Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al View Post
    Its namesake brand now ranks fifth, behind Honda, Acura, Scion and Subaru.
    Scion is a Toyota brand and Subaro is part-owned by Toyota. So what you are saying is that there is one group in the world, Honda, that makes higher-quality cars than Toyota. Any auto manufacturer other than Toyota would be really happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al View Post
    What’s more is that U.S. carmakers Ford and General Motors fared pretty well. Ford made big gains with its Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brands all ranking between 11 and 15. GM did pretty well, too. Buick cracked the top 10. Chrylser, however, had just a few models on CR’s ‘recommended’ list.
    Pretty well... Different standards, huh?

I think the real issue is that most cars are now so good that it really does not matter if you are number 11 or number 3 in the rankings.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/2 ton diesel truck?

Any new news on the 1/2 ton diesel trucks ?? I sue cant find anything new on the internet.
    2005 TRIAD STV EURO
    421 HP OMC 3.3 EFI by STOKER
    16" Taylor mid, Merc sporty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pity you guys don't get the new(ish) D4-D Diesel (3 litre turbo) that Toyota make for everywhere BUT the US.

Out of 20 USgal I was getting 560 miles, or 28mpg. That was in a Toyota Hilux quad cab (JDM version of Tacoma) while towing a 2600lb boat on our excuse for highways (all 2-lane and what you would consider 'b' roads).

I could wind it out to 110mph (not towing) but the most impressive part was the torque, it was barely noticable when towing our boats, nor was the mileage significantly different.

Seems that Toyota are set to put a version of this engine into the Corolla this comming year, no doubt it will be a hit here.

With the Kiwi dollar so strong (and the greenback in the toilet) we are seeing a real increase of American made product which I welcome, it seems just 'tuffer' than the Japanese stuff, only downside is the expense of converting to right hand drive which adds about US$10k.

Adversly, even though the Kiwi is so strong against the US, our fuel price works out to be around US$5.45/gal, so don't complain about increased fuel costs to loudly...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Scion is a Toyota brand and Subaro is part-owned by Toyota. So what you are saying is that there is one group in the world, Honda, that makes higher-quality cars than Toyota. Any auto manufacturer other than Toyota would be really happy with that.

Pretty well... Different standards, huh?

I think the real issue is that most cars are now so good that it really does not matter if you are number 11 or number 3 in the rankings.

Markus I was thinking the same thing about Scion and Subaru being a part of Toyota. I LOVE MY TOYOTA!!!!
    21XDC BULLET 225 ProMax

Immortality is your's... take it!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorlance View Post
    Any new news on the 1/2 ton diesel trucks ?? I sue cant find anything new on the internet.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7J4wFwIXC7U

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/15/g...the-hummer-h2/
    1999 Allison xb2003 2001 200XS
    2000 Dodge diesel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3