Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suzuki Hayabusa back on top! (like we did not know that would happen)

The new Suzuki Hayabusa 1350

We got the info and order points today!

After a short stint of loosing the 1/4 mile mark to Kawasaki's ZX-14 the new Hayabusa is back on top.

All new frame, all new engine that now is 1340cc

it's the new 1/4 mile king.

(I'm not into these thing's, but selling them I find this is a big big sport)
    And we Mercury Evinrude guys don't rival like these cats!
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al on the streets the kaw was no treat for the busas....Neither are the v rods..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al , I've heard suzuki is coming out with a Standard Version of the Hayabusa . Is this correct and if so when will it become available? Rich Martin 018
    Wile E. Coyote: (acceleratus vulgaris)

Its amazing how heavy a GPS can be.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    Al , I've heard suzuki is coming out with a Standard Version of the Hayabusa . Is this correct and if so when will it become available? Rich Martin 018
    I have not seen anything.
    Just the info on the new.

As soon as they release the full lineup I will post info.

AL
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they give any hp rating? I have an 06 and I believe it is supposed to have 185. Just wondering if they just increased displacement or if they massaged it near 200 hp. You said it's a new frame. Do you know if they kept the same block and mounting points?
    I would like to know if the new model would just drop in my car. Have to wait for someone to drop one first though . You wouldn't happen to know where I could find an 06 motor with low miles? Always looking for a spare.
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5.../Radical11.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmanmtl View Post
    Did they give any hp rating? I have an 06 and I believe it is supposed to have 185. Just wondering if they just increased displacement or if they massaged it near 200 hp. You said it's a new frame. Do you know if they kept the same block and mounting points?
    I would like to know if the new model would just drop in my car. Have to wait for someone to drop one first though . You wouldn't happen to know where I could find an 06 motor with low miles? Always looking for a spare.

Ya lost me when you said car until I checked out the pic. That is cool. So you race that with a bike engine in it? Do you shift on the steering wheel?
    Allison XB02, 22ft Tritoon 225 4 stroke, two seadoo sparks

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new and improved Busa motor:
    • New 1340cc, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers provides 11% higher performance and smoother operation
    • New Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox
    • New S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences
    • New lightweight titanium intake and exhaust valves with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency
    • New lightweight aluminum alloy pistons feature a revised shape and a higher compression ratio of 12.5:1 for maximum performance in all conditions.
    • SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation and new hydraulic cam chain tensioner for reduced mechanical noise
    • New ventilation holes at the cylinder skirt for reduced pumping losses and increased performance
    • High efficiency curved radiator now features dual electric fans controlled by the ECM for increased cooling capacity. Oil cooler now has 10 rows cores for increased heat dissipation.
    • New large volume 4-2-1-2 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, dual triangular canisters and closed loop system that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulations
    • New Shot-peened chrome-moly steel connecting rods for maximum durability
    • Ion plating treatment utilizing PVD (physical vapor deposit) method is applied to piston rings providing a smoother surface treatment for increased durability, reduced friction loss and reduced oil consumption
    • Slick shifting 6 speed transmission working in conjunction with an innovative back torque limiting clutch for smooth and controlled downshifts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmanmtl View Post
    badass car

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.

"Hidden behind the new bodywork is the same basic mountain-motor inline-Four, but with some speed-demon tweaks"

Great, so it sounds like the same block and mounting points. Now all I have to do is find one. Wonder what they would want for just a motor? Probably too much. Have to wait till somebody writes one off. The plan is to turbo( already have it) the 06( hopefully getting in the 235 to 250 hp range) and run a stock 08 which sounds like it will have 200 hp.
    The car is a blast to drive and about 7 seconds a lap faster than my 05 GT3 on a 2.65 mile track ( 1:51 vs 1:44) and there is still more.
    Yes the shifting is on the wheel but we still have a few bugs to work out. Here's a pic of the guy that did most of the work giving it a little test run.
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...l/IMG_9521.jpg

There is a few seconds of the car on track here at about the 5:30 mark.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...68560683299356

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photo looks like turn 9 at Mosport.
    235-250 hp is VERY conservative for a turboed 'Busa engine.
    Wouldn't you have more fun with 450-550hp?

Turbo.....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close but no cigar! Photo is from the same event as the video, Calabogie, which is near Ottawa.
    500hp is possible on these motors but they would not last in a car. We are pushing 2.5 times the weight and about 10 times the contact patch compared to the bikes they are designed to be used with. The internals are not strong enough to withstand that for very long even fully stock. It's not a matter of if my motor will blow, it's when. At roughly $3000 to replace it is a consumable item. Throw it out and buy another. Some of the true race guys throw $25 k into a motor to have it last a few races.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the B-King is finally making it to production. Apparently, it has the same motor as the Hayabusa, but I don't know if it will be "modified for better midrange" -- the Japanese term for knocking off 10% of the horsepower. We'll wait and see, but I doubt this bike (the new hayabusa) will be significantly different or faster than the last. You can make your old one much faster for way less $$$ than the cost of trading up. I'll go even farther and say that a good rider on an old one will easily beat a mediocre rider on a new one.. It's just soooo funny watching everybody run for the newest, latest, and greatest...... just to get beaten by an "inferior" bike -- all because they never learned to ride what they had. I finally became a sissy and sold my Hayabusa. When you get to the point where you don't think it's fast anymore, you've got issues. It just seems like if you ride one of those the way they like to be ridden, the odds will catch up to you some day. From now on, I'll have to get by with "only" 130 horsepower... I'll wave as all you guys with fast bikes come past... and I'll hope none of you get hurt. I never thought I'd say this, but maybe this speed thing is going too far on the street..
    Currently involved in activity that can only break one piston at a time......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiLift View Post
    Photo looks like turn 9 at Mosport.
    235-250 hp is VERY conservative for a turboed 'Busa engine.
    Wouldn't you have more fun with 450-550hp?
    Check out Hanks 700hp Busa Must be a ride from hell ...and then some..

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/...topic=113458.0

Last edited by Shaun K; 07-18-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the size of that turbo there'd be no stones left on the road as they'd all be vacuumed up!!
    He's got some serious dosh into that bike, NOTHING is stock including the frame. Must be a hoot at around 140 and getting on 'er!!