Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Port

haha Port has allways been that to most. Mt Washinton has 282cm base today. That was probably the only year like that. I can remember 700cm bases up there wow! Did you go to Sprout Lake Riverman. Thats the only thing Port has to offer. Great lake home of the biggest water bombers on earth.Cameron Lake on the way to Port is nice to but cold thats the one just before Cathedral Grove were those big ass ceaders are and the highway winds beside it. James

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was in 80-81. I saw Sproat Lake but did not boat on it. I remember Cameron too, but I remember it being small, I may be wrong. I know Sproat isn't small with those Martin Mars on there. Never did see one fly.

The fellow I lived with was a sailor. He had a 36 cedar schooner at Schooner Cove and a small open sailboat in the chuck in town. We had a lot of fun in that little boat, I remember the water was bright purple in places behind the pulp mill!

The focus in those days was not boats, it was chicks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Port

Its orange now! Ya cameron is a mile to mile and a half long. They had those Mars out quite a bit in the last two years with the big forest fires around. 81 thats when I graduated I used to go to port to play junuior hackey lots played for the Nan clippers. 83-84 my skipper had an old wood trawler morred at Deep bay I deck handed for a couple of seasons.After that went to Port Hardy and got married and moved to Prince George in 87!! I sure miss the Island up hear the winters are so cold ya just wait for the ice to came off on Aplril 19 every year that sucks!Im going to retire back on the Island for sure sooner or latter. Keep my Allison for skiing and get a 25ft Concept with twin 300s for fishing in the chuck or something like that. James

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whipper

Thank you very much for that great post!
    I'm in a real quandry here. I am meeting with managers tomorrow who are expecting me to tell them what's going on. It's rush situation based on the number of storm claims out there and they really need me (or someone) to go.
    I'm a single 36 yr. old without any kids but am really tight w/ family here.

It's gorgeous on the Island and would be an awesome gig, even if it was just for a couple of years. I've never had a decision this tough in my life!!

Two months free accomodations, free car rental for two months w/ gas, and then a flight home to move me out there.

I haven't a flippin clue what to do. My summers here are pretty much ideal with a cottage etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not a decision man, get your head out of your ass! New friends, boating connections, Little Qualicum Falls, Schooner Cove, the frikken' weather? You've got everything to gain. What you have in River City will be here at the end of a phone line. For cripes sake, Mt. Washington has a 300cm base right now!

What should we do today? Water ski, golf, sled, deep sea fish, fly fish, fast boat, sailbote, snowboard, what, can't decide?????

So decide. I rest my case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough call

The weather in that area is pretty decent (certainly relative to where you are right now !), and the boating is damn good. Remember boating is an 8+ month activity out here in Lotusland.

I'm agonizing over a similar move, but the opposite direction (BC to Sarnia), and a similar living situation - tough calls to make !

Good luck,

Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up boz

36 and singal! you dont know me and I dont know you. Ill tell you a story.When I was 23 I was thinking about moving with my girl friend to were Im at right now, Prince George. She had already moved up hear and I was flying up every couple of weeks to visit. I was at a family gathering and a rich uncle of mine said to me James I have been around the world several times and I can aford to live any were in the world I please.I have yet to find anywere as great a place to be than right hear on Vancouver Island. I never forgot that and probably never will.I comuted for 2 years before leaving to Prince George to be with my now wife of 18 years. We got married on the Island though.I to this day not regret being with my wife but for ever leaving the Island. That was the biggest mistake of my life. I am happy hear dont get me wrong but I know the quality of live I had on the island cant be had anywere else that I have ever been since.My wife works for the airlines so we travel a lot and every year we go to the Island with the kids and spend a month doing all the things I used to do and every day is something differant.Look at it as an adventure you realy like was said have nothing to loose only gain.Trust me on this you may feel the safety zone were your at but once your settled in on the Island you will relish things that you never thought possable.The people are soooo great their and cottage country, well thats the whole entire Island is cottage country! I would quit my job and sell my Allison to go back to a good job on the Island if my wife and I could boath do it together and have the same pay as we do hear in a heart beat! I will be be back soon though freedom 52 at the latest.Dont over think it, its a opportunity you may never get again for the rest of your life. Ask your boss for a two year deal with the option of staying if things work out for the best.That way go threw two years of seasons and realy get a feel for the life style.Then you can decide after that were you would rather be.I truly believe it will be no contest. James
    Last edited by whipper; 02-14-2007 at 02:43 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy..................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whipper and I have spoken. We've both been there, we know. Do it ya big homo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2