willing to offer tech help to people who need it with an inline. Second, I know for a fact he's very knowledgeable, and races inlines himself. (Past and maybe current Forumula V World Champ........ with Inline Merc). He's been around here for years, and there's never been even a hint of any dissatisfaction from anybody who's had any dealings with him.

I'm sending you a PM with a link.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceman View Post
    Here's why I prefer Jeff: First of all, he's ALWAYS around here willing to offer tech help to people who need it with an inline. Second, I know for a fact he's very knowledgeable, and races inlines himself. (Past and maybe current Forumula V World Champ........ with Inline Merc). He's been around here for years, and there's never been even a hint of any dissatisfaction from anybody who's had any dealings with him.

I'm sending you a PM with a link.
    Jeff is in the process of doing an inline for me. Aside from his knowledge (lots of knowledge) he has been very honest always telling me exactly what needs to be done and why. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is looking to have inline work done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are making me blush, really!
    If anyone needs to get in touch you can call me at 843 844-8739 at the shop or my e-mail is jwgrigg@lowcountry.com

BTW stopped racing 3 years ago RM. Never World Champ, never had a world's but did do the Nationals.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

3 X APBA Formula V Nat'l Champion
    APBA Formula V US-1
    It took me 29 years to become an overnight success.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_G View Post
    BTW stopped racing 3 years ago RM. Never World Champ, never had a world's but did do the Nationals.
    Don't bore me with details................. national's the same as world in my book, since their ain't any international FormulaV to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone who has responded. I just purchased a 83 checkmate Enforcer that needs alot of work. I started a thread a couple of months ago on what to power with( I am going to use twin set up). At the time I thought I had a boat but the deal went south. I now have a boat and have begun the resto. General consensus was I should go w/ a v-6 instead of a I-6. Sentiment is still pushing me toward the I-6(even though v-6 would probably be a better choice); some of my fondest memories are of the old inlines I use to ski and play behind growing up as a kid. I havn't completely made up my mind; and I at least want to pursue this for the time. I'll try to contact these guys and see if the ol' merc I currently own is worth reviving. Thanks again. I'll keep you guys posted as to my progress.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_G View Post
    You guys are making me blush, really!
    If anyone needs to get in touch you can call me at 843 844-8739 at the shop or my e-mail is jwgrigg@lowcountry.com

Yea but don't call until he's done with my stuff