Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best chip?

Hey guys,need some help on deciding which chip to put in my 6 litre ford engine. 2006 model. And also any pros and cons of each. Thanks guys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bud has a powerstroke and I have a Cummins and we're both really happy with Edge's Juice with Attitude. You can buy them for half price used on eBay. Has HP adjustments on the fly. Moniters Boost, Engine temp, EGTs, ect so you won't have to buy gauges, they are built in to the controller that mounts on the pillar. I had a superchip before and I wasn't anywhere close to as happy as I am now. Also can set limits so you won't croke your motor.
    Last edited by qctracing; 11-30-2007 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have one of these in my Excursion, great power and alot better fuel mileage. Chuck

http://www.superchips.com/
    CHUCK & TRACY FREELAND

1990 25 Talon with twin Merc. 300XS's
    1983 Mako 21 with Merc. 225.
    www.Fullthrottlepowerboats.com

NEVER FORGET 9/11

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cellphone, food stamps, section 8 housing, a six-pack of beer and he'll vote for a Democrat the rest of his life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to smallblock chevy.com. I know it's a ford. But on there most of them say the westers tune is the best. I guess with the chevy they take out all of the torque managment, acks more like a shift kit in it. They retard the timing from the factory to take the torque away just before the shift. I'm not sure about how fords handle, but this is what chevy is doing to slow things down. And as far as the tune it's self, they get better MPG's and more Hp's than the super chips. You might want to check out any ford forums to see what they do.

Silhouette II Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greyally View Post
    Hey guys,need some help on deciding which chip to put in my 6 litre ford engine. 2006 model. And also any pros and cons of each. Thanks guys
    either edge, or banks 6gun power PDA .... multi level swichable on fly... also get the radiused intake pipe to replace your stock 90* bend from intercooler to engine...

for 10 aditional HP over chips alone.... also EXHAUST IS A MUST!!! 6.0's are restrictive as all hell after down pipe... 3" only.. 4" true exhaust alone is worth 200* lower EGT and 5 Lbs of free boost..

your weak link when under chip is the VST turbo and the crappy intercooler design, if you go banks get the 6 gun PDA + full powerpack system, replaces the stock intercooler with a stronger design and look to turbonetics for a turbo upgrade to eliminate the weak shaft of the international VST design.. if you want to get serious it will cost ya a bit to do the ford right... but they do produce the power when ginen a chance.. expect about 150hp if you do all upgrades before ya really need to look to injectors and fuel flow issues.. i found on my 1997 7.3 that a chip rated at 80 hp gives about 55-60 to the rear wheels which is enough to go from a bark of the rear tires to a full fledged burnout with 38's beyond that mark your trans needs serious consideration.... the converter and stock programong cannot hold up to the gains you blow through the converter when not in OD and spin the clutches on shifts if power is applied at full load... and then ya buy a new trans ..... I had mine built locally by the MEDium duty ford dealer here in town with parts from ATS and ATI and a few other places they used to get the shifts firmer by mechanical means versus reprograming the Trans. i also have the banks trans command (built in to the 6 gun ) and it keeps things with the ECM happy. in 200K of chipped miles i went 90K on the original trans after chip ( i chipped the truck at 135K miles) and at 360K miles its still just as strong as it did when i installed it.

on my 7.3 even under full throttle pull EGT at turbo is 1300 and preturbo is 1420.. just below the boarder line max..
    Last edited by 150aintenuff; 11-30-2007 at 10:07 PM.

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...