Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blarney Island

well, i was out there thurs, that E-tec is just smokin now.Its good to see something other than a merc finally coming into its own, congradulations to Brett

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New rules next week....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excellent!

Chainboater....any pix's?

And congrats to Brett.

X, huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. We're going to make any motor that starts with an E add 50 pounds every time it wins. Apparently Jeff, are you saying we should change the rules because there's no way an Evinrude can beat a Mercury unless it's cheating? They made me add 8ccs to my heads because they got beat by a ProMax, so if an Evinrude wins...man there's just GOT to be some old fashioned cheating going on right? I don't think so. He's got a big motor that he's been dialing in for 3 years and it's running good. Yes, he has an e-Tec ECU that no other person in the world has access to, and maybe that's not fair, but I like it because it makes the motor run with the Mercs and to see a Green motor (whether it's an Evinrude, Mercury, Yamaha, etc.) is exciting because it proves that fun can be had with those motors.

The last few weeks have seen me win with my ProMax, Chris Alby win with his 260 on a Mirage, Brett has won with his Evinrude and all three of us were dead even at 1300 points for the year a couple weeks back. Last week, I lost in the first round to my old Bass Boat with a 260 on it. He's been running close all year and finally got a great hole shot and drove by me. Jeff Houghtaling with his 280 ended up in the finals this last week. Anybody can win on any given day out there.

Are you saying we need new rules because the 260 isn't winning every week? We're having a great time and the racing's never been closer. Personally, I think the rules are perfect and there's no better place to race on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by Sam Baker; 08-05-2007 at 04:55 PM.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam dont get so excited,,,May be its closer racin since you got rid of 26cc heads against 38cc? Lets see pro max 225 with pcu,svs,26cc heads,full mod exhaust,who knows whats in side,and gets to weigh 75lbs lighter then a 260 or stock 280,sounds fair to me,,,Dont have to get so excited..he he

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing done inside. Motor turns a "stout" 7800-8000 RPMs (which is actually lower than what a lot of guys seem to be able to turn their ProMaxes at). I have to turn a 24 because I tried a 22" and it ran out at 1/2 track. Maybe you're confusing me with Brett or Chris Alby. I lost in the first round last week. Shouldn't you point at somebody who's actually winning?

Plenty of people have seen the inside of my motor. A whole lot of stock 225 ProMax....YAHOO
    Last edited by Sam Baker; 08-05-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    Sam Baker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tight heads make a big difference with low ports in 700ft,maybe its more fair now,,forgot to mention above also a light after market light fly wheel,,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light flywheels don't make a difference in performance. I'm sure you know that. Dewitt and Wayne Tripp tested that a million ways to Sunday and couldn't find any measureable difference. It's just a way to help save the crank. I'm not the only one who has one either so it's not an advantage.

Also, I'm sure you realize that there's a huge difference between a behind the liner 2.5 260 and the porting of a standard 225 fishing motor so that was the reason for the difference in the head CCs. Giving up over 1000 RPMs in 700 ft. allows the 260 to run a 22". Brett runs tight heads too. He's got the most compression out there - 150 pounds on 6v starting.
    Sam Baker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can tell the beginners fly wheels dont do any thing,tell it to someone who knows and your full of it,why dont they let every one at ODBA run one,I am sure yours is a merc flywheel with all oem parts,,210 lbs compression on your promax with every possable bolt on should out run every stock 260 0r 280 in 700ft but now that the rules are a little right now i will hear less rule problems...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, I don't know where you're getting your info, but it's not right. Come take a look at this radical 260 whippin' cheater motor for yourself instead of listening to others. I even attached a picture of it for you so you recognize it when you see it.

The flywheel on there is a MadEFI flywheel - with all OEM parts that have been cut (not like that wicked European flywheel you used to have). Also, my compression at the last test after I won was 155 pounds on 24V starting (it's about 138-140 on 12V starting).

As for flywheels, that's a debate that will go on forever. On a 1600 lb. boat, the difference between a stock aluminum flywheel and a lightened aluminum flywheel will net you zero difference in performance. Does it on a 1250 lb. ProFuel boat? I don't know...I've never tested it on that.

I'm not the only one that has one so why does that make it an advantage just for me? Does it only help a ProMax and not a 260?

Oh, I object to you saying I have "every possible bolt on".....I broke two of my SportJet reed cages so I'm back to running stock reed cages. he he

I'll admit that I am TOTALLY shocked at how good this thing runs. I never dreamt I would ever be able to go head to head with a 260 let alone beat one from time to time. Nick's put a lot of work into it and it runs pretty darn well. I ESPECIALLY appreciate the fact that a guy who is as fast as you and I really respect actually takes the time to accuse me of cheating when you've never even seen the thing in person. That means I've been ruffling some feathers and scaring some people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4020b.jpg  
    Last edited by Sam Baker; 08-05-2007 at 11:01 PM.
    Sam Baker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx View Post
    Sam dont get so excited,,,May be its closer racin since you got rid of 26cc heads against 38cc? Lets see pro max 225 with pcu,svs,26cc heads,full mod exhaust,who knows whats in side,and gets to weigh 75lbs lighter then a 260 or stock 280,sounds fair to me,,,Dont have to get so excited..he he
    Jeff, I know whats inside the motor, don't worry, nothing exciting. You got it right, low ports, all stock. No rod slot work, no behind the liner, no light pistons, wrist pins, crank, rods, all stock except pistons, those be Pro-Marine +.015. Full mod exhaust?? Nope, stock exhaust chest, just a one piece plate and tuner. Stop picking on ol'Sammy so much, You making him feel bad, and then I have to keep detuning his motor and I got other things to do! he he. He just wants to be one of the big kidz!
    When you bringing that carp boat ov yours out? I ain't seen that thing yet, you going to run it at Kosh? and why no Island for You?
    Blarney Island Racer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

compression

ok mine is at 145 which is what the mercs are at, i saw it, i can run 36 cc heads and mine are at 54 cc whats the point? I have to run odba rules, everyone else has there own, i dont complain, it runs well the way it is, yes it is all close.I proved that low port, torque motors run better in 800 feet, the pro max will run better, merc guys can keep doing what they want, ive caught them now and will catch them again, thats all im gonna say, im still dialin this thing in.thats what its about for me.its all just for fun. by the way, its not 6 v starting, its 12

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep It Up Samm!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Baker View Post
    Jeff, I don't know where you're getting your info, but it's not right. Come take a look at this radical 260 whippin' cheater motor for yourself instead of listening to others. I even attached a picture of it for you so you recognize it when you see it.

The flywheel on there is a MadEFI flywheel - with all OEM parts that have been cut (not like that wicked European flywheel you used to have). Also, my compression at the last test after I won was 155 pounds on 24V starting (it's about 138-140 on 12V starting).

As for flywheels, that's a debate that will go on forever. On a 1600 lb. boat, the difference between a stock aluminum flywheel and a lightened aluminum flywheel will net you zero difference in performance. Does it on a 1250 lb. ProFuel boat? I don't know...I've never tested it on that.

I'm not the only one that has one so why does that make it an advantage just for me? Does it only help a ProMax and not a 260?

Oh, I object to you saying I have "every possible bolt on".....I broke two of my SportJet reed cages so I'm back to running stock reed cages. he he

I'll admit that I am TOTALLY shocked at how good this thing runs. I never dreamt I would ever be able to go head to head with a 260 let alone beat one from time to time. Nick's put a lot of work into it and it runs pretty darn well. I ESPECIALLY appreciate the fact that a guy who is as fast as you and I really respect actually takes the time to accuse me of cheating when you've never even seen the thing in person. That means I've been ruffling some feathers and scaring some people.
    SAM YOU SHOULD BE NO STRANGER TO THIS TYPE OF RIBBIN,
    THEY ALL SAID THE SAME BACK IN 1998 WHEN YOU KILLED THE UNLIMITED CLASS WITH YOUR MIRAGE Q-MASTER, I KNOW CAUSE I WAS STANDING THERE ON THE DOCK LISTENING TO THEM ALL CRY.
    AND EVERY TIME YOU WON THE LOOK ON ALL THE FACES WAS PRICELESS!
    THERE I AM WITH MY CHIC, JUST THE TWO OF US WHOOPIN AND HOLLERIN ALL ALONE WITH ALL THOSE PISSED LOOKS !!!!!! THAT WAS FUNNY CHIT!!!
    WHAT WAS THE SECRET TO THE SUCCESS BACK THEN?????
    MY MEMORY IS A LITTLE "MISTY" AND CAN'T SEEM TO REMEMBER ANYTHING OUT OF THE NORM, MAYBE THE " KARMA" AT THE ISLAND IS SHIFTING YOUR WAY AGAIN!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. It's all coming back to me now.

Brett and I will just have to keep adding weight each week that we win until the 260 is back in its rightful spot as the be all, end all motor out at the Island. That'll make everybody happy and nobody will have to replace their helmet foam because their tears are soaking it up.

Brett, your motor is on 12V starting? Holy cow...I'd check your battery. That thing looked like I could grab it and turn it faster than the battery was turning it over. Maybe it's all that compression you got that's keeping that battery from turning it over. hehehehe (why should I be the only one that's getting a hard time here...)
    Sam Baker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who saying anything about Brett? Sammy all your bolt on are fine,until you change to a SVS,,in ODBA rules state with svs on pro max,, the weight goes way up, like 1720lbs...Take your pro max and go down south and ask them what class you can run it in? Just trying to make the rules fair for every one...Not complaining,,and in the real world, we know how bad that pro max would loose to a 260...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast