Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My cummins on the dyno, 546hp 1188 ft-lbs..

Here is a vid of my 98 12V cummins tow vehicle on the dyno. It made 546hp, 1188 ft-lbs of torque. Running 45lbs of boost in that particular video...

http://video.competitiondiesel.com/v...fc00e23f26.htm

Jeff
    2001 Carrera 257 Effect X with twin 300 Promax's
    1985 Centurion Tunnel with 1988 2.4 200hp Chrome Bore, stock for now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good running Dodge there. My 05 CR is running 602 and 1247. Get the heads o-ringed, throw some head studs on it, twin turbos, and get that thing in the 1000's. Should have mine over 1000hp withing a few months. Oh, with meth and NO2, I should be over 1500hp. Im really going to be playing with some tuned Vipers this year.
    1991 Liberator 19' 2.5 Merc

Light, fast single seater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing what a Cummins can make. I remember back to 2000 when a 300rwhp truck was just "insane". Now, 500hp is commonplace. 4WD & Offroad did this piece on my truck back in 2004: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpa...mmins_upgrade/

Since then, even more power is achieveable.

I believe the current top dog dyno number for a 3rd gen is 1186hp with a lot of nitrous. I know a 12v just went 1216rwhp last weekend at DDP dyno day. I've seen more, but that's classified info.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a guy around here who is running a 89 Dodge, 24 valve converted to the 12 valve p-pump. Supposed to be making over 2000hp. Ive seen that truck do wheels up launches, even with over a ton of motor in the front of the truck. But that thing also has stupid amounts of money in it. Big #'s are coming from these trucks now, and my goal is to be at the top, even if its not for long. Its just so rewarding to stomp a Vette or Viper, or those pesky imports. Knowing you did this in a truck that can tow anything you hook it to, and live a million miles, and knock down 27mpg on the freeway is just so rewarding. As soon as Cummins makes an outboard turbo diesel, Im buying it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that article Keith. I also remember all the vids of your guy's white truck running 13's, I thought that was nuts. Now its common place. I saw on TDR yesterday about the 1100+ hp 3rd gen. Thats nuts.
    I've seen more, but that's classified info
    Thats what joe tell me all the time. he uses the word censored a LOT!!

My problem now is the clutch. I skimped out when I got it from Joe D, I got the luk instead of the SB. Now the luk slips. Oh well, Joe tried to tell me. I was getting married like 3 days after I got the clutch, so I skimped.

There is a guy around here who is running a 89 Dodge, 24 valve converted to the 12 valve p-pump. Supposed to be making over 2000hp. Ive seen that truck do wheels up launches, even with over a ton of motor in the front of the truck.
    got any pics?? I hear of ctd's pulling the wheels all the time, but never ever seen a pic. Why would he have a 24V in a first gen, and then put a P-pump on it?? did he do the 12v head too?

-Jeff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    There is a guy around here who is running a 89 Dodge, 24 valve converted to the 12 valve p-pump. Supposed to be making over 2000hp. Ive seen that truck do wheels up launches, even with over a ton of motor in the front of the truck. But that thing also has stupid amounts of money in it. Big #'s are coming from these trucks now, and my goal is to be at the top, even if its not for long. Its just so rewarding to stomp a Vette or Viper, or those pesky imports. Knowing you did this in a truck that can tow anything you hook it to, and live a million miles, and knock down 27mpg on the freeway is just so rewarding. As soon as Cummins makes an outboard turbo diesel, Im buying it.
    2000hp? I'd LOVE to see a dyno sheet...until then I'd be calling BS. So is this a drag truck or a standard old 89 1st gen? 2000hp should put it in the 6's. Haven't heard about this guy. And these motors are just over 1/2 ton, not over 1 ton.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwerwagn View Post
    I remember that article Keith. I also remember all the vids of your guy's white truck running 13's, I thought that was nuts. Now its common place.
    That truck went high 11's in the end back in May of 02, but we had no intention of putting a cage in it, so that's where it's development stopped.

Thats what joe tells me all the time. he uses the word censored a LOT!!
    Good, he doesn't need to breach his confidentiality contract.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STV_Keith View Post
    2000hp? I'd LOVE to see a dyno sheet...until then I'd be calling BS. So is this a drag truck or a standard old 89 1st gen? 2000hp should put it in the 6's. Haven't heard about this guy. And these motors are just over 1/2 ton, not over 1 ton.
    I watched him run a 5.8 at Kennedale. One pass, and asked to leave because no cage. Now its back halved, caged and running scary fast. I dont know if it has been dynoed, but it runs like its making big power. He says when all the bugs are worked out he will be making some races. As of now, he is low key.

Pwerwagn, have you looked into Haisley clutches? Cheaper than southbend, but their dual disk shifts way faster. It is made for drag racing. Its what Im getting for mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5.8 in the 1/8 I assume? That's a mid 9 second pass in the 1/4, and we've done that with 750hp in a stripped down drag truck. 2000hp would be in the 3's to the 1/8 and 6's in the 1/4.

Good luck to him though...it's tougher when you start making big power.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got any vids of this 2K truck, or a timeslip? Even a pic? Is it just a 24V block with a p-pump? or does it run a 12V head and all?
    Good, he doesn't need to breach his confidentiality contract
    LOL, thats funny. But no, Joe is very professional when talking trucks, even around friends. He was pretty ticked at our nmtdr dyno day a few weeks ago, when I found a split #6 injector line on his truck just before he was going to dyno. Killed his dreams for the days highest hp...
    Pwerwagn, have you looked into Haisley clutches? Cheaper than southbend, but their dual disk shifts way faster. It is made for drag racing. Its what Im getting for mine.
    Nah, if I actually buy a clutch, Im gonna support Peter. He has been tremendously helpful with me when talking clutches. He also spends a significant amout of time online answering questions and helping people out, which means a lot. (Same goes for you Keith...).
    His new spring'd dual disc's are awesome. I'll pay the extra money to support an entirely american company (Peter refuses to use any material/product not assembled here in america).

In all honesty, Im probably gonna screw the 5-speed and put an auto in it. Prolly a full billet goerends or DTT.
    I should be getting my new HTT turbo next week... we'll see how long the luk lasts now.

--Jeff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wouldnt happen to be Greg Hogue your thinking of would it?? cause im sure ole comp belives he can run 6's....
    Just kinda ironic the Dr P truck is in texas, where you are from.

--Jeff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wouldnt happen to be Greg Hogue your thinking of would it?? cause im sure ole comp belives he can run 6's....
    Just kinda ironic the Dr P truck is in texas, where you are from.

--Jeff
    Can't be Jeff, that's a Dakota, not a 89 Ram.
    Keith-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, I just found it ironic.....

BTW, I was reading some crap the other day and found this on the NHRA website, thought you'd get a kick out of it:
    The truck is a former Pro Stock Truck chassis owned by Dr. Barry Sadler of Dr. Performance, who specializes in aftermarket diesel performance add-ons. To prove the value of their products, the truck is powered by a 200,000-mile 'wrecking yard' Cummins Turbo Diesel engine out of a '98 Dodge Dually with no modifications other than the Dr. Performance fuel injectors. Last weekend at the Drag Truck Wars in Tucson, Ariz., the truck ran a best of 9.92 seconds at 131 mph, making it the quickest automotive diesel powered truck in the world.
    Hogue, a firefighter from Aledo, Texas, a veteran Competition Eliminator driver, feels that the truck will not only be different, but competitive in NHRA's 10.90 index Super Street category.
    I almost died laughing when I read that BS.

--Jeff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That must have been a few years ago. I know when I saw that truck at SEMA in 04, I was amazed it went at all. What a hack job. Hell, even the motor wasn't straight in the chassis!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was nov 03. I found it hilarious that they belived a 200,000 motor with nothing more than a set of injectors would run sub 10's. Sure...
    Whatever floats their boat.

Im curious to see how the whole Banks Type R d-max thing goes with comp at the helm.

--Jeff

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast