Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercury 3.4 l Formula EFI Outboard

I consider myself lucky to find a beautiful Apache 10 meter Warrior with twin 3.4 formula EFI outboards. Did some engine repair, took off the speedmaster 14.5 x 24 props (was chewing exhaust since its conception in 1983!) and installed some 14.5 x 22 correct props (center exhaust) and went for my maiden voyage Nov. 30, 2006 on good ole lake Erie. Other than the trim gauge being reversed (thought it was going to roll over as soon as it went on plane!) I had a great first experience. Had a GPS with me that showed 49mph at 4K. Didn't dare to go any higher because I had pump gas in her and thats what the previous owners problem was, lots of detonation.

My question is, Is there any EFI buffs out there that can come up with some good recommendations other than "buy new motors, saying it politely!"

I want to know things like: Reshape combustion chamber to this volume and that deck height and this squish width. or You should tweek this or that, reprogram the blackbox, make this modification, remove this rev limiter wire, etc.

Hope to have a lot of fun this summer with the new toy and hope everyone is going to do the same!

I own a small Marina in Rocky River, OH called Rocky River Bridge Docks and there always a free visitor dock waiting for you if you mention you saw this on Scream and Fly! We have a starter site up at www.bridgedocks.com (Now just parts and accessories since closing the marina in 2014) An e-mail I can be reached at is rick@accu-mix.com

Hope to hear from you, about visitor questions and mainly how to keep my engine covers on all year!

Rick Merhar 1-440-356-1202
    Last edited by rdmerhar; 12-25-2017 at 03:46 AM. Reason: New phone number, main closing date and spelling corrections