Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Who has a Dodge Truck w/ 5.9 Cummins

I just picked up my new truck and its a 2007 Dodge Quad Cab with a 5.9 cummins in it. I am doing som upgrades for performance and wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with Chips for the Truck.

I am looking at the Edge A2 in Cab controller with the GPS and Camera. Does anyone have this unit or have they used one? Is the Bully Dog a better unit for Milage and towing performance? I am not looking for the fastest truck in the quarter mile but I would like to eat a vette or two every once in a while....

Any info would be helpful
    But Officer There is NO-WAKE over 100mph............

21 Hydraskiff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOT, BULLEYDOG KIT, went from 310hp to 570hp in my dodge/cummins.
    Gained 1 mi per gallon. With the 4.10 gear it will smoke all 4 tires till they pop!!
    Phone:352-267-7350 or text..
    Email:Winningeverytime@gmail.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    put a blower on it and some glass packs, bitch will haull ass ...
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The edge is prolly a safer system but if you want da big HP bullydog is the way to go Make sure what ever you get has a pryo. EGT's are everything on a diesel. I personally am running a diablo predator programer stacked with the edge EZ , AFE stageII cold air intake and 6in heartthrob turbo back exhaust. Be careful it will void your warranty and dealers and Chrysler are cracking down hard. And i only know this because im a dogde cummins diesel tech.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had mine stock for two years now...but I'm getting kind of curious myself. Do they really get better milage?? Later, Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a Smarty. By far the best and it leaves no telltales for them to void your warranty with.

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.9 Cummins

Its a shame you didn't get the new 6.7,all our new trks coming off transport with diesel are 6.7. Sold a friend that does custom paint on Black Thunders & MTI, a new 3500 Mega dully 4x 6.7 Aisin 6spd auto w/ factory exhaust brake.Loves the trk, claims stock it will out pull his Duramax chiped w/ big exhaust and cold air. New 6spd auto down shifts on braking in conjuction with exhaut brake,awsome set up.Hasn't found a chip yet.1st gear w/ load leaves like gas mtr (no lag).New motor is really quite,I believe they did it right the first time, 350 horse & 650 lb torque on low sulfur fuel.
    Mike
    M/E 1115 'Hot Pursut'
    Mike Massmann
    Stick it in,Get it wet,GO fast!!!
    GONE BLACK !!

Member: Ray Neudecker's
    OVER the HILL GANG OUTBOARD
    RACING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought all 07's were 6.7L's? Most people I know that have them say they run good, but fuel milage sucks compaired to the old ones.

If you are gonna start modding it, look into diesel web sites. Lots of them out there. I mix and match parts when I start modding. Look into a TST. That single box can give you too much fuel for anything else to keep up with. Controls timing, duration and more. You can get it with digital gauges built in too. 0-9 adjustments for high and low end. I cant run it on level 9 with my fuel system, big turbo, and all the other stuff. Get twin turbos, twin CP3's, a FASS or Airdog fuel system, intake and exhaust and add a Smarty to the TST and you can get as much power as you want. Or can afford.

Some advice I got when I first went crazy on mine.

GAUGES ARE THE FISRT MOD. If you dont know you are cooking your motor or trans, or running low fuel pressure, you can cause way more damage than you want to pay for. Add any box and you have no warranty. Even if you send it in with everything removed, they will test the injecton to make sure it isnt overfueling, if its not, they will know you had something on it and void your warranty.

If you are running an auto, after gauges the next mods are torque converter and valvebody. Otherwise its lots of $$$ for a tranny. Going up 100hp can destroy the tranny with ease. If you are going for over 500hp to the wheels, get a full Suncoast built trans. At least get a hardened imput shaft and more frictions and drives in your trans. Up the power and you have no warranty on the trans. Dealer claims that it was only built to hold stock power, and thats it, thus if you put an airfilter on it, they can refuse to pay for it. Sucks but thats why I didnt go auto. And a $20k trans can blow up too. Seen it, even just helped a friend put his 3rd Allison in his Chevy, and he started with a built trans.

www.dieseltruckworld.com
    www.dodgetruckworld.com (has diesel forums)
    www.dieselbombers.com
    www.thedieselgarage.com

Try these to get started. There are some pay sites as well that are great. Look around and ask guys who build these for a living.
    1991 Liberator 19' 2.5 Merc

Light, fast single seater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER DOWN RACING View Post
    put a blower on it and some glass packs, bitch will haull ass ...
    That's some funny stuff right there!!!

Tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after reading as much as I can before my eyes started watering looking at the computer screen and thats how I decided to buy the 5.9. Its a 2007 but there wasnt many of them floating around with that motor. The 6.7 has been having all kinds of problems for people and I just wanted to buy something that was a sure thing as far as the technology goes. I had a 4" MBRP exhaust put on it and a 5" tip. It sounds great and really helped on just give the motor a little less lag time. I am getting a AFE stage 2 intake for it on monday so Im excited to see how the pair will go together. I guess next thing to do is add some gauges to make sure I am not going to burn this thing up So far so good on the truck. I have enjoyed driving the first 500 miles with it this week!!!!

The chip issue is making me a little nervous as far as adding it while I still have 35,500 miles in the warranty.... I dont want to void it or f&(k it up in any way....

21 Hydraskiff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you do the exhaust? It had a 4" from the factory. All you had to do was put a muffler and a tip on it.
    1991 Liberator 19' 2.5 Merc

Light, fast single seater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the muffler that made the difference. It was wide open rather than the stock, which was closed. The intake should make the biggest difference and from there I am going to put custom leather in the truck which will help me because I spend so much time behind the wheel......"Run On sentence....Says my wife" Nacho Libre

21 Hydraskiff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Forum has some great info
    http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/
    I have an 06 2500, Its been a great truck except for the interior if you have cloth(buying leather soon). The truck comes with a 4" exhaust so just cut the cat and muffler off and weld in some 4" pipe! as for chips/programmers 1st I tried the quad(not quick enough) then the smarty and the Bulldog, both great and fast just went with the Bulldog for the money. Have fun with the truck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David, if you want real horsepower and mileage gains you need to put on the Edge Juicew/attitude and K/N Filter Charger. The muffler helps, but once you get the Edge the truck comes alive. Don't worry about the tranny, you just can not hammer on it. Lightly modify the truck and you will have no problems. I am on my 3rd Cummins and have not had a problem besides A/Cs. Is your 4X4 or 2x4, my 4x4 is getting 18 MPG with 35' tires and these mods.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck has the AFE Stage II Intake and wow did that make this truck come alive. I can wat to do the chip but still afraid of voiding the warranty. I love the was the edge looks and has what seems to be a real user friendly menu. But I hear it leaves a big footprint in cmputer system....

My truck is a 4x2 and has a 1,000 miles on it and the A/C is already starting to act up. The A/C stops blowing cold when the tuck is at ideal.

21 Hydraskiff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast