User Tag List

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I trust Bill Seebold boat driving skills.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior74z View Post
    Found another photo of the two hole Seebold, at the Merc dealer meeting in the late '70s. Anyone know of any other race tunnels with two holes? Anyone see or ride in this one?
    How do you like the 50 MPH impact vest being put on the next rider?

If gentleman Bill Seebold is the driver of the two-seater Seebold hull, then I would feel comfortably safe and in good hands. Wearing the 50 MPH impact vest, would be an enjoyable experience, riding with and behind the veteran ace Mr. Seebold.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    If gentleman Bill Seebold is the driver of the two-seater Seebold hull, then I would feel comfortably safe and in good hands. Wearing the 50 MPH impact vest, would be an enjoyable experience, riding with and behind the veteran ace Mr. Seebold.
    I know of at least one person being thrown out of two seater with Mr. Bill driving.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about that Mercury Band truck entertaining the dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior74z View Post
    Is this a Mercury dealer meeting or T Bird. Looks like a lot of those 1967 Mercuriser jackets present.

When my Dad was working for Mercury in the late 1950's, at Sarasota Florida, the Mercury Band truck once came and parked at our house. The van-box-top open's up and the platform inside hydraulically lifts an Organ. What a marketing sight & sound for a five year old to see & hear.

I do not know what effect this Mercury marketing exhibition had on dealers and at boat shows, but it was amazing for a young kid to witness an Organist playing on top of a converted truck. As the saying goes ... those were the days.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my Dad was working for Mercury in the late 1950's, at Sarasota Florida, the Mercury Band truck once came and parked at our house. The van-box-top open's up and the platform inside hydraulically lifts an Organ. What a marketing sight & sound for a five year old to see & hear.

I do not know what effect this Mercury marketing exhibition had on dealers and at boat shows, but it was amazing for a young kid to witness an Organist playing on top of a converted truck. As the saying goes ... those were the days.
    Rumour has it that for the 75th anniversary celebration of THE Mercury birthday shindig, they really pushed the boat out-----bugger the expense-----Coast to Coast advertising----showing any time soon ( at a venue to be decided) "The Merccapuppeteers Punch and Judy show! Yeah! Yeah!yeah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roy Ridgell partial career path with Mercury Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by troybell View Post
    I also meant to mention the way I stumbled upon the site and this thread was due to my seeking photos of Roy Ridgel the Service Tech that covered our area. Great guy and great Mercury stories he could tell. He ran boats at Lake X and went to Europe. Miss that man.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baird Hardware Van.and Roy R..jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	294318

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> In this photo is the Baird Hardware dealership van, in the late 1950’s.

Next to the van is a young Roy Ridgell, before he started his 30 plus years as a Mercury employee. His Mercury career included a career testing boats at Lake X, factory race driver, European race manager, then on to technical support for Mercury dealerships, and then supporting the Tournament Bass boat circuit for Mercury Marine.

Name:	Roy Ridgell pleasure tunnel boat..jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	294319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat B-300.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	294320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roy testing at Lake X.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	294321

<!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roy Ridgell receiving award in Italy..jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> In this photo is the Baird Hardware dealership van, in the late 1950’s.

Next to the van is a young Roy Ridgell, before he started his 30 plus years as a Mercury employee. His Mercury career included a career testing boats at Lake X, factory race driver, European race manager, then on to technical support for Mercury dealerships, and then supporting the Tournament Bass boat circuit for Mercury Marine.

<!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    There was a man who could ooze Mercury without even trying, the quintessential master of diplomacy Roy was a gentleman!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thornl01 View Post
    The 'Gentleman' in the center is Jack Moore, from Jack's Marine in Lake City, South Carolina.
    And that is Hammerhead next to him I am pretty sure his son. Would have to ask Dad. I can't remember names from then very well, we have to bounce it around to remember. But Jack was a card, a lot of fun at Glastron meetings, had a buddy who was a Supreme Court Lawyer w/him all the time. So much fun. We almost got the whole dealer meeting thrown our of a hotel over my bottle of whiskey! We lined up with the Mexican band and sang. We were in San Antonio that year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the pictures. He was like my dad to me. He taught me a ton about life, and engine repair. I shed tears the last time we parted knowing pretty well I'd never see the man again, who had become such a part of my life growing up. We tried ceaselessly for years to get him to come work of us and as it turned out was glad he didn't. God has his ways, and in the end you find it all out. Thanks again. I am going to show these to my father. He will love it. So will both my brothers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the late Jerry Reed at a boat race in Nashville, TN, (if memory serves me correctly if was 1976). In the pit area they were doing a publicity photo shoot, and Jerry was sitting in the cockpit of one Mercury's factory sponsored race boat. Roy Ridgell (a Mercury employee) looked at Jerry in the boat cockpit, and said to Jerry "you look lost". And Jerry (with his humor) said "I am", and they both laughed.

Also Jerry Reed was such a fine guitar player that Maestro Chet Atkins did a lot duo pickin together with Jerry.
    That is Lynn Mellenthien with Jerry. Mercury's advertising manager for years. He is in his 80's and alive and well in Fond Du Lac.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the front Counter, w/parts to the right. Dad in picture.

Name:	Dad at counter Boat Store.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	302.9 KB 
ID:	294479
    This is Dealer Congress at Mercabo Test Center. l to r; Bill Anderson, Unknown, Olen Bell, Drake Marine Atlanta, Unknown, fill in the blanks if you can. I ask Dad if he had his Dealer ring and he said he sold it. One of his buddies was buying gold...I am pissed he sold it.

Name:	Dad Telling one at Mercury Meeting.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	294480

Dad snags one from Okeechobee.

Name:	Dad w big fish Florida.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	294481

Every November we'd load up 14-15 boats and supplies and take the entire crew from Nashville/Tullahoma Marine to Lake Okeechobee, it was a huge time. We'd have big fish contest w/a pot you could win. And all you wanted of what ever, and I do mean what ever. True.

Name:	Fish Camp w crew.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	294482

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good pictures of Ridgell, I worked for Merc for 39 years and with him many times at tournaments and the technical years with dealers. He was a good and close friend and is missed by many.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy on the left is Lou Harvey, when I worked for Mercury In the seventies he was the director of sales for Mercury.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third guy from the right is Jack Moore, Charles Alexander far right, John Hull far left

14. Likes troybell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet I can guess who you are. Few would even have these pictures. Roy was a man's man. Bet he raised a good son too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digging up more stuff since I re-worked my shed and moved stuff around. This would make anyone proud. Guess why I saved it with all the old Glastron Brochures.

Name:	1980 Letter from Art Carlson Pg 1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	411.7 KB 
ID:	299589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1980 Letter from Art Carlson Pg 2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	299590

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast