Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moparbarn View Post
    get up with james clegg at www.ovalexpressracing.com. he's all ob tunnels, but should have good info on sources for stuff you may need.
    Thats what I've got a mill & lathe for. If he can give me some classes on how to use these boogers, then we'll talk. Btw, I know my way around this place better that most auslanders. Almost 7 years here now. Thanks though.
    Last edited by Stoker1; 08-27-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lessons

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker1 View Post
    Thats what I've got a mill & lathe for. If he can give me some classes on how to use these boogers, then we'll talk. Btw, I know my way around this place better that most auslanders. Almost 7 years here now. Thanks though.
    he does have lathes and mills, does custom work from drawings or just measurements. give him a call, but from the rudder bracket i saw, i don't think lessons are an issue .
    AIRWALK
    gettin' old ain't for sissies

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving on along. Got some work done the last few days. Its always good to have an extra set of eyes with a buddy assisting. He got to work on the hatch installing the drivers & louvers. I inspected the shaft insert for the Seebold drive and found the brass bushing was shot (its the one in the top right of the first pic. The one facing is from an American RC drive that was being used for temporary). This one had been ran for two tanks and had wollered into the aluminum insert. Tried punching it out with a little head and hammer but no-go. Had to build a new one.

Some pics along the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0068.JPG   DSC_0073.JPG   DSC_0075.JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made the bushing from brass. Drilled it out to .25 in. and the cut the outside down to the right size to fit the aluminum insert.

These will work fine and provide a good service life. Next time, I might try to make it out of brass tube with an insert similar to Speedmasters setup. This was fun & simple. Just a little time consuming for a beginner. Also, having messed up on a brass insert, looks like it will now make a nice sized punch.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0079.JPG   DSC_0084.JPG   DSC_0080.JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now to decide on the radio box. Talking to another buddy, he suggested a smaller box & lay the servos down. Not crazy about doing so as this is a play boat and it has to be easy to service. Either way, I dug out some boxes just to see. Looks like I'll still go with the Enforcer lid.

Another note is that I'm most likely going to turn the box around and let if fit between the rails instead of on top of them. Those that've ran this box know what I'm talking about. Now to get this to fit will mean gluing some wood to the bottom and putting blind nuts on the back side. Screw through the box and into the wood. A little silicone around the heads & its all good.

Take a look at the completed engine mount & pipe setup. Decided to move the engine forward two inches and cut a hole in the hatch. Really cleans up the exhaust from sticking so far out.

Hope to get the bellcrank for the steering setup tomorrow and seal the boots for the box. Install the wood for the bottom of the box and work on sealing the exhaust exit as well. No rush, but once it starts coming together, it flows
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0066.JPG   DSC_0085.JPG   DSC_0087.JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving on along. Got a lot accomplished this weekend. Hardware is installed after letting some thinned epoxy seal the holes. Gas tank, engine is set now. Installed a carbon fiber tray instead of the plastic one that came with the box. Had to add a small peice to make it work but it turned out alright.

Also had to relocate the coil to the rear. Not as big of a tasking as initially thought. Take some solid half inch aluminum, bore a 4mm hole and cut to size. The lathe makes quick work of this.

Now to build a new drive shaft, tidy up the box & it should be almost done. Oh, need to add some floatation to the hatch, & build a few cleats. Those can wait, but its hard not to live in the shop. Gesh, I'm ready to start on the Sprint Cat thats been sitting for six months.

Btw, wanting to go with a through hull pickup and tried a one off this weekend, but it didn't turn out right. For the first run, it might just be off the rudder

Werd... Jamie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0100.JPG   DSC_0101.JPG  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2