Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh what a feeling...I think I'm gonna Puke!

Geez where to start, there is so much japaganda out there, you need waders to sort it all out! My current favorite is the big seesaw ad for the tundra. They fail to mention that the Silverado stops over ten feet shorter, with our little brake rotors. They need those huge rotors to stop that huge POS. People get so excited at the Japanese when they open a factory here. They are great for driving down the cost of labor. In our industrial park, which is comprised of over 50 companies, most foreign at that. The average hire in time is about 18 months. That is 18 months of working for a temp agency, with no health insurance, to become eligible to hire in. Thats over a year working next to guys making 15 per hour, just for a chance to get in to the company. The companies do provide local jobs that help our local economy, however all of the company profit heads right out of the country. In addition 48% of toyotas are still imported from Japan. I sell chevy's for a living, our products are the best hands down. In my entire driving career, I have only owned Chevrolets. Toyota and the rest can all go home, as far as I am concerned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkinhead View Post
    japaganda
    awesome new word.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned Chev after Chev. Never had a major problem.

We've had S10's, Sierras, Silverados, C10's, Blazers, Envoys you name it. We haven't dropped an engine or tranny yet.

I'll stick with my GM trucks thank you very much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a hypothetical (or prophetic) question: Now that Mercedes owns the Dodge trucks, how is that different from buying a Toyota truck? Let's see:

German owned, Canada built, Dodge truck.
    Japanese owned, American built, Toyota truck.

Wait, which one is more American? Or less?

Ok, next: When Toyota buys GM and Honda buys Ford, which truck brand will we be buying then?

In other words, does it really matter whether you buy an American Toyota built truck, built by American workers on American soil in Princeton Indiana, or you buy a Chevy branded Avalanche built in Mexico by Mexican workers? I did both. Felt kinda the same really............................
    Nothing fast right now
    My URL
    Checkmate boats message forum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH, and another thing:

My 2003 150 Johnson is a BRP product. Canadian owned, American built. Am I a bad guy for choosing a boat with a 'foriegn' brand of motor??????

Another case of American workers building on American soil a 'foriegn' brand. Same as Toyota and Honda, EH? Would I feel better buying a Mercury if it was built in China?
    Nothing fast right now
    My URL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JW View Post
    Here's a hypothetical (or prophetic) question: Now that Mercedes owns the Dodge trucks, how is that different from buying a Toyota truck? Let's see:

German owned, Canada built, Dodge truck.
    Japanese owned, American built, Toyota truck.

Wait, which one is more American? Or less?

Ok, next: When Toyota buys GM and Honda buys Ford, which truck brand will we be buying then?

In other words, does it really matter whether you buy an American Toyota built truck, built by American workers on American soil in Princeton Indiana, or you buy a Chevy branded Avalanche built in Mexico by Mexican workers? I did both. Felt kinda the same really............................

It's not where the cars are made. It's where the profits go. Need I explain that to you? In Japan business is war. In case you haven't noticed we are not winning. Every Toyota, Honda etc is another economic casualty to the well being of all Americans. Be proud when you climb in that Toyota knowing you cost another American a job......
    Bruster's Mercury solid motor mounts, details here:
    http://www.powercatboat.com/Bruster/Bruster.html
    I'm been living in fast forward, now I need to rewind real slow....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruster View Post
    It's not where the cars are made. It's where the profits go. Need I explain that to you? In Japan business is war. In case you haven't noticed we are not winning. Every Toyota, Honda etc is another economic casualty to the well being of all Americans. Be proud when you climb in that Toyota knowing you cost another American a job......
    Bruster, now think about this. The Japanese have replaced many of the lost American jobs as they've built plants in AMERICA employing AMERICAN workers, while your beloved GM has killed off AMERICAN jobs by building vehicles in Canada and Mexico. Sorry buddy, but I'll support the AMERICAN worker and his family before I'll support a foreign worker. The profit on a vehicle IS NOT all there is to a vehicle. You aren't thinking about the guy or gal that's building it, and supporting his/her local economy with his/her wages. I think you've got it backwards when you say buying a Princeton Indiana Toyota is costing an American job, when an American built it.

Answer me this: How does buying my Mexican made Chevy Avalanche save an American auto worker job?
    Last edited by JW; 04-08-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Nothing fast right now
    My URL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruster, now think about this. The Japanese have replaced many of the lost American jobs as they've built plants in AMERICA employing AMERICAN workers, while your beloved GM has killed off AMERICAN jobs by building vehicles in Canada and Mexico. Sorry buddy, but I'll support the AMERICAN worker and his family before I'll support a foreign worker. The profit on a vehicle IS NOT all there is to a vehicle. You aren't thinking about the guy or gal that's building it, and supporting his/her local economy with his/her wages. I think you've got it backwards when you say buying a is costing an American job, when an American built it.

Answer me this: How does buying my Mexican made Chevy Avalanche save an American auto worker job?
    Same shallow answer everyone that buys a foreign car uses. Does that come in the U.S. version of the owner's manual? or is that what they tell you in the showroom?
    Now tell me where all the profits go? Beyond the wages that the Princeton Indiana Toyota facility pays the money stops flowing in to the U.S. real fast. EVERYTHING the Japanese do in America is focused about bringing as much money back to Japan as they possibly can. No exceptions. Exploit every opportunity.
    Your "wages" story is what you believe, you're a member a whole group of "sheep" that contend buying a foreign car in America is in the best interest our country, or at the very least not a detriment. Again business in Japan is war. We are losing..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still didn't answer my question.

How does buying my Mexican made Chevy Avalanche save an American auto worker job?

Shallow answer you say, informed answer everyone else says..................
    Nothing fast right now
    My URL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does buying my Mexican made Chevy Avalanche save an American auto worker job?

.....everyone else, oh, you mean the informed sheep with blinders who refuse to see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shallow answer to everyone who has half a brain...

do you have any clue about the way things are assembled in the auto industry? because most of that truck is assembled and cast in the us, and the profits go back to GM, a US company. Keep buying that Japanese garbage and MORE JOBS will need to be shipped out of country to keep the price point low enough to turn a profit.

"baa baa" whats that? its the sound of sheep selling out US manufacturing jobs one car at a time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Chevy VS Toyota

Who cares.............the new Chevy 1500-3500 body "style" looks like a Toyota anyway !! Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Scott!! Just make sure nobody buys a new BRP Johnson/Evinrude, all those American workers sending profits back to Canada....
    Last edited by JW; 04-10-2007 at 06:33 PM.
    Nothing fast right now
    My URL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys,

Up here Toyota (in Canada) anything costs way more than a GM anything. And the financing on Toyotas is sick.

So for me, there is no way I'm going to lease a Toyota Tundra for $700 Plus a month when I can get a GM for $550 loaded.

Personally, I just don't see the attraction of Toyota anything. I don't like the way they look and I don't buy the argument that they're more reliable. I've had too many GM trucks over the years that never had a serious warranty claim to convince me otherwise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as always, gilmore is on crack and now JW agrees. I guess if you cant beat them, make fun of them on non-tangible points.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast