Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A TVR! I thought my taste was eclectic.

Actually one of my friends has a pair of TVRs. Neither is roadworthy, but he has all winter to work on that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 80752194_1.jpg  
    20 SHADOW 300+ V8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raceman
    I think my top choice would be a Ferrari. It'd be a tough choice between the F40 and the Enzo. I've driven a friend's F40 thousands of miles and have never been in an Enzo, but to this point the F40 is by far the most awsome car I've ever been around.

Number 2 would probably be a ZL1 Camaro. My friend Hank Hogan owned one when he was 16 and I've always been envious of that car. It's very possibly the pinacle of the GM line as far as old stuff goes, tied only by the '67 L88 Corvette. One of my other stupid decisions was the fact that I had a chance to buy Hogan's car in the early 80's for about 3 thousand bucks in a pretty sad condition after it'd changed hands a couple of times. It had tons of documentation, including a letter of authenticity from Vince Piggins with GM and the phone number of the person who had the original ZL1 motor from it at the time. Like an idiot, I passed on it in favor of an LS6 El Camino and a ragged 69 435 Corvette that the same guy was sellin. I ended up dumpin' the Corvette later when I decided it wasn't worth the effort, but the ZL1 which could've been bought for the same price was long gone. It is now in the Milton Robson collection in N. Georgia which is featured sometimes on Dream Car Garage on Speed, and is probably close to a million dollar car in today's crazy market.

Number 3 would be a Hemi something............... preferably a '68 Roadrunner sedan, red/black interior, 4 speed. In the late 80's I was building a new house and somehow it made sense to sell a couple of my old cars to lessen the amount of money I was borrowing. The market was fairly flat on cars at the time and I dumped 2 for about what I had in em. One was a '68 4 speed Hemi GTX. It was a super original car, but a boring color combination.....kind of an olive green with green vinyl top and two tone green interior. The other was a 67 500 Shelby Mustang (what in the hell was I thinking??) Several years later I had the opportunity to buy the Shelby back, and of course did and will never sell it again, but the Hemi GTX is long gone. Last I knew of it, it was in the Vollo Auto Museum in Illinois, but he's more of a dealer than a museum, so there's no tellin' where it ended up. In spite of the color I would LOVE to have it back because of the originality and local history.

6 months ago a 63 1/2 427 Galaxie would've been somewhere on the list, but I found the one I've been looking for for 30 years. (red/red and unmolested for anybody that didn't see the "proud poppa" pictures I posted)

Actually I flop back and forth in obsessions between old cars and boat stuff. Right now I've got the worst case of old car obsession I've ever had.

(neat topic Billy )
    Hey Raceman,
    I go to Volo every once in a while. (its a great thing to do on rainy days) The point of my post is...I went there about 3-4 monthe ago and noticed a green GTX Hemi car in there. I have no idea if it was yours or not, but if you want me to check it out let me know. I don't remember the asking price either. Later, Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested in knowing. If Jay still has it after all these years (late 80's) it's probably gold plated by now. It'd still be nice to know where it is. I'd buy it back in a flash if the price was anywhere near real market value, instead of Barrett Jackson type hysteria.

My car was green with green vinyl top and two tone green interior. It had green wheels with dog dish hubcaps and redlines last time I saw it. It was a 4 speed with original shifter too. Damn nice car................ what was I thinkin'?????????
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested in knowing. If Jay still has it after all these years (late 80's) it's probably gold plated by now. It'd still be nice to know where it is. I'd buy it back in a flash if the price was anywhere near real market value, instead of Barrett Jackson type hysteria.

My car was green with green vinyl top and two tone green interior. It had green wheels with dog dish hubcaps and redlines last time I saw it. It was a 4 speed with original shifter too. Damn nice car................ what was I thinkin'?????????
    As soon as I have time, I'll check it out for ya. At least thats what my wife is going to be told. She hates when I go there! I'll get back to ya, later, Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old classics

For those that Know. ATS GTS or Montrovinnis HAI. The first is an Italian special with a V8 dohc cica 1964. The Hai is a 1970 mid engine swiss car with a 426 Hemi that could Blow away any red car........ only ONE made worth more than Superman. Third runner up is a Pegaso French 1950s super car. Fouth runner is Jenson HFF 4by4 with a mopar ....0to100 back to stop in 15 seconds......in the wet.... 1964.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dream Cars

I would have to say my top 3 would be

#1 1970 Hemi Cuda (my dad had one when I was a kid and to this day that is still my dream car)
    #2 Ferrari 360 modena
    #3 1968 Camaro( which I currently own.)
    20VULTURE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re: Dave S's choices. All very interesting.

I knew that Phil Hill raced ATS in F1 after winning the world championship for Ferrari, but I did not know that ATS had made any road cars. Thanks.

On the other hand, I can spell Monteverdi I thought that car was pretty cool back in the day.

Funny French cars? you got me. Do you have any links to a website where we could see one?

Jensons? Never as good looking as an E Type or an Aston from the same era, and no racing heritage. A good choice, but not mine for an English car of that era. And I like English cars a lot more than most people. I even own one.

In truth, my current rides are all right. A Miata for a daily driver. Nothing is more fun for the money. Its possible if I had something faster I would lose my license. I have a Lotus Elan Plus 2 for sunny days in the summer.

What are old DCX muscle cars like to drive? I imagine all the steering feel, brakes, and sloppy handling of my dad's old Monaco, but with a lot more power.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old cars

I used to read old Road and Track Mags from the 50s60s into the 70s after then it got boring with Jap crap. The Monteverdi Hai {thanks for spelling} was a rear HEMI engin show car where most Montis were front engine 440 cars. Think of it as a 426 in a nicer pantara.The Jenson was a test bed for fergison that raced with 4 wheel drive. Hence the HFF in the name. Old Mopars are poor drivers but part of history......forsure. I have a friend that says it leaks, don't start, don't handle, don't stop.......But we still like EM. The car Phil Hill raced was a ATS GTS in race trim I think. It was rear engine V8 small cid. Had real nice lines for the times. The Pegaso was a 1950s car with sohc or dohc V8 and torsion bars on all 4. Ahead of it's time. The thing I like about these cars over the new dream cars is most people don't know what they are. And you don't stop at a traffic light and ya see 2 others when you stop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting the picture of the Plus 2. Mine is all white. I have a model on my desk in the colours posted. For the pictured car, the silver roof was in the gelcoat and the rest of the body was painted.

I already don't have any problems seeing other Plus 2's at traffic lights. For today I will amend my list to include a street legal Lotus 11. So my three cars are now the Elise, the XI, and the big Lexus. I could even tow the 11 with the Lexus when the 11 broke, which could be often.

The front engine Monteverdi's looked a lot like the Maserati Ghibli, which was a great looking car. The Hai was more original.

I've been thinking a lot about fast enough and for both boats and cars, there is fast enough for me. One of the best parts about the Miata is that it is fun to drive slow. It turns out I have to drive slow most of the time. We have traffic, and speed limits.

For boats, I definately don't want to go really fast. I think over 100 is capsule territory. I've ridden in boats that fast, its fun, but I don't want one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My two dream cars.

-----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dream car would be a car where I could take my girl as long as we are comfortable. But I really like the design of Honda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pictures 988.jpg   pictures 1015.jpg   pictures 974.jpg  

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,coated in bubble gum,stuffed in a turducken. Δx Δp ≥ ℏ/2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The Grand Sport doesn't surprise me, and the Baldwin Motion Corvette doesn't either, but the AAR Cuda????????
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Grand Sport doesn't surprise me, and the Baldwin Motion Corvette doesn't either, but the AAR Cuda????????
    Been a MOPAR man since birth something about hugging corners in a sexy purple Cuda puts a smile on my face.

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,coated in bubble gum,stuffed in a turducken. Δx Δp ≥ ℏ/2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast