Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe old style but one guy I knew had a glasstron jet, looked just like the james bond boat but was bigger of course. Motor was all covered and the thing was in really nice shape with a ford 460 in it. He said it ran 60mph. It was just a cool, clean boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    225hcca, If I get the jet, I will more than likely trade it for 300xs outboard, or maybe a nice v-drive. Im not that much of a jet guy. V-drive would be awsome because I just happen to have a 813bbc with a 14/71 just waiting for a twin screw v-drive. Prop walks too bad with a single screw. And anyone who gets in my boat with me is nuts. My second seat is held in place with a rachet strap. LOL, it takes balls or a low IQ to ride there. For some reason, most of my friends will ride in it, and from what their women say, it aint balls they got.

sho305, there are some real nice older Glastron jets. CV20 CV21 and CV 23 and fairly common. They had an 18' jet with a small block too I think. CV21 Intimidator is one to take a look at. That package is somewhat rare, but came with through hull exhaust, and the tips match the lines of the boat. Hard to find a nice one under 30K though.
    1991 Liberator 19' 2.5 Merc

Light, fast single seater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    225hcca, If I get the jet, I will more than likely trade it for 300xs outboard, or maybe a nice v-drive. Im not that much of a jet guy. V-drive would be awsome because I just happen to have a 813bbc with a 14/71 just waiting for a twin screw v-drive. Prop walks too bad with a single screw. And anyone who gets in my boat with me is nuts. My second seat is held in place with a rachet strap. LOL, it takes balls or a low IQ to ride there. For some reason, most of my friends will ride in it, and from what their women say, it aint balls they got.

sho305, there are some real nice older Glastron jets. CV20 CV21 and CV 23 and fairly common. They had an 18' jet with a small block too I think. CV21 Intimidator is one to take a look at. That package is somewhat rare, but came with through hull exhaust, and the tips match the lines of the boat. Hard to find a nice one under 30K though.
    I CAN IMAGINE THAT ONCE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED SPEED LIKE YOU CAN GET FROM A GOOD OUTBOARD A JET SEEMS SOME WHAT BORING. I REMEMBER MY FIRST RIDE IN A FAST BOAT... IT WAS A MIDDLE 70'S HYDROSTREAM V KING. 200HP BLACKMAX MERC. I REMEMBER WATCHING THE SPEEDO PEG AND FINALLY THE TACH PEG. I REMEMBER THE RUSH OF THE SPEED AND OUT OF CONTROL MADNESS, I WAS HOOKED.

I DISCOVERED JETS MANY YEARS LATER AND IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. THE FIRST ONE I TEST DROVE WAS A 79 SLEEKCRAFT, 460 BBF, OVER THE TRANSOM HEADERS, ARR!! ARR!! ARR!! ARR!!! 23 YEARS AFTER THE RIDE IN THE HYDROSTREAM I BOUGHT A JETBOAT. AT 40 YRS OLD AND WITH 6 CHILDREN TO FEED 60 MPH IS FAST ENOUGH... BUT DEEP DOWN IN THE DEPTHS OF MY BRAIN I STILL REMEMBER THAT ONE GLORIOUS RIDE IN A HYDROSTREAM V KING....---225HCCA
    Last edited by 225hcca; 05-09-2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: SPELLING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 225hcca View Post
    I CAN IMAGINE THAT ONCE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED SPEED LIKE YOU CAN GET FROM A GOOD OUTBOARD A JET SEEMS SOME WHAT BORING. I REMEMBER MY FIRST RIDE IN A FAST BOAT... IT WAS A MIDDLE 70'S HYDROSTREAM V KING. 200HP BLACKMAX MERC. I REMEMBER WATCHING THE SPEEDO PEG AND FINALLY THE TACH PEG. I REMEMBER THE RUSH OF THE SPEED AND OUT OF CONTROL MADNESS, I WAS HOOKED.

I DISCOVERED JETS MANY YEARS LATER AND IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. THE FIRST ONE I TEST DROVE WAS A 79 SLEEKCRAFT, 460 BBF, OVER THE TRANSOM HEADERS, ARR!! ARR!! ARR!! ARR!!! 23 YEARS AFTER THE RIDE IN THE HYDROSTREAM I BOUGHT A JETBOAT. AT 40 YRS OLD AND WITH 6 CHILDREN TO FEED 60 MPH IS FAST ENOUGH... BUT DEEP DOWN IN THE DEPTHS OF MY BRAIN I STILL REMEMBER THAT ONE GLORIOUS RIDE IN A HYDROSTREAM V KING....---225HCCA
    Ive always been a small block guy when it came to cars. Boats, I started with a BBC in a v-drive. Didnt launch worth a crap, so I built a decent 540bb for it, added an 8/71 and a 300hp spray. Then, I learned about prop walk. Awsome boat, but I have gotten into 2-strokes again. Last year I got my hands on a Honda 250cc GP bike. 250 v-twin 2-stroke making over 100hp. That was a blast. Best set up racebike I have ever been on. Because of that, I have been all over smokers again. When it comes to boats, I hate having to winterise an i/o or inboard. Outboards are easy. Great power, easy to work on, and who doesnt love the smell of a 2-stroke, or the scream of one at 7,000+rpm? Now, a big block running 7k+ is a sight to behold, and the sound is no less awsome, but just gotten to be of less intrest to me. Now, I whoop bb cars with my diesel, so I dont have the same respect for them that I did. After my Liberator is 100% where I want it, I want to build a diesel v-drive. Err, anyone know where I can get 200% overdrive gears for a v-drive? Bet I could school some boats, and use less than 10 galons of fuel in a whole day. LOL, that would be a sight. I can get more than 1500hp out of a 12-valve Cummins, and spin it to 5 or 6000rpm. That might just work..... LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=225hcca;1103429]I CAN IMAGINE THAT ONCE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED SPEED LIKE YOU CAN GET FROM A GOOD OUTBOARD A JET SEEMS SOME WHAT BORING. I REMEMBER MY FIRST RIDE IN A FAST BOAT... IT WAS A MIDDLE 70'S HYDROSTREAM V KING. 200HP BLACKMAX MERC. I REMEMBER WATCHING THE SPEEDO PEG AND FINALLY THE TACH PEG. I REMEMBER THE RUSH OF THE SPEED AND OUT OF CONTROL MADNESS, I WAS HOOKED.

that would be the reason I own the Valero I have..... FRICKEN INSANITY!!!!! ITS AWESOME!!! and with a 260 it will only be EVEN MORE BAD ASS!!!

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am planning on a Hydrostream next. Maybe a 17 footer, and way more motor than it needs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive always been a small block guy when it came to cars. Boats, I started with a BBC in a v-drive. Didnt launch worth a crap, so I built a decent 540bb for it, added an 8/71 and a 300hp spray. Then, I learned about prop walk. Awsome boat, but I have gotten into 2-strokes again. Last year I got my hands on a Honda 250cc GP bike. 250 v-twin 2-stroke making over 100hp. That was a blast. Best set up racebike I have ever been on. Because of that, I have been all over smokers again. When it comes to boats, I hate having to winterise an i/o or inboard. Outboards are easy. Great power, easy to work on, and who doesnt love the smell of a 2-stroke, or the scream of one at 7,000+rpm? Now, a big block running 7k+ is a sight to behold, and the sound is no less awsome, but just gotten to be of less intrest to me. Now, I whoop bb cars with my diesel, so I dont have the same respect for them that I did. After my Liberator is 100% where I want it, I want to build a diesel v-drive. Err, anyone know where I can get 200% overdrive gears for a v-drive? Bet I could school some boats, and use less than 10 galons of fuel in a whole day. LOL, that would be a sight. I can get more than 1500hp out of a 12-valve Cummins, and spin it to 5 or 6000rpm. That might just work..... LOL
    i've often wondered about the usefulness of deisel motors in high performance boats. The Ford Powerstroke motor has been of particular interest. Keep me posted I'd like to know if you get this one off the ground.---225hcca

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've often wondered about the usefulness of deisel motors in high performance boats. The Ford Powerstroke motor has been of particular interest. Keep me posted I'd like to know if you get this one off the ground.---225hcca
    marinized cummins are better... but for marine its hard to beat a styre... 4200 rpm... 700lbs... v-12 under 1200 lbs... 600+ hp...

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta be a Cummins. I wouldnt do a Powerstroke because it doesnt handle high HP #'s or high RPM like a Cummins. I do think a little v-drive with a Cummins would be fun. I just might have to make it happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuel prices

don't have a big boat now. sold it when i moved from fl. to va. . so i play with rc tunnels to scratch the itch a little. $3.00 a gal? try $30.00 a gallon for my fuel. yeah, it lasts longer, but damn. i can still burn a gallon in 2 afternoons. only running .21 cid. but i get 1.3 hp at 30,000 rpm. it only runs about 45 mph, but that's screaming when it's only 27" long. won't catch fish, or get me laid, but it's still fun-ain't that what it all about? don't think that because rc boats are small, that they're just toys. look up the speed record- somewhere close to 140 mph!

AIRWALK
    Last edited by moparbarn; 05-10-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: more to say

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta be a Cummings. I wouldn't do a Powerstroke because it doesnt handle high HP #'s or high RPM like a Cummins. I do think a little v-drive with a Cummins would be fun. I just might have to make it happen.
    What about the aluminum Detroit diesal....I saw one at the drags it was in an old C 10 chevy truck thing was bad azz........... big power, high Rpm, and a two stroke to boot!!!
    These motors from what I understand where used in some tanks???? the 2 old men running it where pretty secretive about it???
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    I'd slam my d*** in a car door before I'd comment on this thread.
    This almost beats cheesey!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I understand it, that thing is very hard to obtain. Even harder to afford. I was talking production motors in the same vehicle they left the factory in. I can make a ford or a chevy (duramax or the old 6.2/6.5) turn crazy rpm's and make insane power, but they need $$$ built cranks and rods. Cummins on the other hand, can handle anything that has been given to them. There is a 400,000 mile truck that with a healthy spray of go-go juice will top 2000hp. He's probably running 1200-1400 in daily driver mode. Quite a few people who are 600hp+ with more than half a million miles. Stock bottom end in a Cummins will take 6000rpm too. Granted, I dont know as much about the other diesels, two of my good friends have a Duramax and a powerstroke, and neither can hang with me. I have $5k in my truck. Both of them have more than $30k in theirs. Our driving skills are close, but they are running auto's and I have a stick. That should put me at a disadvantage. Both say their next truck will be a Cummins. Neither truck tows very well, overheats and high egt's. But the Chevy did that from the factory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to have a good knowledge of deisel motors, what is the deal with this low sulfur / green deisel fuel coming out? I have a V10 Excursion so it's a non issue for me at this time but down the road who knows.---225hcca

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

detroits

Quote Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
    What about the aluminum Detroit diesal....I saw one at the drags it was in an old C 10 chevy truck thing was bad azz........... big power, high Rpm, and a two stroke to boot!!!
    These motors from what I understand where used in some tanks???? the 2 old men running it where pretty secretive about it???
    the two stroke/high speed detroits are good motors, as long as you get the injector rail &vavle adj synched up. injectors are under the valve cover and the valves have to adj. correctly for the injectors to be able to be set up properly. they share some of the same 'linkage'. can be made to run very strong, and are supercharged too. i don't know about tanks, but they are still produced in marine versions-no conversion needed.

AIRWALK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to have a good knowledge of deisel motors, what is the deal with this low sulfur / green deisel fuel coming out? I have a V10 Excursion so it's a non issue for me at this time but down the road who knows.---225hcca

Are you talking about the new Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel? Most vehicles dont seem to have any problems with it, my own truck runs great on it. I just throw a quart of 2-stroke oil in the tank every other fill up. Lots of guys recomend it because the sulfur was a lube for the lift pump and injector pump. You can spend money of additives, or buy the cheap quicksilver 2-stroke oil. One bottle in 30+ gal isnt really noticeable, but does the job. Some guys run tranny fluid, some run marvel mystery oil, but it all seems to work the same.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast