Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummmmmmmm Mr Lewis must be a Sleekcraft dealer not a builder. I think he did said something about the molds being in the USA. He also told me that at one point in time the two brothers who run Swift trucking company were wanting to buy the molds. Let us know what you find out if you call him. As a Sleek owner you may enjoy talking to him about the boats
    86 Checkmate Enticer 6' jack plate hyd-steering 2.0 merc cowl vents low water scoops laser II floor stringers vinyl gauges and wiring all new (BOAT IS SOLD) 78 CVX20 Jet Project in the works BBC conversion. SML SUPERJETS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Al,

Make me an offer on that one.
    It's just sittin in the garage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American Sleek, owned by some one from Swift trucking (one of the brothers). First boats built in there yard on Broadway in Phoenix, by Mike Burns. Mike Burns formally of Shaka boats. Molds for the boat pictured are a dime a dozen. And as I recall Conquest did a good splash job of one of the East Coasts tunnel race hulls. One of the APBA race boats, I forget which one it was. The molds (sleek molds) were shipped to Havasu in hopes to keep several companies afloat, Magic being one of them. A bunch of funny stuff going on in Havasu back in the early to mid 90's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

willysnut1959

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but was following your discussion about who is building the old Sleekcraft Aristocrat and SST hulls. I'm thoroughly confused about who is building them. Is it Roy Lewis, Conquest Boats, Finneys Plastics, or American Sleek?

I once owed (and now regret selling) a 20' Sleekcraft Aristocrat modified tunnel with BBC and Gale Banks twin turbo chargers, running a Berkley pump with jetavator. I really liked that boat. I have purchased a similar Sleekcraft OB hull with intent to convert to jet drive, but would be interested in purchasing a new one. Any information on who to contact or leads on a Aristrocrat jet in good condition would be appreciated.

I currently restoring a 78 Glastron Carlson CVX 23 with 400 SBC and Mercruiser IO for the family boat. Previous jet boats included a 1973 Sidewinder with Olds 455 and Berkeley jet; and a 1976 Sleekcraft Rebel with Ford 460 and Berkeley jet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by micker54
    Big Al,

Make me an offer on that one.
    It's just sittin in the garage.
    What boat are we talking about?
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

willysnut1959

The boat that I would like to buy is a 20' Sleekcraft Aristrocrat with modified tunnel hull and jet drive. The OB version of this boat doesn't cut the mustard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outboards will walk over jets all day long. And on less fuel. Not to mention the 4' of interior space that the stinking chevy and pump take up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but they got that tinny sound, terrible lines, high cost, no curb appeal, and I don't know how to work on them. Since I presently have all three (OB, IO, and jet) I know what I like.

Although there wasn't much competion on the lake that I frequented, the only boat to beat my turbo'd Sleekcraft was a Hydrostream with 2.5 Merc. Even then he waited until I had a few beers, let the water calm down, and unloaded his boat.

I used to enjoy the first trip to the lake in the spring and listen to you OB guys trying to get your clamp-on started. They'd cranked for hours. All I had to do was look at the ignition switch (on a manly motor) and the thing would roar to life, making children run and women scream. Our women get goose bumps at the boat drags when an inboard makes a pass. The only response when an OB makes his pass was "start it up".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup and you take a hard long turn, and the oil goes to one side and POW. Don't tell me it doesn't happen because it does. And when the header starts to burn that gasket out and the valve cover and oil pan start to leak. Oh yea I want an inboard. And to run as fast as an outboard you need to pump up the ponies, a bunch. I've built boats for myself and several other Custom Builders. Yes they cost more, but after five years the old chevy has given up. Now it's time for a rebuild $$$$$$$$. The outboard?? Still running after ten years. This is true, so true. Don't bring your boat to the Parker Strip, you will be eaten alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Kurtis Kraft.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra1racer
    Yup and you take a hard long turn, and the oil goes to one side and POW. Don't tell me it doesn't happen because it does. And when the header starts to burn that gasket out and the valve cover and oil pan start to leak. Oh yea I want an inboard. And to run as fast as an outboard you need to pump up the ponies, a bunch. I've built boats for myself and several other Custom Builders. Yes they cost more, but after five years the old chevy has given up. Now it's time for a rebuild $$$$$$$$. The outboard?? Still running after ten years. This is true, so true. Don't bring your boat to the Parker Strip, you will be eaten alive.
    i got ten years on my olds may not be the fastest but i have seen some fast wackers get their butts honed before by a jet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hee Hee Hee - I love it - wacker vs Jet

Wackers are faster most of the time.
    Wackers coat less to run most of the time.
    Big block jet boats are COOLER all of the time.
    Any questions
    Last edited by WICKEDRISTER; 01-16-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link To a Cool Jet Boat Vid Lake Anna Va 2006-Enjoy

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta Love The Jet Boats

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDRISTER
    Nice video, the boat parked in front of the camera man is the kind I am interested in. The Yellow and Grey. That style.

O by the way, MUSIC SUCKED IN THE VIDEO!
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast