Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwerwagn View Post
    Nah, if I actually buy a clutch, Im gonna support Peter. He has been tremendously helpful with me when talking clutches. He also spends a significant amout of time online answering questions and helping people out, which means a lot. (Same goes for you Keith...).
    His new spring'd dual disc's are awesome. I'll pay the extra money to support an entirely american company (Peter refuses to use any material/product not assembled here in america).

In all honesty, Im probably gonna screw the 5-speed and put an auto in it. Prolly a full billet goerends or DTT.
    I should be getting my new HTT turbo next week... we'll see how long the luk lasts now.

--Jeff
    I tried to deal with southbend, but after a few calls and being put on hold untill I hung up (45+ min once) I just gave up. But that was a year ago. My clutch (kinda) hung on for a while so I let it go. When I started again a few months ago, same thing. Started talking to a guy named Matt Gilmore and decided to try Haisleys. Hopefully I will be slapping on twin turbo's (my 66 as a small) twin CP3's, firerings, stage 3 head job, injectors, cam, valves and springs and another Programer. Already have TST and EZ, so I will stack a Smarty with it. Replace my FASS with an Airdog and I should be good to go. No matter what, it will be a quick truck.

For the supposedly 2000hp truck, its full interior with cold a/c. It back halved, but he still runs hot shot with it. Airbags added to the coil overs on the 4-link, and its the heaviest 4-link Ive ever seen. Just looks like a beat up flat bed though. And he's over 800,000 miles on it.
    1991 Liberator 19' 2.5 Merc

Light, fast single seater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you believed this guy? 800k miles, runs hot shot towing with it and 2000hp?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my friends knows him and backs him up. I know he turns the pumps down for the street. Nothing insane, twin turbo, twin injector pumps, headwork, the normal. Then lots of spray.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you get pics???
    2001 Carrera 257 Effect X with twin 300 Promax's
    1985 Centurion Tunnel with 1988 2.4 200hp Chrome Bore, stock for now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be johnny come lately - I read some articals about building drag diesels, Cummins in particular and to make that big power they lighten the rotating assembly so the will rev over 6000 rpm. Any one know how that affects street drivability and durabilty?? I currently have a 02 2500 Dodge CTD that dynos at 508 hp and over 1100 lb/ft torque.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im looking at buying a 05 Ram with a cummings, whats a good recipe for 500-600HP out of one of these, I was thinking along the lines of the BD power Twin turbo kit, cooler, exhuast and fuel mods, it's that going down the right path?

No one has played with one of these in New Zealand so info is really limited..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge Juice/Attitude stacked with an Edge EZ, modded injectors, pusher pump, airbox, exhaust and a turbo upgrade should put you in the low to mid 500's. Driveability will still be there as well as fuel mileage. Any more than that and it starts going downhill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perfect, thats sounds exactly what I want, I still need it to be able to tow my boat, and don't want a track only monster.

What spec turbo, and were is the best place to buy all this stuff?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are in Canada, call DTT (Diesel Transmission Technology)...they have the skinny on the parts. 604-504-4002.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    04.5 and newer have a 4" exhaust, so all you want to do there is add a high flow muffler, or straight pipe it. Use a FASS or Airdog lift pump, Edge EZ box and a TST. A good air filter and you are set. You can get a TST with the gauges built in, or run seperate gauges. The Common Rail Cummins spool up big turbo's better than the older trucks, so you can save money and run a large single turbo over a set of twins. Im running a HTB2/66 (Sledpuller 66) and it spools pretty quick. When I go twins, Im keeping the 66 as a small turbo. But, if you are running an automatic transmission, you will have to put some money into it to handle that power. I tow 20,000+ lbs with mine with no problem, and havent found a hill yet that I have to downshift for. You can also use a Smarty box if you are running a large single turbo. It makes great power down low, and spools big turbos even faster. There are lots of diesel sites to get info from, just do a search.

Oh yea, Its a Cummins, not a Cummings. Some people get mad if you dont even know the name of the motor in your truck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you beef the trans (upgraded valve body) and get a good converter, my buddy has an 05 and put in one of the Edge computers and the stock converter just slips when you put power to it then the computer takes away power. Don't get too carried away with big injectors - it has to be balanced or you will get exhaust gas temps that are too high if you hammer on it for more than a quarter mile pass. Any one in Minnesota area I can hook you up with Tim at Holmberg Diesel Performance and he can put together a power package for you (recommendations and the order to do them in.) Also for the newer (04 +) there are some 5 inch and bigger exhaust systems that sound and perform good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5" is a waste. Stock pipe, no muffler, no cat. She gets a little loud sometimes, but I just crank up the tunes. Have seen dyno runs of 1000+hp diesel trucks that are full 4" systems. I saw one guy swap to a 5" and the only change was a loss of 17ft. lbs. of torque. Not much, but something. 5 runs and it was 14-19 ft lbs down every time. Swapped back, ran again, it came back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it worth getting the new 6.7L or should I look for a new 5.9?

Also whats the new 6 speed auto like durability wise.

I don't tow a huge amount of weight, maybe a max of 7000lbs every once in a while.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear the 6.7's dont get near the fuel milage. Still dont know about reliability yet. Also, have no idea what you can do to them performance wise. They also have to pass emissions tests here, and the old ones didnt. Ive had people tell me that they cant even do a full exhaust on the new 6.7. But, I dont own one, thus I havent looked into them much. Personaly, I would get a 5.9 because they have proven themselves over the years. I know at least 60 people with over a million miles on 5.9's. Cant say that about the 6.7 yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fair enough, I figured they were pretty loaded with emissions crap. I saw on you tube, edge had one on a dyno and pulled an extra 100hp at the wheels out of it on stage 5. was 380hp at the wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFoMAKIszzw

still a 6 speed auto has it's appeal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast