Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swapping 90hp mercury to 175hp sea rayder

First off, wanted to say hi to the forum, im not new to forums nor the vbulletin setup, but new to this site.

Any who, im interested in swapping out my 90hp mercury inboard jet motor with the 175hp version out of the newer sea rayders. Ne one have an idea of what ill need to swap. Also, does ne one know where i can get one for decently cheap? thanx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy84 View Post
    First off, wanted to say hi to the forum, im not new to forums nor the vbulletin setup, but new to this site.

Any who, im interested in swapping out my 90hp mercury inboard jet motor with the 175hp version out of the newer sea rayders. Ne one have an idea of what ill need to swap. Also, does ne one know where i can get one for decently cheap? thanx
    Welcome to the wonderful world of custom jet boats. I'm kind of new at it but it sounds like your working on a modern lil jet ski-mini boat not a classic hot rod. Sounds tike what your wanting to do should be no problem at all. Just figure out all the parts and fittings you need to make everything work then spend hours and hours fabbing up custom parts. Next put it all togethr and expect to redo about 1/2 the stuff becaust it just almost worked. Huuummmm, Sounds just like 90% of the rat rod jet boats out there today! LOL LO! Good luck man but I really think you should go with a 454!

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

swap

dont want to swap but might be interested in your motor if you find a differenty one

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Sea Rayder is a mid 90's boat, the 90hp was a Force (former brand)Motor. Merc Painted them black and slapped their name on them. If you were looking for a drop on fit there will most likely be issues.

Ken