User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must be cheating. If they aren't cheating, it must be time for a rules change.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very ...

Quote Originally Posted by LIQUID NIRVANA View Post
    And yet again the E-Tec 250HO is triumphant in OZ. Dead stock it does
    90mph GPS with 2 skiiers & crushes 300hp Mercs & Twin Rigs on the Coffs Harbour, New South Wales course.
    impressive!

30 second lead over the second boat and ran in the Unlimited class against 300's

I want one! Check that.

I want 3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfanatic5 View Post
    Liquid, the media stated 5.6m but the hull is actually the 5.7m ventilator hull hence the rego VENT-N. The first 2 race meets this boat ran a 225H.O then they changed to the 250H.O for the Grafton meet. Bruce told me they were running a 30''pitch prop they brought in from the states and they are confident it will see better figures as they play with setups and props.
    Yes, that was what was indicated in the press release that there is still more to extract from this boat/motor rig. I think the Bridge to Bridge ski race next month is going to be something very special with this new motor. It WILL shock a lot of people. These motors are awesome.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brp

we are all gearheads, hipo freaks and just love the sport,yeah merc has had more to offer, but there windin it down a little, Brp took a company that the executives bled dry, and left it to die, they had their money, they didnt care anymore.BRP brought it back, honored some of the problems they inheritied, and basicaly kept 2 stroke outboards alive. they should get a praise just for that. they make a good product and have it refined, now they can pay some attention to performance, if they chose to.there is nothing better than a company in the early stages of interest in this, good things can come of it.sometimes u just have to prove there is a possibility and a market for it. they did their homework and have something to offer. considering the resourses and all the other things they had to address, these motors are here earlier than expected.So it may not be a merc, but it is a step to the future, something i think people get carried away and forget about. so all i can say is Kudos to BRP, lets keep bringin it on.Just think what merc would do if they didnt have any competition, we'd all be talkin about the old days.they car companies beat the emission game and have some hot stuff out there, look how long that took.Give the boys some credit, they deserve it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nicely said MTS1.

We ALL have much to thank BRP for & thanks to Merc as well for both of you keep our testosterone flowing & our performance addiction satisfied. There is no real fun in having the incredible performance machines we crave unless we can SHARE the experiences with others. We all have positives to offer. Lets just keep the negatives to ourself & enjoy each others experiences.

========================================================

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey liquid, you know i love my omc's but i will be looking forward to the bridge. Did'nt the boat that came second lose their skiers?
    97STV EURO & MERC 2.5 260

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A 30" and...

Quote Originally Posted by bassfanatic5 View Post
    Bruce told me they were running a 30''pitch prop
    pulling a skier

Yikes!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run a.................

32 as a cruise prop, it still turns up around 7500, dont keep it there long, got to much to do the nex day, boat behaves differently over 100, dont have alot of time there,they have tons of torque, it works well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, the torque on the 250xs is the same thereabouts. Most run stock 1.75 gears and a 30 prop and pull two skiers out effortlessly. This bridge to bridge race is a true benchmark, it is the first race for the season where everyone from around the country will be racing, rather than doing your local stuff. It is a 10 hour drive for us to get there but cannot wait.

Would of liked to have en etec250 but obviously you cannot get one, nor a 250xs. There was no second hand ones available, nor new in stock here so we brought one from there and flew it across.

This etec will be interesting but I'm not getting my nickers damp til the first 6 places are filled by etecs at any race!
    97STV EURO & MERC 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250ho

Bring it, I am looking forward to some good head to head with racers powered by ETEC it will be good for the sport of ski racing as long as we are all playing by the same rules in SMOC it will be fine. The numbers quoted seem a little suss for a stock engine as the 250XS is a strong engine and to be beaten by the margins quoted is that a 300HO ECU on that 250??? and another point if the engine turns to 7500rpm with a 30" prop then @ 10% slip = 106mph something does not add up!! with a 32" social blade @ 10% slip = 110mph. The bridge will tell the truth but Bomb will ned to work with the SRA if they expect to run this engine in SMOC at this event.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1050 View Post
    Bring it, I am looking forward to some good head to head with racers powered by ETEC it will be good for the sport of ski racing as long as we are all playing by the same rules in SMOC it will be fine. The numbers quoted seem a little suss for a stock engine as the 250XS is a strong engine and to be beaten by the margins quoted is that a 300HO ECU on that 250??? and another point if the engine turns to 7500rpm with a 30" prop then @ 10% slip = 106mph something does not add up!! with a 32" social blade @ 10% slip = 110mph. The bridge will tell the truth but Bomb will ned to work with the SRA if they expect to run this engine in SMOC at this event.
    There is no "300 HO" etech.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright 300 ETEC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1050 View Post
    The E-Tec 250 HO is about 275hp. No tricks here & no modified EEM's. They are off the production line straight out of the box. No special mods or hand finished powerheads. Top RPM is 6000k, usually 5800k. Their major advantage other than their top speed is TORQUE.
    The 300hp is a torque monster for BIG heavy boats. I wonder how many 250XS are being serviced right now.

=======================================================

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torque is a by product of all two stroke engines it has just gotten better with introduction of DI technology, as for the "I wonder how many 250XS are being serviced right now" statement Not sure what you are implying but at least the 250XS is humologated to run in SMOC as per the SRA rules unlike to 250HO ETEC!!. The bull**** will stop at the Syd bridge if the ETEC is legal, like I said "bring it" competition is a good thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250HO is OK for SMOC

HP1050 - why do you think there will be issues racing the 250HO in SMOC. It's advertised as a 250 just like the 250xs - capacity is not an issue. I can't see any problems.
    Darren Spencer

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast