Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently just ordered a brand new aluminum tandem axel trailer with brakes on both axles(torsion). I want an effective yet easy lock to take off. Dont want to fuss around every time i need to move the trailer.
    BOATLESS & LOOKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The square chain and a quality lock like a Cisa or Abloy are the best way to go with a trailer with brakes. "Some" wheels will permit you to run the chain through the spokes and around the frame, some won't. The ones that won't you need to fasten the chain to something solid.. Some of the folks here chain the boat to something solid and unhook the winch strap... Just please remember to unhook the chain before ya leave for the lake

Saraland, Alabama!! Just North of Mobile!!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you lock your boat up, you'd better chain it to a tree. Around Mobile, thieves will steal that boat with that wheel lock EASY. They use a set of "Tow Dollys"...it lifts the axle completely off the ground within two minutes. I'm not sure if this method is common around all of you...but we have some "high tech" criminals around here. Heck, they steal $40,000 rigs all the time. If you put a tongue lock, they lay a welded piece of channel with coupler just below your locked tongue, and use u-bolts, and away they go with your rig. The only ones they CAN'T take are chained to trees, poles, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2