Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina????

Gentleman -

I just found an old Car & Driver article (February 1992) titled "More Cubic Inches Than a Grave". It's about a 135 MPH 49 foot "cat" with triple 1000 HP I/O's. It was owned by Juan Almeida/Philip Feldman and Fort Apache Marina.

Just curious if this boat is still around? Are Juan Almeida and Philip Feldman still into boats?

I just learned from www.offshoreonly.com that Fort Apache Marina is gone. It was located at the infamous "thunderboat alley". I guess they used to store boats there. Now, it's all condominiums.

Mike Sufka
    St. Cloud, MN
    30 Spectre/Twin 300 Mercs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was fortunate to race out of Fort Apache in the early 90's.Most of the big name's still had shops on "Thunderboat Row" It was awesome to say the least.It's a crime that it's gone.

Lord help us.
    racemore01@comcast.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Check Out My Previous Post..............................

Quote Originally Posted by mikesufka
    Gentleman -

I just found an old Car & Driver article (February 1992) titled "More Cubic Inches Than a Grave". It's about a 135 MPH 49 foot "cat" with triple 1000 HP I/O's. It was owned by Juan Almeida/Philip Feldman and Fort Apache Marina.

Just curious if this boat is still around? Are Juan Almeida and Philip Feldman still into boats?

I just learned from www.offshoreonly.com that Fort Apache Marina is gone. It was located at the infamous "thunderboat alley". I guess they used to store boats there. Now, it's all condominiums.

Mike Sufka
    St. Cloud, MN
    CHECKOUT MY POST #8 FROM 9-13-06 G.B.D. "COURT RULING MAKES BOATING ILLEAGAL IN THE U.S." BUDDY UNFORTUNATELY ALOT OF GUYS HAVE COME AND GONE, AND MOST OF THESE MAGNIFICENT MACHINES AS WELL, CHECKOUT POST #12 FROM 9-12-06 S.& F.L. "MY 5OIN. POPOYES CAT. I WOULD TELL YOU TO CONTACT JAY CASTELINE OF CASTALINE MARINE IN HOLLYWOOD FL. SOME TIMES HE BROKERS SOME OF THESE OLD TOYS. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUEST IT MIGHT BE SITTING SOMEWHERE COLLECTING DUST IF NOT MADE INTO A POKER RUN TOY . PEACE! FIG

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thunderboat row

i saw one of the popeye boats last year for sale in Nmiami at a place that made altrailers dont remember if it was the cat or a deep vee. it was inside the building half covered. guy told us it was the class record holder.
    21 Cougar Mtr
    21 Superboat
    Hydrostream Venus
    Hydrostream Vegas
    22 Apache Scout

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
    i saw one of the popeye boats last year for sale in Nmiami at a place that made altrailers dont remember if it was the cat or a deep vee. it was inside the building half covered. guy told us it was the class record holder.
    SOME OF THESE HISTORIC OFFSHORE RACING TREASURES CAN BE FOUND IN PLACES YOU WOULD LEAST EXPECT, JUST HOPE SOME PUNK WITHOUT A CLUE DOESN'T BUTCHER IT UP INSTEAD OF RESTORING IT UP TO IT'S FULL GLORY. PEACE! FIG

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesufka
    Gentleman -

Mike Sufka
    St. Cloud, MN
    Mike,I got to thinking back on that race At Hooligans/Fort Apache and that boat was at the dock.They raced it in open class and rapper Vanilla Ice flew in by chopper and drove the boat.It was fast for sure in it's time.With Hawk Marine in the same complex power was close by.They parked their Ferrari's in the middle of everything.showin off lol

Lord help us.
    racemore01@comcast.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking You probably saw it at South Florida Trailers.............

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
    That's in Hollywood Fl. Jay Casteline owns that trailer shop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racemore
    Mike,I got to thinking back on that race At Hooligans/Fort Apache and that boat was at the dock.They raced it in open class and rapper Vanilla Ice flew in by chopper and drove the boat.It was fast for sure in it's time.With Hawk Marine in the same complex power was close by.They parked their Ferrari's in the middle of everything.showin off lol
    Ice had a few Nice boats, here is a shot of his 28 Pantera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails icepantera.jpg