User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woop's - apologies fothe aussie slang

"sh*t hot donk" - ah.......... = very nice engine!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be one sided.

The BRP guys had a good day and Merc guys had a shocker!!

I think at the end of the season it will have been a great competition.

Look at the results. The Stubbs boys have always won no matter what engine they run.Even a Yamaha.

Brad Groves with Stalker was a sorted pakage with a different power plant,but Brad knows what the thing needs to make it fast.On top of that he will would drive that boat up a water fall if thats whats requied to win!!! There is no one more commited!! To the point were he should probably be commited!!!!!! But he gets results!

Our third place getter works for BRP and tests with the Stubbs's!!

And as for the Moc results, they are irrelivant in is argument anyway.

Move into the Vic races, Little Man and Micky D and the other Merc's get going, things may be different.

This could be the first time in history that there is actual balance in the class.

Now we just need Yamaha to get something up there.

But stop being negative and get into the spirit of competition!! Thats why we race !!! If you don't like it head off to your nearest Bowling green so we don't have to hear about it!!!
    Last edited by twig; 12-05-2007 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twig

Twig, ahhmm.....PBR make brakes. I think you may mean BRP.....don't mean to be pedantic !!!
    Darren Spencer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP1 View Post
    Twig, ahhmm.....PBR make brakes. I think you may mean BRP.....don't mean to be pedantic !!!

Ahem PBR makes beer, some of the finest beer in the world.
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Ok!

But I may have been talking about brakes or beer!!

Well now I have have edited it and you two look like your on about nothin!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twig View Post
    But I may have been talking about brakes or beer!!

Well now I have have edited it and you two look like your on about nothin!!

lmao At least here in the USA our toilets flush the right way
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down Under View Post
    woop's - apologies for the aussie slang
    Don't apologize ! I love 'em !!

I know I'm in trouble when you blokes say, "No worries, she'll be right mate !"

I know bonnet and boot (hood and trunk), lorry and lift (truck and elevator) and I even know *** and rubber

Home many my fellow American's know what the last 2 Aussie slang items are ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wizard

yeah but do you know what a ute is ????

And by the way - we get a real laugh when you blokes over there start talking about "rooting" for something.
    Darren Spencer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Knackers!!

The septics wouldn't have a clue on that one!!
    Twig.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP1 View Post
    but do you know what a ute is ????
    Sure, do you know what a Ranchero is ?

And by the way - we get a real laugh when you blokes over there start talking about "rooting" for something.
    Yep, I know all about rooting ! I got 2 children !! A friend was at an Aussie volleyball game when said he was rooting for the girls in red !

Another friend's wife told the hostess of a small dinner party she was stuffed ! How about saying that in front of the children after some good tucker !

And yes, there are some sheilas and quite a few blokes here named Randy !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the name on the bottom of the press release from SRA, he umpires in a lowly grade in the amateurs, or should be.
    But anyway, who cares cos it is early in the season and as was said previously it is early days. Lets see how these boats get thru the Sthn 80. I am looking forward to seeing that Lab get round the bends with that OMC up high.
    Anyway, you gotta remember what SMOC stands for.

ps Whilst at the bridge I was listening to some mid section modification discussions and it was not a black motor, now if the same mod is done to everymotor, who is gonna know?

I remember Ford doing this for all the ford runners to get wheels under the guard of their GT coupes!
    97STV EURO & MERC 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

said it before, ill say it again

without competition, itll get boring,i think this is a good time in history or it to get going again, otherwise the sport of high performance would go by the wayside, dont bitch about someone bein better, make urs better,merc has become lax in this cuz there was no competition, heck, lets get all the manufactureres into this, maybe itll make people smile on their jobs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lax is right.

Look back not long ago and Mercury Racing had a very impressive line up of HP engine's.The 2.5 260's and Offshores through to the Champ engines.The 300PM and 300x was lame and at times extemely unrealiable.It now runs the same speed as there 250XS. The 300XS is only 2mph faster!! And the pricing has gone through the roof.They no longer do a 15" mid. But due to the lack of competition in Moc in Aus they have got away with it and still looked good.But if you look at the times ,they are shameful!! No where near recored times.And usually only under a minute faster than Smoc.

Its true they are not the gritty no holes barred engines they once were.
    Twig.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Moc Smoc Aussie Racing

Great therad , been following it since the begining and boy is it geeting the blood pumping. I raced smoc and moc back in the 80's and early 90's and wished i never stoped , went gunnel to gunnel lap after lap and bend after bend with some of the greats of that time like R. Cowie in the "TACK" , "MERC BULLET", "ONE THE MOVE" and on and on and on. Rudes set up well have always been hot because THEY HAVE MORE CUBES, and in good old 2 up ski racing in AUST this means heaps. But only one crew managed to blitz the field with a YAM and that was you guessed it the STUBBS boys with a YAM with "a lot of metal taken out that looked nothin like a full blown MOC of the day. I was at Mildura the year they got busted for a mid section mod that was not sanctioned and by now i would think the STUBBS boys now just how to get through the hoops and be legal. Not saying they are cheating, just got the toe right on the line in the sand where its all grey not black and white where we can all see what the heck is going on. The STUBBS would have made a choice between black, silver and blue/white on tech spec and CUBES. and then driven the thing right off the limits to get thoes results against some very hungry comp like Brad in STALKER who i recently did some business with and is a nice decent guy, but i believe he changes identity in the race boat with the helmet on and will drive across the bank to get round you if he needs to. God i wish i was still part of this MOC SMOC game. GO YA HARDEST..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day it's great to see BRP introducing a product that will compete with the mercs in smoc, isn't that what competition is all about? I'm in the process of repowering my boat (had a 2.5 merc) and with the latest results and BRP offering a 3 year warrenty (including racing) and no break in time it's going to be real hard to go past the stars & stripes engine.

Darren Spencer is correct, SRA are only required to get compliance documentation from BRP and ensure motors are sealed which I believe was done prior to Sydney B2B. Merc have had it too good for too long and it shows in their customer service, now it's just sour grapes on their behalf. I will watch with interest the sales of 250xs motors in OZ going through the floor over the coming months.
    BOAT - Bring Out Another Thousand $

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast