Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wego Kite tube recall

Boat US After more than three dozen injuries and two deaths, the consumer product safety commission announced a voluntary recall of 19,000 Wego kite tubes. www.youtube.com
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old news.
    Bear 45/70

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything....but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Bill of Rights gives me the power to NOT have to apologize for someone else's "gun phobia."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice

NIce to have someone watching over you all the time, and see to that there isnt any way you could manage to hurt yourself whether you want to or not?

Been some accidents her in norway with watersports too this summer, with the new "Flyer" thing, but I figure, if you are going to get seriously injured with that thing, you have to be overrun by a boat or something...That could happen even if you go out swimming, if you use common sence and have respect for what you are doing, and take your precautions these things wont get out of hand so that you damage yourself....

You here me, or?
    Christofer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha 70 c
    but I figure, if you are going to get seriously injured with that thing, you have to be overrun by a boat or something...That could happen even if you go out swimming, if you use common sence and have respect for what you are doing, and take your precautions these things wont get out of hand so that you damage yourself....

You here me, or?
    A recent TV news report said there'd been 3 fatalities in this country already, and several hundred accidents requiring surgery. The problem is that the rider has very little control and is basically at the mercy of the boat driver and also a sudden gust of wind can make it kite and suddenly gain altitude. The people I've talked to around here that've been on one say never again.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem is the rider does'nt know there is one until there is one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I can pick one up cheap now ?
    89' Hydrostream Vista 200XP
    Delta 3cyl FORCE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10.5' Tunnel
    So I can pick one up cheap now ?
    Yep, and it might even get you a mention at the Darwin Awards.....
    Bruster's Mercury solid motor mounts, details here:
    http://www.powercatboat.com/Bruster/Bruster.html
    I'm been living in fast forward, now I need to rewind real slow....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, I'm still of the opinion that when used as reccomended they could be fun. Strapping two boards to your feet and flying across the water also sounds a little dangerous doesn't it?
    89' Hydrostream Vista 200XP
    Delta 3cyl FORCE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one and it not that bad. You have to be able to trust your driver.
    Allison XB2002/260 SS

umpba.org

riversidegarage.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual, it's the 2-3 dumbasses that went and got theirselves killed that had to ruin if for the rest of the country. How many people were killed on motorcycles this summer, how many people were killed in cars this summer, how many people were killed riding bicycles this summer, how many people were killed simply while walking down the street this summer??? Yet for some reason everyone want's to get on the bandwagon about a few MORONS who hurt themselves on water toys!!!

I bought a flying toy myself, (Sevylor Manta Ray) and I don't think I could get rid of it if I wanted to. My wife and kids LOVE the thing. Can't keep them off of it. NEWSFLASH: When used as directed they are COMPLETELY safe and are an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!! As is called for with my Allison and my Harley, when using toys that can be dangerous a little common sense is called for... If the wind is blowing over 15-20mph then you should NOT use the flying toys. When pulling into the wind guess what, you must slow down. NOT rocket science here guys.

All three of my kids have been on it (6,8 & 10 yrs old) and all three have "hovered" a few feet off the water for short distances. Once my 6 year old was even chunked into the water while being airborn with it. The only reason he came up coughing and choking was because he was laughing to hard in the first place. The driver is in COMPLETE control of the craft at ALL times.

My best description for properly driving with them is imagine flying a kite... in reverse. If the tube is rising or leaves the water then you must chop the throttle just like you would giving a kite slack. It will simply lay back down. I don't pull the Ray with my Allison (that WOULD be fun, but if I got hurt on it I could ONLY blame myself!!!) I pull it with my 22' deckboat. IMHO the best setup for the driver would be a mirror and a foot throttle (faster reaction time).

I think it is ironic that the only people killed on these things were "FULLY GROWN" (at least physically if not mentally) men. I suspect that alcohol was present and obviously to much speed was a factor as well. I can vouch for it (I am 6'4" 230#) you have to HAUL ASS on one of these things to get over a couple feet off the water with a fully grown adult aboard. The vids on the net of the guys going 20'+ over the water are doing AT LEAST 40 and in some cases in excess of 50mph. WTF do you expect to happen at such speeds from such heights? Keep the speeds under the recommended 30mph (less for lighter weight riders and/or windy conditions) and you won't have anything but a GREAT day on the water with your family and friends.

You can't protect idiots from themselves,
    RA
    "Rainy Day Woman II" 2008 Allison XB21 2+2, 2008 Merc 225 Sport XS.
    "Other toy": http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...54%20Chevelle/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Answer

I agree with your post Red. I have seen people hurt on tubes that don't fly!! You have to respect Everything that involves water and, well, alcohol and motorized craft. Hell you could fall out of a canoe, bump your head and drown

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trust

BB-
    Tubers have to trust the driver? Is that you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, you can trust me Cant you???
    Allison XB2002/260 SS

umpba.org

riversidegarage.com