Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zane from WOP in Utah is dialling in a 7.3 draster with 4 turbos. Now that thing is going to be fast.

As with most things in life, nothing is free. Be carefull addin all that extra HP/TQ without doing the supporting mods like a built trans that will take the abuse. Even the Allison will go into limp home mode if pushed to far. Fuel systems also need to be upgraded to support the hungary injectors. Also understand that you have probably voided any warranty you may have had.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

calling STV Keith!!!

hope he will post some pics and perhaps vid of some of the stuff they have, Cummins powered. can you say "Funny Truck"? i want to see some in boats! w/arneson drives!
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Banks Duramax drag truck is under 8 seconds.

Here's the Banks under 8 seconds....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVtFheab6Xw

Here's a Cummins truck in the low 11's with a standard transmission...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77tCH...eature=related

Here's a Cummins barely street legal running in the 10's......and air conditioning
    http://video.competitiondiesel.com/v...51001f5042.htm
    Last edited by dspencer; 12-15-2008 at 12:29 AM.
    1999 Allison xb2003 2001 200XS
    2000 Dodge diesel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Poole ModVP View Post
    I will put my 06 Mustang up against ANY street pickup truck. My boss has a Duramax and wanted to race. I ruined his afternoon. I would suspect that the people driving those cars just don't know how to drag race.
    How stock is the mustang?

A freind of mine took his Dmax down to NY to pick another for his buddy. Put the new truck on a trailer and towed it back to Ontario (24hr round trip). On the way home they stopped at Toronto Motorsport Park where he unhooked the trailer and made a couple of passes. His best was a 13.1 which was limited by traction (it's 4wd) and that is his very first time at any track. After making the passes he hooked the trailer back up and continued on home. Try that in a mustang.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A stock mustang runs what, a 14 sec. 1/4 mile? Put a decent intake, exhaust and tuner on any of the new diesels and they will be close to that while weighing 8,000+ pounds. Don't get me wrong, I like the new mustang...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorC View Post
    How stock is the mustang?

A freind of mine took his Dmax down to NY to pick another for his buddy. Put the new truck on a trailer and towed it back to Ontario (24hr round trip). On the way home they stopped at Toronto Motorsport Park where he unhooked the trailer and made a couple of passes. His best was a 13.1 which was limited by traction (it's 4wd) and that is his very first time at any track. After making the passes he hooked the trailer back up and continued on home. Try that in a mustang.
    When dragging these trucks...they have to go in 4wd or would go up in smoke.

For those who like fast Duramax's...do a search on a truck named "Nasty Girl". Twin turbo that turns 1000-1100 hp. There are still some videos of launches and dyno runs on the "Net."
    http://www.thedieselgarage.com/TOTM/mar07.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sxoqeVTKLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJ-n...eature=related
    I've seen the evidence of Nasty Girl....very long black streaks on the pavement...when I've taken my truck to have work done by Merchant Automotive in Holland, MI. Eric Merchant did most if not all performance work on Nasty...he's a genius and true artist with the Duramax.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my modified Duramax since new in 2002. I'm more conservative than a lot of guys..I'm running @ 500-525 rwhp. I use a race tuner, propane injection, big exhaust, intake mods, head studs and a thoroughly worked over Allison with SunCoast stage 3 & 4 parts... including triple disk torque convertor. Can turn a lot of heads when I put the coals to her...with the wife and kids on board as well. The truck still serves faithful duty pulling the boat and taking long trips for family vacations. Can't do any of that with a Mustang, Camaro or Corvette....not that I would pass on any of those....just not a viable choice for me at this stage in my life.

It's truly amazing what five minutes with a tuner or a laptop with EFI Live can do for these modern diesel engines. There's a lot inside of them...from mild to wild. One has to decide how much he is willing to "Pay to play." Because the more mods = broken parts.

Wayne
    Last edited by Senderofan; 01-01-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K.

Found a long video of a drag weekend this past summer. Mustang guy...don't know about you...but a 7400 lb crewcab 4x4 pickup that trips the light at 10.35 at 126 mph is pretty impressive. And yes...it is a daily driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tTgtyT8Scs

Wayne

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stock vs stock the Mustang may take him. But put Banks exhaust and a comput and modify the dielsel and the Mustang won't come close. Sorry to disappoint you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set of slicks and a 100 shot and it better be a VERY bad oil burner to keep up or beat em. I can't wait till diesel gets over $5 a gallon again so I won't have to hear this overly boosted diesels vs stock or mild gas performance car stories. it was a nice few months when most of the weekend warriors down here couldn't afford to drive them stinkin things.
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    cummins is my favorite.. and its proven time and time again... the duramax would be my second choice though. I like the fit and finish of the interior in the chevys.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NNT View Post
    Set of slicks and a 100 shot and it better be a VERY bad oil burner to keep up or beat em. I can't wait till diesel gets over $5 a gallon again so I won't have to hear this overly boosted diesels vs stock or mild gas performance car stories. it was a nice few months when most of the weekend warriors down here couldn't afford to drive them stinkin things.
    No over boost here!!! Just some fuel management tweaks..intake and exhaust tweaks and some BBQ gas. For My crew cab 4x4.....I get the same fuel economy as the folks driving a lot of minivans down the road. Put the boat behind her...and I hardly know she's back there.

Different strokes for different folks I guess....But I certainly respect what these "Oil burners" are capable of.

Wayne

P.S.,

You could probably do better with that 100 shot in the diesel!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.....diesels are only good for hauling stuff........(hauling ass!)

Here's my Dirtymax. With a little EFI Live love, it's putting down ~500 rwhp / 1000 rwtq

Finishing off an old set of tires at ~400 rwhp....because honestly....who doesn't love burnouts!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6NoPfmzhcE
    2002 Sunsation 288
    1990 Hydrostream Vassarette YT - Sold
    1975 CeeBee Avenger Jet - LSx Swap - Sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that's what I'm talking about...Brother!!! I've not had the guts to try that....10 ply's are pretty spendy...plus my rig is getting older. I should have about the same hp and torque numbers as your rig...so I guess I could smoke up my Michelin's...the next time I need a set.

BTW....which tranny set up did you go with? I've got a SunCoast stage 4 with a triple disk torque converter. Bought the kit from Joe...may he R.I.P. The Allison is amazing when it gets the right internal parts!!

Nice looking rig you got there....Enjoy it for years to come.

Wayne

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
    Yeah.....diesels are only good for hauling stuff........(hauling ass!)

Here's my Dirtymax. With a little EFI Live love, it's putting down ~500 rwhp / 1000 rwtq

Finishing off an old set of tires at ~400 rwhp....because honestly....who doesn't love burnouts!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6NoPfmzhcE
    That don't look like an Ill. lic. plate

is gone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast