User Tag List

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Climatemaster

On my CLE I have a blowout ring that goes around the housing where the shaft comes out and I have had no problems ever with blow out.I also though run a yamaha 24p and an ET copy 28p and they both work great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blow out ring

Can you upload a pic?

My CLE has a small ridge that I was taking for the factory ring.

Do you have an aftermarket ring?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know lundy has a Sportmaster on his Riot 280.. But have no idea performance wise...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tabs

KK, here's the pics and measurements on those tabs. The outer ones are 8" wide 17" long and 1/4" thick and they call all the way in to the foremost part of the step and bolt right through the bottom of the boat with 4 bolts.

2004 Hydra-Sports Vector 2600 - twin 225 Yamahas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the latest Climatemaster?

I haven't run mine since Tanner last Wed. I'm still waiting for my Stainless Marine trim indicator and my 30 cleaver. Hope to have both before the Mullica run on the 16th.

I was thinking of picking up a 15" mid but then I need a jack and what not and I started thinking, will the gains really be worth spending so much money. I think I'll just get a 20" Sportmaster and be done with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay

the guys in the Finn Cell here at work have made me the side plates out of S.S. didn't have Aluminum (free) so went with S.S. am going to measure the inside for backing plates tonight then they will make those tomorrow....maybe try something new for the last race of the year!

Oh and what is that discoloration in your bilge?
    Are those steel hardware instead of s.s.?

K.K.
    Bennington 2550RL Yamaha F150
    28' Daytona Thompson twin 350 for sale best offer
    2010F150 Platinum
    Three RCBOATS:6' to 33" from 65mph to ??
    06 club car custom
    Wanted TUFF 16
    36 volt custom club car 5000.00

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at100plus

I was out Saturday in the Charleston Harbor. This boat will really handle some big stuff with two 200lb plus riders and a full tank of gas. I chased down a 27' Contender with twin 2.5s in 1 1/2 to 2 foot chop and then blew on by. He didn't look too happy. On the way home we were running with less than 5 gallons. I couldn't keep it in the water. Ended up slowing down and sticking the bow in the sky and putting through it.

It rained most of Labor day. I was out anyway, running from the showers. Too glassy, just wanted to bounce. Kinda getting used to the 80mph hop. It's hard to get used to looking for chop. I spent my whole life looking for glass to wakeboard, ski, or kneeboard. Found a couple of spots rough enough to burp the air out. Made some good flat 90-95mph runs. I wont go any faster for fear of blow out. Had so many people motioning me to drop the hammer Monday. Came around one corner and caught some wind. Had to check my shorts.

I'm waiting on my 30 cleaver too. I hope it will even the boat out some. It is so wieght concious. Change passengers, full tank, empty tank. It's a different boat to drive everytime you change something. I finally got comfortable driving with two and I forgot how to drive it by myself. The SRX makes the stern dance all over the river when it's trimmed up.

My trailer is giving out on me. Picking up a new one form John with LPB at the Suwannee Rally in Fl. the end of the month.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIMATEMASTER
    I'm waiting on my 30 cleaver too. I hope it will even the boat out some. It is so wieght concious. Change passengers, full tank, empty tank. It's a different boat to drive everytime you change something. I finally got comfortable driving with two and I forgot how to drive it by myself. The SRX makes the stern dance all over the river when it's trimmed up.

My trailer is giving out on me. Picking up a new one form John with LPB at the Suwannee Rally in Fl. the end of the month.
    I couldn't have said that better myself. There are so many variables that change the handling of this boat. It's like no other boat I've ever had, but it's so fast and so good in the chop for it's size that I'm drawn to the challenges.

My trailer is on the way out too.

KK, I don't know, something must not be SS. I plan on cleaning that up and changing the hardware over the winter. It bugs me. I'm a perfectionist with that stuff.

I just got my Finney wind flaps. Those should give something to hide behind when the splashes come.

Climate, I think you'll like the cleaver, it was more predictable when I ran one. Hopefully mine will arrive very soon.
    Last edited by at100plus; 09-08-2006 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

props

Just got home with my 30 cleaver. Pulled the SRX off and the inner splines looked off center. Looks like I need to rehub. Maybe that is the reason for the stern wiggle trimmed high.

I also have a 28 bravo one, never worked, for my Formula. Would it be a bad idea to try it on the Riot? Does the Bravo 1 have too much bow lift?

Let you know how the cleaver does later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cleaver

With two people in the boat the cleaver is too much stern lift. Trim it up to get over the hump and the whole boat dances around almost uncontrolably. Way worse than the SRX.

With one person it is great; runs right up to 85 and flattens out great, but get into it without a Bob's cone and it blows out around 90. Can't go near as fast as with the worked 27 SRX.

Its great between 80-90 but thats it. Putting it for sale.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at100plus

You might want to try an SRX; seems to be a few available right now............ So far the best handling and fastest I've used so far with one to four people in the boat........ Well, still hadn't had anyone in the back over 125lbs.

Ran a 26 bravo 1 tonite, super quick out the hole 0 to 70 in 3 sec maybe. Had my 10 y.o. son so couldn't really try it out on the top end. Besides ran out of daylight.

I am going to try a RE3 29 on Sam Bakers recommendation.

I may keep the 30 cleaver and try adjusting the hieght of the motor. Might have to get a hyd. jack plate.

Got my 26 yammi fixed today might try it out tommorow.

Everyone wants me to try their prop around here. This boat gets so much attention. One guy has a 14.5x32 cleaver another guy has a 30 spinelli.

Tied up at California Dreaming to eat, drink and watch the game. Steady crowd the entire time hovering around the boat.

Can't go out with out being flagged down by someone. Got stopped by a guy in a Scarab this evening and later ran a 20' Hydrostream Venus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only ran the borrowed 30 cleaver with two 200 lb. guys in the front and one 120 lb kid in the back that day. It seemed very well mannered. I wouldn't give up on that prop yet. It almost seems like you need a different prop for every load!

I just bought a Sportmaster with a cracked carrier pretty cheap. I have to replace that carrier, then I'm anxious to see how that will handle. It's an offshore so it has not torque tab.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jon
    I know lundy has a Sportmaster on his Riot 280.. But have no idea performance wise...
    Last I rember he had a cle ,but he could have got one and I just dont remember .With his current setup he runs 106 with a 31 cleaver on the limiter @7550rpms .He wants to try a bigger wheel but new house comes first .
    20 SHADOW 300+ V8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran a RE29 on my RIOT - too much bow lift - could never get it to run well for me. I ran a RE27 for several years 100+ with no problem. Still felt it had too much bow lift. After finally seeing a good video that a friend took for me I was definately convinced that I needed a cleaver. Got a great deal on a new Merc Lab Cleaver 28 - best prop I ever ran on the boat -- 106-108 mph, boat handled fantastic with this prop in all conditions. I think a 30 Lab might be a great prop with the right set-up.

'97 Rapid Craft RIOT
    MOD 2.5 EFI SS
    "BE FAST or BE LAST"

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast