User Tag List

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    joelsob.i cant belive you would think,that i would even think of geting you wet.those days of all my raceing tricks,are over i dont want to die if debs,hair gets wet.lets go have a little fun. j.r.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhh i know you can outrun. me since you are running 100 plus
    ..and a few times with other buddies, they crossed over and roostertailed me.. its not that I believe you would wash me down , i just want to know you wont wash me down

even though we were at holiday park where its wider...what maybe75 feet wide

i was just cruizin about 75 and the guy shot by and the rooster tail hit me hard...I could not see and came out heading sharply towards the bank.. you know by now that when you chop the throttle and or have to do an unexpected sharp turn in an allison when its on the pad its gets dicey.

I can still see the bushes and water plants rubbing the side of the boat as i came out of the 'tail.Its too tight out there to fool around.
    johnny lets start a new thread allison rr owners,or something like that and take this to its own topic
    nose cone gearcase being installed as I type these words!!

lets go have a

goodride
    LET's RIDE !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny, its time you got a scanner and scanned all those pictures you have on your walls. I'm sure everyone would like to see them. By the way, you did a great job on the Allison.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny - Have you fired any pistols in the air out in the middle of Kansas lately? Next time, please wait until I get done taking a leak along side the road before you blast away. - Steve Sirois .......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hay,steve at least i was shooting up,and not down at that little thing you were trying to find.because it so cold.reamber when i almost lost it in new mex.that night,bill would have killed us.that was one long trip.how about when bill told me i would have find a place to stay because of to many in the room.and i found that cutie in town.and i stayed with her until her boyfriend,came home and found us.hell i thought i would have to shoot my way out ther.thats when i came back to the room.who took the bucket of ice cold water and splashed bill wile he was asleep.i almost peed in pants laughing.that was one trip ill never for get it.what ever to my buddy don mullet pruitt.later in 72 he caused me to blow over at start of gold coast mathon at the staium,be for i hit water buzz taylor hit me wile i was upside down,was not a good day.i saw don. in the keys at race i was in he had the balls to d,q me,when i asked him what for,he said i was doing to much pruitt driving i said you tought me,let me know if anything ,thanks for saying hi johnny . p.s.its locked loaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jim your right,i thought about it the next day iam getting old.thanks for the reminder johnny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mike,iam lucky i can turn this thing on,much less show some pic.ill get to it we have the what we need .to do it ill make sure i put your best pic.from the gold coast........,your not alone i have some to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill died in Jan, 1997 after a 7 year battle with multiple myeloma. Pruett died a few years prior to that. They remained close friends until the end. I think the accident that Don had at Havasu 1971 weakened him to the point that it contributed to his demise. I shall always miss both of them. Regards - Steve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    butch,i sold my c210 last april after 27 yr.the expence was getting out of sight.and in the few yrs.i have had some close calls.last year at this time i landed my buddys,c90 king air when i went to go in rev.the rt. eng did not go in rev.off the runway we went,at 100 mph. i got it back on the runway with any damage.one year befor that i was flying at flt.of 12000 ft.out over west tex.and the left eng.sent a piston through the left side of the eng. case,when i got to airstrip i touched down mid runway,and could not i did not know,that i had 22kt.wind on my tail.so i did what your not to do i did a go around,did not know that there was dust devil at end of runway. it got us just as i lifted off it was all i could do,to get the rt.wing up.i was about 40ft.off the grond ,the next thing was to get under some big power lines without ripping,the tail off.i got back 300ft.and made a smooth landing.i broke all rules.or have cotton balls up my ass.so you should have been on that flt.so its time to fold my wings after 35yr.flying. johnny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

velox..this ones for you

letters from heaven..hey man all i had back then was an american mark 15 1st with a 700 and then with a black merc 1000 on it...this was when I learned about.......airing out.......................in south miami i think it was c&g marine..merc dudes..I paid $900.00 and it was slightly used..yeah like on a crab boat. the bad boy for 1964.....
    the old white merc 700 was off the american marcs transom..
    .This was my first attempt at a fiberglass job..so i had got gallon of resin from the whaler dealer in south miami.....johnson kirby.... and ? a bbbbBIG bottle of methl ethyl keytone

I poured the whole bottle of hardner in the gallon of resin and got started...my mom said PHONE CALL i went into the kitchen to answer the phone, talked for a couple minutes and heard poopppascrttchh

the gallon of resin exploded hard enough to blow the steel gallon bucket apart and there was 500 smoldering pieces of fast cured resin all over the 2 car garage
    the MARC as we called it then went to ...RAY BOND

story to continue

goodride
    back then
    LET's RIDE !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hay,gene just saw a pic. of you in the 65 gold coast.what place did you come in.you had already past me.i was in allen rebells old 12ft wood boat that rusty wise built . i had 30hp.merc.in 66 i had my new full race 13ft. curtis craft,50hp.i won the no,and so.run to p.h.y.c. there were 10 75hp.scott mc.in my class. johnny reed,talk to you soon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsob View Post
    letters from heaven..hey man all i had back then was an american mark 15 1st with a 700 and then with a black merc 1000 on it...this was when I learned about.......airing out.......................in south miami i think it was c&g marine..merc dudes..I paid $900.00 and it was slightly used..yeah like on a crab boat. the bad boy for 1964.....
    the old white merc 700 was off the american marcs transom..
    .This was my first attempt at a fiberglass job..so i had got gallon of resin from the whaler dealer in south miami.....johnson kirby.... and ? a bbbbBIG bottle of methl ethyl keytone

I poured the whole bottle of hardner in the gallon of resin and got started...my mom said PHONE CALL i went into the kitchen to answer the phone, talked for a couple minutes and heard poopppascrttchh

the gallon of resin exploded hard enough to blow the steel gallon bucket apart and there was 500 smoldering pieces of fast cured resin all over the 2 car garage
    the MARC as we called it then went to ...RAY BOND

story to continue

goodride
    back then
    Butch Stokes and I both worked at Dade Marine in S.Miami before it was sold and became the one you are talking about. Butch and I were best friends with Richie Baiz. Richie worked for Ray Bond and Carl Mosley back then.
    Back then Ray was the man, when it came to fiberglas. He even wrote and published a book about about working with fiberglas. Butch and I both knew Ray's son Rusty and I know his other son Dell Bond. Dell taught me how to fly my twin engine airplane. I have an experience opposite of yours. I put some fiberglas on the bottom of my 13' Raveau without enough hardner. I peeled the cloth off, but never could get the sticky resin off completely. It was a mess for a long time!
    Charlie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

velox started this MIAMI thing

ray bond.
    .so i remeber hearing about him for glass work, from the guys I got the 100 merc from...I remember driving south to where the "bowlomat" was.
    .a 24/ 7 bowling alley.. go in a block or so and take a right. "PRINCENTON??fla...
    I brought the : "mark" to rays shop, unhooked it and walked around a bit..
    I remember seeing several big inboard engines that said...

.daytona on them - as I remember they were 409 chevys

I knew i was in the right place.

rays transom never came out of the american mark..and I ran that 1000 for a couple years and have some great biscayne bay stories about that boat...........and some friends boats.. like...g-3 glasspar with merc 800
    crazy guy from miami ski club. "roger henry". krazy++ also motorcycle stories with roger and my brother, on old cutler road

any how with the mark, or the glasspar, and back then it was a glastron gt 150 ? a neat bay boat with like a center console in it...that friend called his boat the.."mad breather"
    brooks had an s22 with a 409 in it..we popped a marker in govt cut and cut a slot 6 feet long in the forward chine

we would sneak up from behind on the coast guard albitross seaplane when it landed at dinner key..
    our goal was to make a pass by them and wave to the pilot...a couple times they knew we were there and gassed the seaplane engines and soaked us down

I got more stories about the mark..If you want..
    but who remembers the boats made by american mark any how??
    the mark gave me a

goodride

more stories?? not all racin' my race course was biscayne bay, marker 23, stiltsville channell the mangroves by key biscayne yacht club, elliott, the stadium,...miami in the 60/70/80/90, and now i'm running a mild mannered allison rr..and like it just fine..especially with a buddy sitting in the back seat to share TODAYS RIDE in the same place!!
    LET's RIDE !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    charlie,i worked for richie at f,r.marine no n.w.71 st. he show me how to repair,large holes and cracks. we had lots of fun.i later started my place in n.m. i stayed in for 16 yr.under name of johnnys fiberglass.i did work for george g.and also jimmy s.you have heard jimmy speak of me from the days of raceing .johnny r.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lottactionracing View Post
    charlie,i worked for richie at f,r.marine no n.w.71 st. he show me how to repair,large holes and cracks. we had lots of fun.i later started my place in n.m. i stayed in for 16 yr.under name of johnnys fiberglass.i did work for george g.and also jimmy s.you have heard jimmy speak of me from the days of raceing .johnny r.
    For sure I have heard Jimmy and George mention your name. I talk to Jimmie a couple of times a year. Richie died about 10 years ago and George about 4 years ago.
    I loved both of them. Richie and I had a shop in Hialeah back in 1964/5, until I got a real job at Turkey Point. I could keep you awake all night with my "George stories". Jimmy has a lot of them also.
    The boat you saw at Ray Bonds with the 409's was the boat Murf the Surf used for the Nassau Jewel Heist. Richie showed it to me and told me about its use. I did not believe it until a year later the cops caught Murf and broke the case. Boy Miami was great!
    Charlie

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast