Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas on how to remove overspray from plastic windshield

The windshield on my hydrostream has overspray all over it along with the rest of the boat. Im afraid of using anything on the windshield because I dont want it to eat or dull the plastic. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maquiers makes a plastic glass cleaner and polish.

I used it a lot on my drag car with polycarbon windows.

Al
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=2 width=646 align=center background=../images/spacer.gif border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR><TD>Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; font-face: Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=620 align=center background=../images/spacer.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD><TD vAlign=top colSpan=5>Clear Plastic Cleaner removes fine hairline scratches from all types of clear plastic. Unique, non-abrasive formula prepares the surface for Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish. Perfect cleaner for compter screens, convertible windows, helmet visors, motorcycle windscreens, displays and instryment panels.</TD></TR><TR><TD width=90></TD><TD width=200></TD><TD width=150>M1708 8 oz. (237 ml) </TD><TD align=right width=60>$7.99</TD><TD align=middle width=120>add to cart</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD><TD width=5></TD></TR><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD>
    Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; font-face: Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=620 align=center background=../images/spacer.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD><TD vAlign=top colSpan=5>Clear Plastic Polish safely restores optic clarity to all clear plastics. Provides a static-free coating that repels dust. Safe and effective on both acrylic and polycarbonate surfaces. Ideal for cars, motorcycles, RV's, boats and aircraft.</TD></TR><TR><TD width=90></TD><TD width=200></TD><TD width=150>M1008 8 oz. (237 ml) </TD><TD align=right width=60>$7.99</TD><TD align=middle width=120>add to cart</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD><TD width=5></TD></TR><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD>
    Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Detailer

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; font-face: Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=620 align=center background=../images/spacer.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD><TD vAlign=top colSpan=5>Clear Plastic Detailer is a quick spray and wipe product for all types of clear plastics from CD’s to convertible windows. Non-abrasive formula removes smudges and residue without scratching. Restores and maintains optic clarity. Anti-static/non-crazing.</TD></TR><TR><TD width=90></TD><TD width=200></TD><TD width=150>M1808 8 oz. (237 ml) </TD><TD align=right width=60>$6.99</TD><TD align=middle width=120>add to cart</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aquabuff 2000.

the headlights on my car yellowed and become hazy over time. They are plexiglass or some sort of plastic. I have tried scruibbing with everything, no good, nothing worked including a product ford sells designed for fixing this sort of problem. I took a buffer and the aquabuff and bam, they are crystal clear again. No scratches or swirls eother.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome thanks guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    qct, I forgot you are in st. pete. The place I got the aquabuff is down on 34th street and about 40th ave, in that strip little plaza just to the south of kanes on the same side of 34th. It is a fiberglass shop, I just cannot remeber the name.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.finneys.com has a plexiglass cleaner that supposedly the military uses. I've never tried but I'm going to order some cause I just put the Finneys plexi windflaps on my boat.
    2004 Hydra-Sports Vector 2600 - twin 225 Yamahas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fish, I know right where your talking about. Ill talk to them thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Swear By That Stuff, I Have Used Many Different ProductS Through The Years, And Prefer Aquabuff 2000 Over Other Compounds. It Has Great Cutting Strength, Yet Very Fine Grit, And I Have Found That Since It Is White, Leaves Less Resedue Stains Than Any Other Compounds That Have Color. I Only Paint For Hobby These Days, But I Still Use Aquabuff To Polish Edges On Plexi/lexan & Carbon Fiber Panels That I Fabricate For A Living. These Days I Do Custom Electronic Installs. Still Miss Painting Though Cause Of The Graphics & Airbrushing Etc. Good Luck! Fig

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn,Fig,I don't know now whether to call you Sparky or Buffy??!!![But I will take another beer,thank you!]
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meguiar's Machine Glaze on a foam rotary wheel, SLOW speed.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Overspray Remover

Its been awhile since you posted but I was bored and thought I would add my 2 cents worth. Hands down Clay Magic is hard to beat on any surface. Its all natural and has no chemical reaction to anything. Works on new or old paint as well as glass or plexiglass windshields and it only removes overspray.

Heres a link to it:

http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/subcat.php?man_id=13

Goodluck