Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim...

What are you looking at or coming up with the question from?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second Effort Motors...

...sounds like you've got an old Second Effort catalog....I had to throw mine out years ago from drool stains on the pics of the race motors I couldn't afford. Plus, once they went out of business I lost interest.
    Doug

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If im not mistaken, I have the limited edition engine. Its a great motor, 1995 v8 300 and currently getting modded to around 330 or 350. It really is a monster. Theres a pic in my av.
    BOATLESS & LOOKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly they were stock engines with the light weight louvered cowling, suppose to of had slighlty milled heads broucher called it "Limited Edition Heads", the airbox had what they called airbox spacers and a Bobs machine shop low water pickup on the gearcase. Some of the earlier ones came with the lower pans cut to accept side arm steering and I know that they with steel reeds. If you wanted additional mods other than the standard Limited Edition you could special order it that way also. I can't say they ran any better than a stock 3.6 GT of XP but the cowlings looked good.
    Joel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a great motor once ya get it tuned in. Until then.... ull be making weekly stops to your mechanic. Everyweekend i used my boat, i was in the shop the following monday. I swear to god i only saw this boat on the weekend. Rest of the week it was at the shop. If im not mistaken though, all the limited editions have the metallic color which is no longer made. I just replaced my lowerunit/housing myself and had to special order the paint. Its a great engine, ya just have to have the money to invest in it.
    BOATLESS & LOOKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limited Edition and Second Effor are 2 different things. Second Effort was a performance shop that did mods. The Limited Edition was a factory thing, all the V8s were Limited Editions
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea & if I remember correctly Second effort went out of business in about '92.
    I hate to loose more than I love to win.

Keep your damn America hatin' Nobama votin' COMMIE HANDS off my guns

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODVP22
    Limited Edition and Second Effor are 2 different things. Second Effort was a performance shop that did mods. The Limited Edition was a factory thing, all the V8s were Limited Editions

Second effort did make the limited editions and later on OMC did them. Second Effort was no longer in biz.

A Second Effort race V8 is not a limited edition however.

All the V8s were not limited editions. It was an option from second efforrt. The V8s came in 250 hp, 275 hp and 300 hp. You could get the 275 and the 300 in limited editions. The limited editions could mean any number of things but ussually it just meant a light cowling and tighter heads.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was the exhaust snout part of the limited edition package ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, It was standard on all 20" mids. It was not available for the 25" mids but Second Effort did have a bolt on snout for the longer mid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neveredge
    Second effort did make the limited editions and later on OMC did them. Second Effort was no longer in biz.

A Second Effort race V8 is not a limited edition however.

All the V8s were not limited editions. It was an option from second efforrt. The V8s came in 250 hp, 275 hp and 300 hp. You could get the 275 and the 300 in limited editions. The limited editions could mean any number of things but ussually it just meant a light cowling and tighter heads.
    not quite, the boat that Mastercraft241 has is my old boat, got it brand new with the motor brand new, and it was a 300 V8 GT Limited Edition. There was nothing special about that engine, from the factory. It was a 1993 and the sleeves were actually twisted in the block to de-tune it, it barely produced 280hp out of the box.
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not quite, the boat that Mastercraft241 has is my old boat, got it brand new with the motor brand new, and it was a 300 V8 GT Limited Edition. There was nothing special about that engine, from the factory. It was a 1993 and the sleeves were actually twisted in the block to de-tune it, it barely produced 280hp out of the box.
    TRUE.

Lord help us.
    racemore01@comcast.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what you are getting at? Did you actually read what I wrote? The 300s could be or could not be a limited edition, and it could be from Second Effort or it could be from the factory. The limited editions from the factory were really nothing but a sticker. The Second Effort motors could have a wide range of things done to them, but most often it was just heads and light cowling. The light cowling was an option and was not even standard on the limited edition.

280 HP is about what the 300GTs made at the prop. They never did make much more unless you got a MOD motor from Second Effort. Some of these made 385 HP on race fuel.

As for the sleeves being twisted, I would get that fixed. The bridges could overheat if they aren't lined up properly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my oldest Land and Sea catalogue there is a page with stock dyno horsepower numbers for Johnnyrude, mercury and yamaha. The stock 3.6 GT and XP showed at the crank to be 320HP. They also showed ratings for bolt on parts hp increases plus ported motor hp ratings,...plus the ratings for there johnnyrude big bore conversion kits. On the V8 it was going from a 3.6 to a 4.7 liter converstion. The hp on a 4.7 litre drag race ported motor at the crank was 435hp. River race was I think 420hp. all at the crank.
    I know I still have the Land and Sea it is here somewhere,..I use to have several Second Effort cataloges but cannot find them.
    Joel

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast