Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation ripped off on ebay

i "won" an ebay auction for an aquacraft top speed 2 on 2/28/07. sent a usps mo same day. requested ship date and tracking #. no response until 3/15. said he was offshore, apologized and would ship that day and send tracking info. no response after that. e mailed 2 more times. opened a dispute for item not received on 3/30. on 4/09 he climed to have been offshore for a month, and would ship right away. still nothing. no boat, no more responses either. after waiting for (what i thought) a reasonable lenght of time, i reported him to ebay security. the post office says he cashed the mo on 3/07, and by not providing goods or services paid for with a usps mo, has committed mail fraud. so now i am pressing charges. have sent emails to him informing him of my intentions before every move. doesn't seem to matter. his ebay id is pvsupply. i got his contact info from ebay. all they had for a name was paul g. in loranger, la. if anybody sees him trying to sell a top speed 2 (no motor), please let me know. i say he's a RIPOFF-don't deal with him.

AIRWALK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update

this clown emailed me yesterday, asking for my shipping address. it's on ebay, i sent it with the money order, and in emails about payment. and then only after another month of no response to emails and phone calls. my last email stated that i had spoke to the federal prosecutor and civil court in la., and would have him arrested and sue by fri. 5/12. i'm not holding my breath, but still hoping.

AIRWALK
    Last edited by moparbarn; 05-11-2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: change dates

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear, but glad you did the USPS money order thing. Postal inspector can bring some fed weight, makes it easier to prosecute. I always send USPS M.O. by USPS with delivery confirmation, so once it leaves my hands it is in theirs... if things go bad, I give it to them to nail the S.O.B. Hope it works out in the end for ya.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up usps mo

the only way to pay. have a paper trail and legal backup. even though most federal prosecution seems to result in less time than state sentencing, the phrase 'federal charges' seems to put the fear in 'em. i see ya looking around here, where's your little boat, fish?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay Ripoff

That sux, I hope you get your just dues. Did you contact EBay? I have bought 157 items off Ebay, from complete boats to motors, most I was 100% happy with, but I dealt with Climatemaster, aka Charles Eberhardt from SC a non paying member and free advertiser on here and I got the worst screwing as of yet, on a $1,000.00 cash deal When I learn how to post the pictures of the "$500.00 bare heads" you will LYAO. At 'The deal of the century" on a Alpha 1 for my 24' SUPERBOAT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I had a guy in Ohio rip me on a Corvette front valence panel. I'd paid with USPS money order, sent registered mail with a delivery receipt. When I paid for them he had 54 positive responses, no negatives. Within several weeks he had about 10 negatives. I contacted detective burea in Toledo. They said I'd have to come sign a warrant in person. (that's how dirtballs get by with it........... no real threat). I filed a complaint with USPS Postal Inspector. Got confirmation but no follow up. Filed follow up to complaint, still nothing. I also filed charges with FBI internet fraud. About same as USPS. I finally got another detective in Toledo who advised me to file a complaint with my local police dept, who would foward it to Ohio. Meanwhile, I'm calling and harrassing the seller based on contact info from E Bay. E Bay refused to suspend him, even though there were about a dozen similar problems. My part was a little over 300 bucks. A year goes by and suddenly the seller sends me a PM and wants to send me the part. Oh yeah, meanwhile, he sold it 2 more times on E Bay, and each time I contacted the buyers and told them that I'd paid for it previously. It was a rare and virtually impossible piece to find, long since NLA from GM. Anyhow, about a year later I get this E from the seller who's listing a bunch of personal problems and wants to make it right. I don't know which, if any agency ever contacted him, but I finally got the piece about 14 months after the original purchase, and was glad to get it. Several months after that a detective from Toledo called and wanted to know the status of the case, so I told him it was resolved. Something in the system got in behind the guy, and got him to send me the part, but the system is backlogged with internet fraud and it doesn't happen quick. Good luck with getting it.

Even though PayPal really sux from some aspects, I generally don't buy anything now unless I REALLY WANT IT BAD from anybody who doesn't take PP.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruster View Post
    Had you paid with Paypal you would have your money or whatever you bought. File a claim with Paypal, the money comes out of the sellers account and it becomes the responsibility of the seller to provide proof (tracking number going to you) they shipped to you. If the seller dosen't comply in a set time, the $ go back to your account. When are you guys going to learn?
    That's true, but in my case the seller wouldn't take PP. A lot of people don't. I was looking at some parts today on E Bay and the guy had over 400 feedbacks, 100% positive, and had right in his description in big red letters: Attention, I do not take pay pal. Cashier's check or money order only.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruster View Post
    Had you paid with Paypal you would have your money or whatever you bought. File a claim with Paypal, the money comes out of the sellers account and it becomes the responsibility of the seller to provide proof (tracking number going to you) they shipped to you. If the seller dosen't comply in a set time, the $ go back to your account. When are you guys going to learn?
    had my paypal account hacked into twice in 1 year. both times, ebay notified me about 'account descrepancies'. i had to tell paypal, they didn't have a clue! both times. yes, they reimbursed me my money, but why didn't they know? thank goodness ebay watches out! after that paypal can go take a hike. my credit card # WILL NOT go on the internet again. have had no trouble dealing with the authorities about this. federal prosecutor in la. is willing to send copies of complaint to sign. just need to notarize and have witnessed by an officer of the law. the civil suit can be filed long distance, also. guess different states have different laws about it. i don't beleive anybody has contacted him, just my threats, cuz i haven't signed anything, YET. btw, his full name is paul v. girard from loranger, la.

AIRWALK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hackers

didn't take anything you said as harsh. specific and direct, not harsh. first time i was hacked was with juno, understandable, they don't have much protection. second time was with aol, avg, and ad-aware personal (anti spyware and firewall). like i said, ebay told me. when i contacted pay pal, they were unaware of any problem with my account. my pass word is only around 10 digits, alpha numeric gibberish. no bdays, address', car vin's. i try to be smart on line, my passwords are different for every site-11 of the freakin' things. i just don't trust the internet's level of security. the hackers are just as smart and as well equiped as ibm or microsoft. security is only as permanent as the tecnology. unfortunately, technology is very shortlived as new or current. i will shop and find items online, but i will mail a usps mo to an individual, or call a business with a cc #. call me old school, but i feel safer. i still remember using an abacus in 3rd grade at miami shores elem. , so these transistorized gizmos scare me

AIRWALK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone interested....

passwords to hackers are like locks to burglars; There probably is not one that either cannot get past if they want to badly enough, but since most hackers and burglars are lazy, they go for what is easy/low risk if getting caught, and tend to move on from something that is too much work.

With passwords, as mentioned above, do not use words that can be found in dictionaries or in common language. Why? because there are dictionary programs that will within second scroll through each word to see if it finds a match on your password. There are other ways to hack, but this is a pretty simple one.

The best passwords are long, contain a combo of alpha, numeric, and caps. The easiest way to do a strong password is to make up your own acronym by taking the first letter (or second letter of each word, to be trickier ) . All you have to do is remember the phrase, and decide what pattern will have a cap (like every third word or something you choose). the phrase is easy to remember but you are the only one who knows what it means
    Example:

Password- Icrt19yohBi2001Iu2t

I Can Remember This 19 Year Old Hottie Back in 2001 I used 2 tap.

Password- 10oo10RwRhaM115TaE225BtaF

10 out of 10 racers would rather have a merc 115 than a evinrude 225 because they are faster.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moparbarn View Post
    had my paypal account hacked into twice in 1 year. both times, ebay notified me about 'account descrepancies'. i had to tell paypal, they didn't have a clue! both times. yes, they reimbursed me my money, but why didn't they know? thank goodness ebay watches out! after that paypal can go take a hike. my credit card # WILL NOT go on the internet again. have had no trouble dealing with the authorities about this. federal prosecutor in la. is willing to send copies of complaint to sign. just need to notarize and have witnessed by an officer of the law. the civil suit can be filed long distance, also. guess different states have different laws about it. i don't beleive anybody has contacted him, just my threats, cuz i haven't signed anything, YET. btw, his full name is paul v. girard from loranger, la.

AIRWALK

Not sure if you know, but everyday there is a new scam for ebay, paypal. bidpay, all of em. Most of them always catch unsuspecting people who are "clickers" (by this i mean a box pops up, you already hit yes and typed something in without ever REALLY looking at it). Its hard to say what the scam "is", because its always different. It is always something that does however require you to enter a password, which is what gives that "hacker" your identity with control over whatever you had control over with said setup. Do not ever sign in to one of these type deals as if you read your agreements on ebay,paypal,bidpay,etc. they will NEVER ask you for anything through email, or whatnot. This is why you must provide them with a valid Phone Number

Ive also spent thousands of dollars through ebay and paypal without any problems. My family all together has probably spent over 100,000 on stuff going through ebay and paypal, with no issues.

Its sad to say, but im not sure you were really "hacked into" persay, more so you fell into a trap and "gave" it to them.

Seaducer Boats Gen2 Cat - CC Racing ProMod 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moparbarn View Post
    like i said, ebay told me. when i contacted pay pal, they were unaware of any problem with my account.
    That wasn't Ebay, it was a phish-job scammer posing as Ebay sending look-alike Emails. That's how yur account got hijacked. Probably the same way each time. It sends a legit-lookinjg e-mail, says there's a problem, and says "click here." Then it takes you to a fake login page.

I recently got a virus that halted Windows and indicated a licensing issue, and needed to verify my Microsoft billing info. YEAH RIGHT. The virus was difficult to get rid of.

There's an entire underground industry dedicated to learning how to rip people off, and another industry dedicated to stopping them. Geniuses vs geniuses. One always can turn around and get the upper hand, it's a game. The mind is a powerful tool, but unfortunately not everyone uses their power for good...
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    That wasn't Ebay, it was a phish-job scammer posing as Ebay sending look-alike Emails. That's how yur account got hijacked. Probably the same way each time. It sends a legit-lookinjg e-mail, says there's a problem, and says "click here." Then it takes you to a fake login page.
    BINGO!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paypal is the first thing I check on an auction,before feedback. If the seller doesn't take Paypal I move on to someone who does.

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,coated in bubble gum,stuffed in a turducken. Δx Δp ≥ ℏ/2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.clean View Post
    Paypal is the first thing I check on an auction,before feedback. If the seller doesn't take Paypal I move on to someone who does.
    yep. You are more prone to being ripped off by sending a MO then through Paypal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast