Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allstock View Post
    After much research into this Venom, there is just too many red flags popping up. F**k it, I'm buying an STV.
    Slow down o young one allstock!! There's alot of good that's also been discussed on this thread regarding the Hydrostream Venom. The Venom is a great boat, it's fast, good looking, well built and they do exist. You can buy one already built and rigged (see Pirate Joe or SFL Stream, they have a 2007 demo for immediate delivery) so you don't have to worry about receiving a boat or waiting for one. Don't give up so easily or get swayed by some folks who have a hard-on for Jim. Look at the boat, drive the boat and then make an intelligent choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my experience

Quote Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE View Post
    Man, this thread has gotten out of control...what was originally intended by the thread starter was to gather information about the HydroSteam Venom. This thread has turned into a trash throwing, name calling, bunch of BS. For you guys that have your panties too tight over the fact that Jim C is calling his boats HydroStreams, get over it! This is not about the name H/S or about Jim's past dealings. It's about a boat that many people are starting to enjoy and take notice of. It's not about racing and who's fastest,as most of us are pleasure boaters with a desire to go fast, and the Venom is FAST! I've seen the boat 1st hand and have watched it run at speed. The boat is a very nice ride and well built. Let's get this thread back to it's intention. Set up, performance, customization, and having fun showing off our pride and joys! Nuff Said!!
    all i can say is i have spent 2 years following a Venom with a built 280 and have never been close or been able to cover the rough water he does in my SS with the same power. i sold my SS to a buddy and went to ca to drive jims personal boat. he spent 10 minutes showing me the ropes of the boat. i got behind the wheel and after about 20 minutes i was completely sold. all the things i disliked about my SS were gone and the acelleration is sick. i have watch Andy run his in odba and have always noticed the first 400 feet is almost always his. i thought it was great reaction times and good setup, i still believe those 2 items are true but the boat is also a big part of it. jim drove us back to the launch ramp after my turn, from a dead stop he put his hands in the air and hit it. he didn't touch the wheel until the boat was well into the high 80's. i loved my SS, but everyone in the boat would have been swimming if i tried that. the boat is just that easy to drive. he also showed me that the boat will run 25/40 mph and not porpoise, anyone who has been in a SS knows what it does at those speeds.

the results of the demo ride was a sale, and i think anyone who takes the time to drive all the choices will put the Venom as one of the top 2 boats. i loved my STV and would most likely put it as the other top boat, but it has low speed issues that drove me crazy.

good luck with your choice.
    tjs

3. Likes Kcraft liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allstock what are you going to do with your boat that you buy?Race it?if not you should take along look at all the boats in your price range.there are alot of pissing matches on this thread,so for you to make up your mind using the info provided is crazy.yes the Stv is a good go fast lake boat(NO DISRESPECT)but they dont take waves to well as Ive seen countless times and read about on another thread. the venom that Ive seen does well in the ocean waves and really sloppy intracoastal waves and large wakes with no problem.as for them being race boats...look at where you will be using the boat to your maximum fun.then make sencable choice.good luck and having fun is what the game is about.
    titties + beer=a good life
    J-town hot boat party team member

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the venom that Ive seen does well in the ocean waves
    WOW!!!!!!!!!
    Allison XB21 250XS
    Scott Vickery/ Jax.Fla

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sample size n=1. My SS2000 never porpoises unless I over trim it just on a plane. 25-40? We water ski a lot with the boat, so it sees a lot of 25-30 mph use, and no porpoise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allstock View Post
    After much research into this Venom, there is just too many red flags popping up. F**k it, I'm buying an STV.
    LOL - look forward to seeing ya over here too - www.stvowners.com Pages of reader rides. Can't go wrong.
    Allison XB02, 22ft Tritoon 225 4 stroke, two seadoo sparks

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love stv's like the venom and love allisons didnt like the ss very much but i love the xb2002 r buddy has a venom w/ a bone stock 280 and we have a bone stock 280 he eats off the line but tp end both boats 105-106 w/ same set-ups but we r a lil heavier then him we always run 2 ppl in the boat where he runs 1..boat is nice rides good very easy 2 drive.. the xb2002 handles rough water betta then the venom does but over all i rather have an stv euro

RIP POPS 2/24/08!!!!!
    86' CHEVY C10 SWB W/A 99 VORTEC 454ci BBC BAGGED & BODIED
    85' ASTRO VAN W/ A 412HP 4.3 V6 BAGGED & BODIED
    R.I.P. MY LITTLE SIS STACEY 12/04/89-01/04/10 I MISS U MUCH....

MY NAME IS DREW FOLKS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my Venom
    XB2003 Allison 225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allstock, just from my past boating (Allison SS, XR2001, XB2003 and STV pro comp) I really think the venom is going to be a great boat. My SS which I loved ate my lunch several times (batturn), Xr was great but only had 2 seats, XB2003 took waves great, and the STV was fast on top end but keep a mist in your face when you was going slow. All boats have there bad and good points, I'm in the process of ordering a Venom I rode in a light weight venom with a 300 drag that would leave everything else on the lake in his wake (light weight Mirage with 280 and 300 drag, Allison SS with 280 and 300 drag with NOS) and at first we all hated this boat because it was new and kicking everyones a--. I watched this boat gps with 2 people in it at 116 and 124 with 1 person. I also meet Jim for the first time at Jasper and he was a great guy, I understand he has MS and has had a few problems. If you want a STV thats a good choice too, the mist was alright as long as it wasn't cold. I also dipped the nose once on the STV it soaked me and the wife.

TD------- So do you think stv should change there name now due to having a new builder.
    Last edited by john4utvols; 10-30-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2' ??

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJoe View Post
    Venom's are made in Tennesee. I am certain Mr Speath doesn.t have the molds. Today we ran one, with a professional driver, out in the ocean, in 2 ft seas. I will post the video on my web site.

Where is this video of a Venom running in 2' sea's ?? I only seen the video on your home page of running on glass.

Lance
    2005 TRIAD STV EURO
    421 HP OMC 3.3 EFI by STOKER
    16" Taylor mid, Merc sporty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Pirate Joes

Go to www.piratejoes.com and you will see a Venom ruunnin in some really tough stuff!!!
    Anthony
    2005 Venom
    2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorlance View Post
    Where is this video of a Venom running in 2' sea's ?? I only seen the video on your home page of running on glass.

Lance

on the homepage (www.piratejoes.com) click on "Owners Rides" right above the pic.

Jonathan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

Anthony and Jonathan, otherwise I would have to do all the work. BTW Anthony, when are you coming to FL? By Christmas we should have our Venom with a 200merc running about 100mph. ABout a $900.00 mod package. Bal Harbor is just a short hop down the Turnpike or us.
    Pirate Joe.
    Pirate Joe's Enterprises,Somewhere,So.Florida.
    " J-Town Hot Boat Party Team, Designated Drinker"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the hydrostream definetely has potenetial to be fast w/ a good engine but the ride quality in rough water isn't even a comparison, the hydro would eat the stv, and do it alot more safely in the chop- and it would be dryer
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my '05 Venom/Merc 280SS combo.....easy to drive, 103 mph so far with a 28 Lightning ET.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast