Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old school, My last reply was delayed... The things that I did in My last post were done before you posted your 7:22 pm response.. Here in the next hour or so I'm gonna try a code key to see if anything useful comes up..
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.fullsizechevy.com
    I've found some good info on TBI Chevys on their forum.
    now,squint your eyes and imagine the boat in my avatar with a black trailer and a Merc....look familiar?
    limited skills

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link loop, I've got a new computer for the truck coming Tuesday... As for the XB in your avatar, let Me put it this way, I'd like to have another one...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it from Donnie back in January. I was literally a weekend away from driving to Tennesee to buy one when I found this one only a few hours away
    limited skills

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 97 degrees outside with a box stock 260 Merc and a 27" SRX Bullet cut with a stripped load minus still having the trolling motor bracket on... I ran that boat 98 or 99 mph (radar) and still had a little bit left, and that was with minumal setup and no strategic weight distribution, just hop in and floor it due to time restraint (long lunch break)... The boat was starting to lift hard on the left side at about 93-94 mph and getting worse with more speed, We were time limited so We put it on the trailer... I also ran that boat 103 mph ( police radar) with the same basic set-up but with a slightly higher engine elevation and perfect water chop at Grand Bayou in Coushatta, La. at some races down there... It drives well also, I ran it to 90 mph in the first 2 miles that I drove it the 1st day that We had it on the water, and it would just sit up high, flat and dry like a Bass boat dream... That boat it surely a good runner, don't be scared to go toe to toe with any other true Basser... That hull probably had the "longest legs" of any other Bass boat that we've owned...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep

thats exactly the numbers Donnie told me.He said ya'll suspected the trolling motor was causing it to lift on the left side.
    I'm nowhere near those speeds (yet)
    Sounds like I need some setup work,more horsepower and bigger b@lls!
    limited skills

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah you don't need a bigger satchel, just keep it trimmed about neutral ( maybe a bump more) and let the hull do the work -- oh yeah, don't dive out of the gas... I've never had any of Our Allison's blow out, but I have washed a few decals by chopping the power to quick or accidentaly running up on some sneaky paralell boat wakes... A few long trim bumps down to let the length of the pad down to the water as your backing out of the throttle and it'll do just fine... In case you didn't already know this stuff, and think about it in your sleep like Me ...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a tune up never hurts

my buddys chevy 2500 just died on him the other day and it turned out to be his ignition coil. i replaced the plugs wires and coil and his truck is running better than it has in a long time. this might not have anything to do with your problem but if your truck hasnt had a tune up in a while it certainely wont hurt. ive had broken coils make some wierd problems for me in the past. sometimes theyll even test good on a meter but can still be bad.good luck with it............................................dave
    91 hydrostream vasseret w/175.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I still fear it could one on many small components, I think that one of the patterns sort of makes Me think or almost know that it only dies after it reaches full temp, My Mom's 1998 Z-28 was doing the exact same thing and it turned out to be the computer... The computer is "supposed" to be here hypothetically, theoretically today at 4:00 - 5:00 pm... I'll slam it in and post the results soon... Thanks...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so whats the result? any luck?
    91 hydrostream vasseret w/175.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the computer late today, I put it in about 30 minutes ago and it cranked right up but that doesn't mean much... Given My circumstance I can't take it out and put any miles on it tonight, but I plan to tomorrow..
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted, there is also a relay and the oil sending unit turns the pump on.

There is two system to run the pump.

One is time delayed when you crank the engine, then that system turns off and the oil sending unit keeps the pump running.

If the truck always cranks and runs then cuts off I would check the oil sending unit.

Fuel filter plays a big part this time of year with cold morning and warm days. Condensation build fast in fuel tanks.
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New computer didn't work, it's still doing the same thing... I'm suicidal, is that a normal emotion..?
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted, Did you change out the Oil psi / fuel pump sensor that we suggested acouple of threads back?? And if there is no check eng. light, there are no DTC's set. The last item is the fuel pump itself, they do go bad. The bad news is you have to drop the tank to change it. You may want to take it to the dealer and save yourself the hassel. Your time is worth somthing too! A fuel pump runs around $100 bucks, labor will be around $160-170. If they can fix it, what ever the problem is, for under $300, you may want to consider it. But try the oil psi sender first. Good luck hunting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed the fuel pump last week, it was the second thing that got changed right after the fuel filter.. I've changed about 5 of them and taking the bed off is the easier way to do it for future reference... I'm gonna be looking for the oil pressure sending unit next, I don't know what else could cause the injectors to stop firing... I would think that it would be one of the last systems in place to kill the injectors... Thanks for the steady replies..
    Kevin Kiser

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast