Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation ripped off on ebay

i "won" an ebay auction for an aquacraft top speed 2 on 2/28/07. sent a usps mo same day. requested ship date and tracking #. no response until 3/15. said he was offshore, apologized and would ship that day and send tracking info. no response after that. e mailed 2 more times. opened a dispute for item not received on 3/30. on 4/09 he climed to have been offshore for a month, and would ship right away. still nothing. no boat, no more responses either. after waiting for (what i thought) a reasonable lenght of time, i reported him to ebay security. the post office says he cashed the mo on 3/07, and by not providing goods or services paid for with a usps mo, has committed mail fraud. so now i am pressing charges. have sent emails to him informing him of my intentions before every move. doesn't seem to matter. his ebay id is pvsupply. i got his contact info from ebay. all they had for a name was paul g. in loranger, la. if anybody sees him trying to sell a top speed 2 (no motor), please let me know. i say he's a RIPOFF-don't deal with him.

AIRWALK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update

this clown emailed me yesterday, asking for my shipping address. it's on ebay, i sent it with the money order, and in emails about payment. and then only after another month of no response to emails and phone calls. my last email stated that i had spoke to the federal prosecutor and civil court in la., and would have him arrested and sue by fri. 5/12. i'm not holding my breath, but still hoping.

AIRWALK
    Last edited by moparbarn; 05-11-2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: change dates

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear, but glad you did the USPS money order thing. Postal inspector can bring some fed weight, makes it easier to prosecute. I always send USPS M.O. by USPS with delivery confirmation, so once it leaves my hands it is in theirs... if things go bad, I give it to them to nail the S.O.B. Hope it works out in the end for ya.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up usps mo

the only way to pay. have a paper trail and legal backup. even though most federal prosecution seems to result in less time than state sentencing, the phrase 'federal charges' seems to put the fear in 'em. i see ya looking around here, where's your little boat, fish?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay Ripoff

That sux, I hope you get your just dues. Did you contact EBay? I have bought 157 items off Ebay, from complete boats to motors, most I was 100% happy with, but I dealt with Climatemaster, aka Charles Eberhardt from SC a non paying member and free advertiser on here and I got the worst screwing as of yet, on a $1,000.00 cash deal When I learn how to post the pictures of the "$500.00 bare heads" you will LYAO. At 'The deal of the century" on a Alpha 1 for my 24' SUPERBOAT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I had a guy in Ohio rip me on a Corvette front valence panel. I'd paid with USPS money order, sent registered mail with a delivery receipt. When I paid for them he had 54 positive responses, no negatives. Within several weeks he had about 10 negatives. I contacted detective burea in Toledo. They said I'd have to come sign a warrant in person. (that's how dirtballs get by with it........... no real threat). I filed a complaint with USPS Postal Inspector. Got confirmation but no follow up. Filed follow up to complaint, still nothing. I also filed charges with FBI internet fraud. About same as USPS. I finally got another detective in Toledo who advised me to file a complaint with my local police dept, who would foward it to Ohio. Meanwhile, I'm calling and harrassing the seller based on contact info from E Bay. E Bay refused to suspend him, even though there were about a dozen similar problems. My part was a little over 300 bucks. A year goes by and suddenly the seller sends me a PM and wants to send me the part. Oh yeah, meanwhile, he sold it 2 more times on E Bay, and each time I contacted the buyers and told them that I'd paid for it previously. It was a rare and virtually impossible piece to find, long since NLA from GM. Anyhow, about a year later I get this E from the seller who's listing a bunch of personal problems and wants to make it right. I don't know which, if any agency ever contacted him, but I finally got the piece about 14 months after the original purchase, and was glad to get it. Several months after that a detective from Toledo called and wanted to know the status of the case, so I told him it was resolved. Something in the system got in behind the guy, and got him to send me the part, but the system is backlogged with internet fraud and it doesn't happen quick. Good luck with getting it.

Even though PayPal really sux from some aspects, I generally don't buy anything now unless I REALLY WANT IT BAD from anybody who doesn't take PP.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats why i only use paypal..... Ill be puting my local hobby shop site on here in oct. Have fun all you rc guys.

Blazer VLX150 w/ 225 Johnyrude
    Hydrostream Viper (sold)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0OA6oxZoTg
    Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An e-bay scam I haven't seen till recently. Son orders some fishing stuff from an e-bay seller. Uses pay pal. We get the stuff, think all is ok. Later, cabellas sends us a bill for the tackle. I guess the seller drop shipped to us from cabellas and used a phony/stolen credit card to pay them. They had no way to get their money and wanted us to pay or send back stuff. We called cabellas said no way, we paid, and contacted pay pal telling them the deal and have never heard from anyone since. Some people are just plain crooked.....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

9. Thanks CDave thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only buy if the seller has 100 percent feedback and takes paypal. I only sell to people who have feedback that's positive. I still run into issues from time to time.