Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 hp honda ? and sea ox ?

am looking for a pleasure boat for a relative. i found a clean 1984 17 foot sea ox with a 50 hp 2003 honda. any thoughts on this. my dads 19 sea ox was really a sturdy boat, anybody know anything about the 17? and is a 03 50hp honda a good motor? the guy wants $3750 for the package, with a nice galvanized trailer. any thoughts on that?

thanks,
    ronny

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honda

I am unfamiliar with the Sea Ox but a good friend of mine has that same outboard. Out of all the outboards I have been around that Honda is hands down the quietest. I actually here more noise from the water than the engine. He has had no problems with his motor other than scheduled maintenance and he could not be happier. He motored up from a 50 E-rude E-tech due to ongoing problems. The Honda gets better gas mileage and pushes loads better as well. I had researched these before and if I am right the marine engines are basically the same ones they have used in their cars. Seems to be pretty solid from what I have heard, Ed <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>