Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 16ft Superboat, opinions!

I am looking to get a 16 superboat center console, any comments, what power should be used, I am thinking 115 ficht or a 175 johnson 60degree, how fast and any other ideas on this boat. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 16 CC for about 18 years, powered with a 4 cylinder Merc (mid 70's 85hp and then a mid 80's 75hp) - It ran around 48-50mph with those engines and 5 inches of setback. I had buddies with inline 6 Mercs, 115 and 150hp - the 115 ran in the mid 50's, the 150 ran low 60's - at around 60 is where you need dual cable steering and solid mounts

As far as the hull, make sure the bottom is cored, mine wasn't when it was new, and it split at the edge of the pad under the CC, and also split under the bow seat after two years of heavy use - John C at Superboat cored the bottom and the bow area and I never had a problem after that.

It's a good boat for fishing/skiing/running around, but more then 4 adults and you'll wish for something bigger. I used mine all over Peconic Bay and LI Sound, made a lot of trips between LI and CT and CT to Block Island.
    Last edited by activator22; 05-02-2002 at 11:52 AM.