Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp View Post
    some people have had success racing it but no where near the success of a Mirage or an STV.

Bill Kosick
    .The venom is only four years old and can not be compared racing success wise to a Mirage or STV.The venom is not a race boat to start with.Its a lake boat.Mirage and STV were designed for mod vp racing.They can be lake boats as well but apples to oranges in comparing them to each other for race success.There are Mirages and STV racing DCI in ODBA and the venom is on top.Just wanted to make that point.How many STV and MIRAGES are out there compared to the new Venom?
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Merc View Post
    .The venom is only four years old and can not be compared racing success wise to a Mirage or STV.The venom is not a race boat to start with.Its a lake boat.Mirage and STV were designed for mod vp racing.They can be lake boats as well but apples to oranges in comparing them to each other for race success.There are Mirages and STV racing DCI in ODBA and the venom is on top.Just wanted to make that point.How many STV and MIRAGES are out there compared to the new Venom?

I see you're Still sucking up . Ha haha Wheres ya mota?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stream

Quote Originally Posted by allstock View Post
    Looks like this.
    Venom's are made in Tennesee. I am certain Mr Speath doesn.t have the molds. Today we ran one, with a professional driver, out in the ocean, in 2 ft seas. I will post the video on my web site.
    Pirate Joe's Enterprises,Somewhere,So.Florida.
    " J-Town Hot Boat Party Team, Designated Drinker"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venom @ Blarney Island

BTW, I heard today that a Venom took the high points championship in Pro Modified for the second year in a row running a 3 seat Venom like Andys against everything from Allison Drags, Quartermasters, STVs, and Mirages. I guess that was just another freak thing???? Someone said Andy could win in anything, sorry but he can't win in his Quartershot so that statement is BS. His winning is due to the whole package, great driver, great engine, GREAT BOAT.

Think about it, a 3 seat Venom lake boat heads up with all those Pro Modified RACE boats and high points champ 2 years running. Don't know who the guy is but congrads that is a awsome job and says it all!

I am of course, now bias, just sold my Alli SS and ordered a Venom. I saw the back of a local Venom for 2 years and have never come close! If you can't beat them in 2 years, I say it must be time to join em!
    Last edited by RPM@10300; 09-16-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=RPM@10300;1192632]Someone said Andy could win in anything, sorry but he can't win in his Quartershot so that statement is BS. His winning is due to the whole package, great driver, great engine, GREAT BOAT.[QUOTE]

This statement pisses me off.What BS that is.Andy hasnt been doing great in his Q-Shot in the odba because he is focused on his other boat the world champion Lake Racer class.He has tried three different motor combos that havent been able to get the job done yet.What is he supposed to be the world champion in every class and boat he runs?You must remember that Darren Baxter,Randy Mcormick and Glen Reynolds are top of the game and have raced this class for many years and have figured out what it takes to winn that class.Andy hasnt been in that class long enough to find the winning package yet.He told me he isnt running super stock anymore anyway.Next year he is running pro gas I beleive.He had already raced in that class and did pretty well already.He has been plagued with engine problems in superstock.The comment about him being able to win in any boat was ment as a compliment to his skills.Not ment to be taken literaly.He kicks everyone ass with that Q-Shot everywhere else he takes it.Won both classes at Ft rucker last week never lost a single pass.Next year you will see for yourself that that Q-Shot can getter done.Come to river ranch and say he cant make it run. Sorry but your post was bull schit and has nothing to with this Venom thread and was the second kick to the nuts to Andy this week.WTF????

I just spoke with Andy on his way home from the ODBA race.He won first again in Lake Racer.Didnt lose a pass.
    Last edited by Hot Shot Merc; 09-16-2007 at 06:46 PM.
    Rob Lankford

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as a hydrostream dealer i will have to say that its a great boat and if you have any questions about the venom give us a call,the venom can handel any horsepower you can come up with,we just sold one with 700 hp thats right 700 ,350 on motor and 350 in nitrous,3 stages of it and for a v bottom to handel that much horse power and run right thats says it all as far as it being a good boat,and as for jim,he has done nothing but good to me and my family,im not saying this is the boat for you but you need to ask questions and call and talk to people that own them and they can tell you what you need to know, have a great day

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boatmanhp View Post
    as a hydrostream dealer i will have to say that its a great boat and if you have any questions about the venom give us a call,the venom can handel any horsepower you can come up with,we just sold one with 700 hp thats right 700 ,350 on motor and 350 in nitrous,3 stages of it and for a v bottom to handel that much horse power and run right thats says it all as far as it being a good boat,and as for jim,he has done nothing but good to me and my family,im not saying this is the boat for you but you need to ask questions and call and talk to people that own them and they can tell you what you need to know, have a great day
    boatmanhp, I thought I was f'n' nuts!
    Pirate Joe's Enterprises,Somewhere,So.Florida.
    " J-Town Hot Boat Party Team, Designated Drinker"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Andy

Rob,
    The point of the comment was not to take away from Andy, it was to point out it takes alot of things to line up to be a winner, Great Driver, Great Engine, and Great Boat. It was my impression the original statement was made to say Andy or any of the ODBA winning drivers could win in anything they drove and that is diffiently a BS statement.

My impression of all the ODBA guys is that they are at the top of the outboard drag board world, and I think they all believe in themselves, their engine and the brand of boat they drive. I'm just tired of hearing its not anything to do with the boat because its a Venom and some on hear have a hard-on for the company.

I have owned and driven Allison's, STV's, Mirage's and most of the others. When I drove a Venom a couple of weeks ago I could not believe how it performed, more than that, how it handled overall. 20 minutes in one had me putting my money down. My interaction with the company has been excellent, I don't have my boat yet, so I guess I could look like a fool by coming to their support. But every part of my interaction has been good to date. Like all the small boat companies they can sometimes be hard to reach, but I have had that problem with Wally and Darris both.

I don't post hear because everyone reads what they want into every post, and the same pud pullers have to slam everything they don't like, understand, or have some hearsay bulls@#t to pass on about. Its disappointing because there are few sites that talk about smaller, affordable, performance boats.

As far as I know there are only 2 guys racing Venom's seriously and it sounds like they are both going to win their class for the second year in a row. Hopefully I can add another Venom to ODBA next year, and it won't be in Super Comp against Andy!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Hot Shot Merc;1192710][QUOTE=RPM@10300;1192632]Someone said Andy could win in anything, sorry but he can't win in his Quartershot so that statement is BS. His winning is due to the whole package, great driver, great engine, GREAT BOAT.

This statement pisses me off.What BS that is.Andy hasnt been doing great in his Q-Shot in the odba because he is focused on his other boat the world champion Lake Racer class.He has tried three different motor combos that havent been able to get the job done yet.What is he supposed to be the world champion in every class and boat he runs?You must remember that Darren Baxter,Randy Mcormick and Glen Reynolds are top of the game and have raced this class for many years and have figured out what it takes to winn that class.Andy hasnt been in that class long enough to find the winning package yet.He told me he isnt running super stock anymore anyway.Next year he is running pro gas I beleive.He had already raced in that class and did pretty well already.He has been plagued with engine problems in superstock.The comment about him being able to win in any boat was ment as a compliment to his skills.Not ment to be taken literaly.He kicks everyone ass with that Q-Shot everywhere else he takes it.Won both classes at Ft rucker last week never lost a single pass.Next year you will see for yourself that that Q-Shot can getter done.Come to river ranch and say he cant make it run. Sorry but your post was bull schit and has nothing to with this Venom thread and was the second kick to the nuts to Andy this week.WTF????

I just spoke with Andy on his way home from the ODBA race.He won first again in Lake Racer.Didnt lose a pass.
    Darn boy, you're quite the mouth piece for Mr Driver aren't you?
    Please don't get pi$$es at me , the strain would be more than I could bear.
    Last edited by TD; 09-16-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM@10300 View Post
    Rob,
    The point of the comment was not to take away from Andy, it was to point out it takes alot of things to line up to be a winner, Great Driver, Great Engine, and Great Boat. It was my impression the original statement was made to say Andy or any of the ODBA winning drivers could win in anything they drove and that is diffiently a BS statement.

My impression of all the ODBA guys is that they are at the top of the outboard drag board world, and I think they all believe in themselves, their engine and the brand of boat they drive. I'm just tired of hearing its not anything to do with the boat because its a Venom and some on hear have a hard-on for the company.

I have owned and driven Allison's, STV's, Mirage's and most of the others. When I drove a Venom a couple of weeks ago I could not believe how it performed, more than that, how it handled overall. 20 minutes in one had me putting my money down. My interaction with the company has been excellent, I don't have my boat yet, so I guess I could look like a fool by coming to their support. But every part of my interaction has been good to date. Like all the small boat companies they can sometimes be hard to reach, but I have had that problem with Wally and Darris both.

I don't post hear because everyone reads what they want into every post, and the same pud pullers have to slam everything they don't like, understand, or have some hearsay bulls@#t to pass on about. Its disappointing because there are few sites that talk about smaller, affordable, performance boats.

As far as I know there are only 2 guys racing Venom's seriously and it sounds like they are both going to win their class for the second year in a row. Hopefully I can add another Venom to ODBA next year, and it won't be in Super Comp against Andy!!
    Ok I accept that but your post did single out Andy and his Q-Shot for not winning in it.I read into it exactly word for word.The fact is he can and does win in the T-2.He and his Q-Shot has nothing to do with this thread though.He is my best freind and I will always have his back.There is a reason Andy has not done well yet in the ODBA with his T-2 and I felt that post was way out of line.Hope you understand where I came from with it.Thanx for trying to clearify things.
    Last edited by Hot Shot Merc; 09-17-2007 at 09:29 AM.
    Rob Lankford

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you really think about it now your all ass holes!!! no one is talking about the performance of the venom or setup, speed, driveability compared to its biggest rival, an allison!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by supaboatmillenium View Post
    if you really think about it now your all ass holes!!! no one is talking about the performance of the venom or setup, speed, driveability compared to its biggest rival, an allison!
    Thanx

If winning ODBA races against them and the fact they arent known for Hooking I would say it is just as good or better than some of the Allisons in it class.I doubt a venom can win the top classes because they arent desiging a full race version thats light with a closed race deck.Only the four seater with senter or side steer.
    Last edited by Hot Shot Merc; 09-17-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    Rob Lankford

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, this thread has gotten out of control...what was originally intended by the thread starter was to gather information about the HydroSteam Venom. This thread has turned into a trash throwing, name calling, bunch of BS. For you guys that have your panties too tight over the fact that Jim C is calling his boats HydroStreams, get over it! This is not about the name H/S or about Jim's past dealings. It's about a boat that many people are starting to enjoy and take notice of. It's not about racing and who's fastest,as most of us are pleasure boaters with a desire to go fast, and the Venom is FAST! I've seen the boat 1st hand and have watched it run at speed. The boat is a very nice ride and well built. Let's get this thread back to it's intention. Set up, performance, customization, and having fun showing off our pride and joys! Nuff Said!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so young in fast boat... for now i mast learning to drive it,Venom is my first realy speed boat,i have a std 225 Opt. on it,also std lower unit...,for the moment i can play with setup at litle step,i'm very low with prop shaft...i go up little bit every week,i feel the difference and i make practical to drive to more high speed...i know that maybe sometime i go with lower water pressure... for next season i like a sport master...and also some 30" Lightning et prop,now i have a 29 Tempest plus, i must
    At the moment i'm arrived to lower 80's...for my experience is already too fast...but i know and feel the limit for now it's me...

<!-- / message -->
    www.Tpowerboats.com

HydroStream Venom Merc 225 3L opti

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much research into this Venom, there is just too many red flags popping up. F**k it, I'm buying an STV.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast