Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh it's summer down there. Most of us Uk boaters have hidden for the winter hence it's a bit quiet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are you planning the launch then John?
    Must be soon now
    gaZ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right up to my doh dads with work at the moment so not a lot of time, waiting on trim hoses at the moment, then I can bleed the trim & connect the motor for a fire up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you S&F for the welcome! Quite a few scandinavians on this forum too...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you S&F for the welcome!

Another scandinavian.......................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final note. Lets not "run on" like I've seen done on S&F. A Have no flywheel holder" went on for I think 48 hits! Iadmit I was one telling him "buy one but not a cheepy" Lastly, lets behave like gentlemen even if we do dissagree. Life's too short.Race hard, play hard, it can all be good fun. Right, off me soap box, goin fishin'. Phil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have PM

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if itn sounded a bit "nose up" It wasn't ment to but some of the guys geta bit personal. Anyway the sight in my opinion is the best thing since sliced bread! I have to do something as Ive lost the use of my R ankle. Now I cant work in a shop on the floor so teaching is an option, providing spelling and computers arnt involved, too much. Thanks again for the sight and the opportunity to use it. Cheers Phil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its GREAT to have you aboard Phil..............Thanks for sharing your knowledge !

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was writing to you and then off it went. Try again.I may as well pass it on otherwise it will be lostKen Finlay's Liquidnirvana sight is well worth a look. I'm helping him with a bit of input when I was at Second Effort and met Garry and Charlie Strang who still replies to my E mails. What a pitty BRP's directors can't find the time or even agknowlage(where is the "spell check?") leters dvd's sent etc.The sight is a history of OMC and that is where you'll see some of Kens work, in Evinrudes 09 brochure! If people like Ken and I don't put it down it will be lost and the people like Strang Mr K. Garry. They and others have mage the industry what it is and in some cases talking to Charlie, what it isn't. When he left in89 they had "well over half the market" "Howmy 4successors asCEO managed over the next10or 11 years to reduce the marketshare to9 or 10% is beyond me.. with the resultant bankruptcy" When Mr Strang retired the held the Japaneseat about 8%. "sad indeed!" Please don't pass this on as maybe his thoughts and writings to me were not for general "use" Cheers. There is quite a bit more but you'll be able to read that in Liquidnirvana. Could you help? We want to know more about the rotary which was being worked on. OMC bought the rights to develop it without releasing anything to the parent company NSU Wankel. God, look at the time !8 AM. Good night, Phil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry can't help you on the OMC line of motors ... If I'm cut I'll bleed Mercury BLACK......

Cheers,
    Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know of anyone that would, even if they have "black blood" Garry started off working for Mercury long before he started Secound Effort. He was in fact the guy that started the Mercury Hi Performance Dept. He left wanting to be a "bigger wheel" somewhere else. His father told him that in this life you have to make "That Secound Effort" and thats how it all got startedCharlie Strang was Mercuries top desgner, or one of them and close friend of Mr. Carl K. It was Charlies Mum who told him to paint the tall Merc sixes black as this is what tall ladies do to make themselves look less "obtrusive/shorter". Charlie also invented the stern drive, put the idea to Carl who was not interested. The idea was taken to Volvo by Jim Wayne. We know the rest. Charlie did not "addmit" to the stern drive 'till after Carl died. If you're intersested in this kind of stuff the book to read is Iron Fist, the lives of Carl K. That either bored the sh... out of you or you'll by the book. Hope you're no where near those fires or have rellies around there. Cheers Phil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3