Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Talladega

Just wondering if anyone went to the Talladega race? My opinion,RESTRICTION AIN'T RACIN!!!! I can't see how Nascar can justify putting restrictor plates on cars, much less change plate size after qualifying. Nascar says it's for safety, the cars would be too fast. Bull****. 200 MPH is the same no matter what track they're on. Atlanta, Fontana,& Chicago have speeds from 200-206, but no plates, go figure? The fans at Talladega showed our disgust by trashing the track AGAIN!! But Nascar wants to keep the cars in one tight bunch,because "the fans want to see close racing" I tried to find out how to contact Nascar to send them an e-mail, but no luck. Does anyone else feel the same way? Go # 8. B.Dog

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys, didn't mean to post twice. B. Dog

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Racing!!!!!!

The three tracks that you mentioned are fast tracks, but you can't go wide-open around the whole track, they have to lift going into the turns!!!! At Talladega and Daytona, it is those speeds all the time.
    It sounds to me like you have a different reason to be upset, maybe cause the Chevy family had a falling out!!!!! Everybody's favorite son got taken out at the end of the race. Chuck
    CHUCK & TRACY FREELAND

1990 25 Talon with twin Merc. 300XS's
    1983 Mako 21 with Merc. 225.
    www.Fullthrottlepowerboats.com

NEVER FORGET 9/11

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cellphone, food stamps, section 8 housing, a six-pack of beer and he'll vote for a Democrat the rest of his life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they slowed the cars down because a full bodied car will fly (high) at about 210. all the catch fences in the world will do no good if the car flies over the fence from the middle groove. while i think it would be cool to have no restrictions, and it would be interesting to see how fast they could actually go, Im thinkin i wouldnt want to be in the landing area, i mean grandstands when lift off occurs. Bill Elliot set the record at what 213, or 218 average lap speed in the late 80's? look for them to slow them down on the other tracks as well,
    Wile E. Coyote: (acceleratus vulgaris)

Its amazing how heavy a GPS can be.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Talladega

Sure, I was dissapointed to see Jr. wrecked, but I still am not a supporter of plate racing. I think if it was "true racing", a driver should be able to make a pass on horsepower alone, not having to have 3-5 cars pushing each other to make a pass. It's obvious when you have 43 cars nose to tail, there are going to be much greater chances of numerous cars being involved in a big crash. I believe take the plates off, it will spread the field out. Put more down-force on the cars to make them more stable.But no matter what the racing sport, there is always a possibility of injury to the fans. Even with boat racing, steering cables break, boats become airborne, injury to fans is a factor. Simply put if you go to any type of race, you have to be prepared for anything that could possibly go wrong. B. Dog

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get ride of the restrictor plates, bulldoze the banks and lower them so they have to lift.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only one more year to wait. The Car of Tommorow will be used at Dega in the fall race next year. 13 teams were testing it on Monday. No speeds were released, but the drivers said they were at least 5 mph slower with a one inch plate(as compared to 7/8" on Sunday) using a Michigan/Texas type engine.

Pete
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats Talladega, I have been going for years and remember the days of big multi flips, cars going through the fence, even a large section of fence torn down by a flying car. if you take plates off you would have to get rid of the lower stands. Nascar aint going to mess with a good thing..bigger crowds every year, people standing the whole race. The #3 loved it, but there again he was a real driver...alot of cry babys now. GO 20

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you want.
    It takes a better driver to win and stay upfront at the restrictor plate races.

The close underpowered race makes ever move (EVERY MOVE) a second won or lost.

AL
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Say what you want.
    It takes a better driver to win and stay upfront at the restrictor plate races."

I don't need to blow your theory, brother Al.....but I only need to say two words: Michael Waltrip.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why not just put a rev limiter on the engines and take off the restrictor plate.
    Nascar already regulates diff gear ratio, so between final drive ratio and Rev limter they can control top speed without restrictors.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave
    Why not just put a rev limiter on the engines and take off the restrictor plate.
    Nascar already regulates diff gear ratio, so between final drive ratio and Rev limiter they can control top speed without restrictors.
    Dave,if they did that they would have to wreck each other to pass.The only things that win that race is good teamwork,setup and luck.Luck wasn't going to help Jr.from getting wrecked though.I think he lead them a little too far giving them a run up his A$$.Had they not wrecked him I think he would have had an equal oppertunity to win.He's the best restrictor plate Racer.That he was taught by the best.

Lord help us.
    racemore01@comcast.net