Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard you had some track troubles. Where do you get parts for one of those?

BTW...I'm not doubting the SRX speed...
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Sunday in 1000' The new Mach Z,T-cats,Big Bore F7 With NOS,Full mod700 Srx where all running from 85-99mph!

Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems little slow for those sleds unless the temp was 50' F. My old 98 mach 1 700 tripple will run 107mph consistantly in 1000 ft with my fat ass on it. I know the new Mack z had major clutch problems last year but I was told that was all taken care of. Hell even my old 583 mach would turn 96 in the 1000 with no problems
    Dave

SeaRay SRV 240
    16' Super Sidewinder, XR 4 150
    Skidoo Mach 1

Retro: Where everything old is new again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jphii
    Question for the sled boyz. Anybody know where you can go (like a "resort" or something like that) and rent a sled that goes faster than 60? We tried to put a trip together last year but all of the "resorts" that do that that I could find rent lame sleds.
    well you could stay at my B&B ine the Adirondaks,(check us out at bearinthetree.com)and rent sleds from village rental in Speculator www.villagerentalsny.com he rents ski-doos and yamahas up to 120hp,I'm sure that will go faster than 60.The conditions are great here and we are expecting to get 3' or more tonite into wednesday from this nor'easter.you can also call me at 315-826-5614 and I'll be glad to answer any questions we are about 2.5 hrs north weat of Albany NY. in southern Hamilton county in the adirondaks.About 30 miles north of where the Rondack Romp is held.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    i'm gona have to disagree with that. there are stock sleds that will run up to and beyond 130 mph. ive hit 135 on a polaris indy 700 triple. conditions were perfect tho.. the real problem is; do you have the distance to hit that speed, and is the trail soft, packed, rough, smooth, and air temperature.
    What were you smoking that day .I have been around sleds a long time and always ride with gps,sled speedos are always off by alot.my 900 cat sno-pro runs 104 on gps with only clutch work turning a 121"x1.38" paddle. fastest stock 900 not a sno pro with a 1" track hieght was 107mph and the fastest sled i've seen using my gps was a mach z 1000 turning 110mph. just to show you how off speedo's are when I'm doing 104 may speedo needle is in the 6 o'clock position and my speedo stops at 100 in the 4o'clock position (needle is pegged) If that polaris 700 hits 135 stock bring it on because I got a hundred dollar bill says I can smoke you down my lake.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another note, my mach runs neck and neck with a 99 MXZ 670 HO (124.5 hp out of the box). We both ran the 107 in the 1000 on radar three time each, watched an F7 run mid 1 teens on the same track. Also ran my 700 on a warm day with sticky snow and it would only turn into the high 90's on radar. By the way the radar gun used was Toronto police issued and certified. In absolute perfect conditions, and unlimited lake in Parry Sound ON, I could only hit 183 kph (112mph) on the speedo.
    Last edited by skidoodave; 02-13-2007 at 03:50 PM.
    Dave

SeaRay SRV 240
    16' Super Sidewinder, XR 4 150
    Skidoo Mach 1

Retro: Where everything old is new again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in St Germain Wi a couple of weeks ago and some guy pulled onto the ice with a RX1 Turbo with juice and ran a 139mph and backed it up with a 141 mph in 660ft. This thing looked like he had an ice shredder behind him. I guess he runs in the quarter on asphalt in the summer and ran 7.98 @171mph. He said he will build anyone the same sled for 50g's. I've also been around sleds all my life and this one one of the coolest things I've seen. Later, Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be Jeff Simons...the sled is badass.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend Jason (in photo) and I enjoyed some of our best riding ever yesterday. Covered about 150 miles of trails, and some off-trail powder riding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg  
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorC
    That would be Jeff Simons...the sled is badass.
    Yea, thats the guy. I forgot his name. That thing is WICKED!! Later, Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea well two things are track was shorter or your track was longer.

Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themdshrk69
    What were you smoking that day .I have been around sleds a long time and always ride with gps,sled speedos are always off by alot.my 900 cat sno-pro runs 104 on gps with only clutch work turning a 121"x1.38" paddle. fastest stock 900 not a sno pro with a 1" track hieght was 107mph and the fastest sled i've seen using my gps was a mach z 1000 turning 110mph. just to show you how off speedo's are when I'm doing 104 may speedo needle is in the 6 o'clock position and my speedo stops at 100 in the 4o'clock position (needle is pegged) If that polaris 700 hits 135 stock bring it on because I got a hundred dollar bill says I can smoke you down my lake.

I'd like to second that!! NO WAY that "stock" 700 went 135...NO WAY!! I just picked up a used "stock" '03 F7 that we spent a night clutching for informal 600ft hard pack drag racing, but I took it out on the lake and legged it out for about a mile and the best it would do is 105 on my GPS. I'm going to try a few different cams to see if I can get a few more MPH out of it as guys claim F7's run in the low teens, but I don't see that happening and I'd be willing to bet this F7 has more HP than that 700 tripple and weights 100bs less!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its amazing how many stock sleds run 120+mph on the wish o meter, 2 years ago when the rx1 ton came out everyone that oned one claimed 120+ out of it, bone stock ,one night at the sayner pub in sayner wis ,there were 6 of them braggin and pickin on the doo's pol'cat in the bar,well i,m here to tell ya when we got across plum lake the four strokes were dead last about a 2 mi run, i raced them with a ported,lifted cyl,stockpipe,geared 00 mxz700 my gps was 115,even my step sons mxz6 with porting wipped them, i let off 4 times so they could catch up they thought they were gaining on me so i would gas her again and leave them. i have respect for the turbo anything tho,it was fun

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, The snow hawk parts I get directly from AD Boivin. I just put on the 07 136" track and extenders. We were supposed to ride today but never made it out. I was working on my friends RX 1 again. We put a new track on it as well from the same slush out front. After getting it all back together my friend called and said it was still wratcheting. I don't know what it could be except possibly the actual drive cogs spinning on the shaft itself. Anyone have any experiance with this?
    There is a lot of hidden potential in ANY sled (motor). Just remember there is always some sacrofice to get it. Manufacturers built to the optimium in power with the most reliability don't forget. To get the first 8-10% is usually a joke with only little sacrofice and time requirements. Every percent from there takes progressivly longer. It took us hours of machining,(I would speculate 35-40 hours in the evenings) and many more (It felt countless) hours of tuning (I would think about 20 hours in pipe calculations cutting and rewelding several times) to get the power and RPM we were aiming for then get it to the ground. There was more in the motor I am certain, but it was already borderline drag sled and we needed to keep trailability. There is a product called TK7 only availably in the US that I go through several gallons of a year. It is a kept secret umongst racing enthusiasts, but it is the best fuel additive available for anyone modifying their stuff or just looking for some extra safety margin. I have heard of several motors running the whole season without troubles at head pressures approaching 165 PSI on 91 octane with the additive. Anyone must agree that is impressive. That is another 10 horse right there on the 700 if you wanted. We left that kind of pressure out of our equasion for our build. Before we started the sled topped out on radar at about 106-107 stock. It kicked my mxz 800's ass to be truthful and I had already done some work on it in preperation for racing my friend during the summer. The initial track length to ice surface, and suspension set up made it much more suited for transfering power to the ground. (However, I kicked his ass so badly in rougher conditions on the trail, well payback was SWEET) Anyways, my riding style is aggressive on the trails and I could not justify two sleds to have one that was as fast on the lakes. My friend had the desire and money for the parts we needed and was more than willing to donate his sled for the transformation. I was just as proud watching him race as if it was my own sled anyway. Anyways, his back could not take it anymore and he too had to switch to a better trail sled, APEX last year as well. He sold all the degree charts, port mapping, CC's, piston modifications, internal balancing with the motor. I am doing it all again right now to my voo-doo motor (70 johnson) I could post some pictures to help show the differences over stock if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Better Toys; 02-14-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    The more one is willing to sacrifice creature comforts for impracticality the better they equip themselves for life on the edge. The closer you get the better the view.

2006 Voodoo - Modified Stinger
    2007 SRV (being built now) - Modified 280 drag
    1983 Formula Offshore - Being overhauled this winter.

SnowHawk..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year is the RX? I've got LOTS of experience with that sled...If it's the old style proaction skid check the transfer rods...they may be set for too much transfer. That causes too much slack in the track under acceleration and they skip.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast