Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave Packer - Hawaiian........I believe this boat is still in a museum in Rome NY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DavePacker-Hawaiian.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	471956

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...welcome to s & f bug4dad. sounds like you were a bit involved with the lifestyle back then, like a lot of us here were. good times. we all enjoy the conversation...
    Quote Originally Posted by bug4dad View Post
    A guy in Hawaii by the name of Hiram Fong Jr ran a 21' Molinari twin he that he converted to an injected V8 and a Mercruiser racing stern drive. Big yellow thing. Fast when it ran but they had so much trouble getting the thing to run I only saw a few good races with it. I wish I had some pics of that boat. Really looked cool. Typical Molinari it rode bow high. At the time Dave Packer was running the fastest tunnel outboards in Hawaii. Some of you really old guys may have known him or heard of him. He was a regular at Havasu back in the day. Hiram and Dave had a few good match races. A high school kid, Steven Soon had a single Merc stacker on a Kober tunnel that had some great races with Dave also. The single vs the twin. Good days way back when!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's his number. I don't remember that boat though. I know he loved powerboat racing. And beautiful women! Saw him flip a twin Merc Carlson in Kaneohe bay. Totally destroyed a boat named Twin Sin at Keehi lagoon, we called it sand island. An all wood twin tunnel. Ran a twin Mccall for a bit. He brought the first Kober Kat to hawaii and sold it to Water Ski Champ Kenny White. He was instrumental in getting kober cats and later Crusader tunnels to Hawaii. At one point we had races once a month. Had a monster Ron Jones wood behemoth with a single run by the Brockmans. They upgraded to a Crusader tunnel after a year. I stopped following right around the time the Twister 2 came out. I guess my hey day was the stacker era and the C6. It was so long ago! I'm in my mid 60's now so it's a bit cloudy! You ever see a mod done on a Kober Kat? This great guy, Glen Wakamatsu cut about 2' of the inside rear of the each sponson and inverted the edge. Made that Kat turn like no tomorrow. He ran a single McCall with a Johnson V4 with those 4 big twin throat carbs! Thanks for the info about Dave's boat being in Rome. I'll be cruising up that way shortly and I'll make it a point to hunt that museum down.

4. Likes Mark75H liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread...….How fast? my wife got a ride in Tripps boat...….with Stomming norman……...most here don't know him....He did cartwheels at Nicks dryland ….. With a 30 foot hoster/in the building......nuf to say Crazzy…...ran the see weed...… with 80 merc 140 v4 stranger... then 200 omc……..Know how to drive A Molly......Ya......So he Took my wife for a ride......So fast..... she couldn't breath......The blue boat.....Trim up...….but not tooo much.....Trips never got the trim rite,,,,,,too much GIVE in the gimble.... JMO...Hoppin at 90..... I passed....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I passed ….. scared......seen to many boats flip.....went for a ride ….. 1969 merc fastback......454 in the front seat...….heads in the trunk.....65 mph...…..dropped it off went to buy parts...….came out.... car pulled to the side...... Steering? Broke the spindle.....If it happened at 65 MPH......toast......1969 merc spindles..... na.…..1973 ya..... bigger....same as and fit.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat 79, KT Jag, Parker '88..JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	186.6 KB