Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

needing some info.

I know there are a lot of post that say newbie to jet boats already but I 've got another one. I found this boat and I'll post the link later. but it's a 17' fiberglass flat botom boat, set up for a 455 olds or big block chevy. it's got a berkley pump.what does everyon think this is worth. and this is where it get stupid questions but I know everyone will help out. mainly delt with outboard jets so I don't know much about inboard jets but wanna learn. what motor would work good in this boat? and what would need to be done to a motor to make it from vehicle to boat ready? could probably find a 454 pretty easy, and found a 455 out of a plymouth that could probably work I think but I don't know. basicly I'm asking what kind of motor I would need, what I would have to do to the motor to be able to put it in the boat. thanks in advance guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6772976.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You Wanna 454 Or Big Small Block(410-434) Chevy ,cost And Avail Will Make It Much Easier On Ya Wallet, Good Headers Are Easy To Find , And Other Parts Like Intakes Heads Etc. , 454 With Oval Ports Victor Style Intake Solid Cam 234/244@.050 550-590 Lift On A .112 Easy 9.5:1 Power Making Combo,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford or Chevy is your best bet on longevity, HP parts are more common for Chevy, but Ford parts are out there finally. There are guys running smallblocks in glass boats, but you need to build the hell out of them, to make them work as good as a big block. There is plenty of used stuff out there for engine swaps, just ask around on the forums, and save some coin.
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree sleekcrafter, Ford big block is inherently good flat top pistons make great compression easy depending on head of coarse, and if your starting off with nothing it is just up to personal preferance , still need exhaust, water neck and water fittings for block for either, I have a spare bell housing for a Ford ? almost fogot a good oil system as well will help!!!
    on any engine pan, windage tray, pump and filter are important to engine life at constant RPM and LOAD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks a lot guys. all this info helps. I'd probably find a 454 to put on it. was just gonna see what kinda stuff I had to do to the motor to make it water ready. I didn't figure it was as simple as pulling the motor out of an old truck or car and throwing it in there. just tryin to figure out some basics to decide if I want to buy it or not. thanks guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

just what do you have in store for that boat?
    You're a daisy if you do!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you know I won't leave the current but these races, I think it'd be a little easier to win somethin with a boat with a lil more a$$ behind it than we've got, that's my thinkin, plus don't ya think it'd be cool to pile 6 people, cooler and streo in and still run 70 - 80.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like you need a 1/4 stroked 454 chevy,990 styl heads or dart,solid roller 685 lift 253-266 dur at 50. 1000 hp holley carb.msd ign. this would give that jet what you need to win some races and go some mph with a load! but will cost you some bucks.