Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pen holes

I have a new problem with hundreds of pen holes in the fiberglass. I've already bought a gallon of z chrome epoxy primer that is suppose to fill in 32 grit sandpaper groves. This stuff cost $100.00, so before I sprayed it on, I wanted to see if you all thank it will fill those in or not? Is there something else I could use before I use the primer? They are all over the boat, and wont fill in with filler to well. Thanks for any help bros. Jason A.

CLINTON, IA. POTHOLE HAVEN. If your shocks dont bust, your bladder will!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Pin holes

You may have to skim coat your deck with a plastic filler if it is too bad. I have gotten away with using "Feather Fill" by Evercoat. It is a high build epoxy primer that fills extremely well. Mix up a bit of the primer in which you have already purchased, and give it a try.
    I made the mistake one time of having a painted boat media blasted. Talk about pin holes! My brother re-finished that hull, and had to skim coat the entire hull with filler. Turned out awesome though.
    Have any questions contact "Lakerider8" on the board. He has been doing this stuff for a lifetime, and knows his stuff!!
    Seriously try a test area on your hull with your primer you have already purchased. If it works, great, if not, go to plan B.
    Next time scuff your hull with 280 grit, then prime it. You should not get any pinholes with 280.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2