User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pics

pics ...boat...normal trim......motor height
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motor 002 sm.JPG   motor 007 sm.JPG   motor 011 sm.JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like your transom is cut down for a 15" or perhaps they built it that way. Mine is straight and there is a little 3 to 4" splash well between the transom and the hatch bulkhead....see the difference? Do you have the aluminum fins bolted to the bottom of your boat? I suppose they were for planing for drag racing... that's what my boat is set up for.

Last edited by at100plus; 08-18-2006 at 06:27 AM.
    2004 Hydra-Sports Vector 2600 - twin 225 Yamahas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. No I have no pad tabs. That opens up all sorts of possibilites. Looks like I can put a 15" on here. I get a shot of the shaft height for you today. Swapped the lower last nite. Too dark for a pic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are tabs on my outer sponsons too but I don't have a pic of them here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100plus my transom looks just like yours and infact I have only ever seen them look like that.Also I have never seen those tabs how do they work?I have been thinking about putting adjustable tabs over the tunnels.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bet adjustable tabs would help through the hop, but I'd bet they can get you into trouble too, like they do on a Skater. In fact, the hop zone reminds me of a Skater only it's at a higher speed. It seems the same thing helps through it on this boat, choppy water, and yanking the wheel to disrupt the air through the tunnel seem to be what helps to get past it. A Skater poropoises from 49 to 68 mph though so it's not as scary as this 75 to 85 mph porpoise that the Riot has.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of trouble would you be talking about?My buddy has them on is 22 daytona and they made a world of difference in the rough water and it does get rid of the mid range hop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's different between this boat and a 22' Daytona is that forcing the nose into the water by using tabs makes the problem worse, not better. It's a fine line, but you have to give the boat trim in the midrange to pack the tunnel with air. There's not much pinch in the tunnels on a Riot, so in the mid range when it's switching from running on hydraulic pressure to air pressure, it's looking for enough air to pack in there to keep it from falling back down. You'll get it eventually, but you just have to trim it a bit more in the midrange. When you get to about 70-75, you can start tapping the DOWN button and she'll flatten out as you go faster and faster and are getting more air down the chute so to speak. It's like riding a bicycle. It seems tough at first and takes a lot of practice to get it, but once you do, you don't ever really have to think about it again...you just start doing it.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hop

Mine starts to hop about 75-80, been practicing alot. This evening was my fifth tank of gas since last Sunday. No problems solo. With one passenger I get it about every other time.

When it starts to hop I start bumping the trim up, magically the front drops and smoothes right out. Sam is right negative trim makes it worse. I do find it easier getting into it on a long wide right turn. I have a hop problem with three people but I think it might be a prop/ load issue.

Try making the transition slow. Get it to 70 then trim up slowly as you slowly accelerate. As soon as the front drops you can throttle into it. Once you get to 90 it should be super flat and smooth.

I ran 95 for about 4 miles this evening. Smooth as could be.

Try and go above 95 and you have to feather the trim. My trim down seems too sensitive. I barely bump it and it goes negative.

Every time you add a passenger you almost have to learn it all over because it handles so much differently than just 5 minutes before driving solo.

Let me know if you figure out any other tricks. Good luck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there is a learning curve.By myself really isnt that big of a problem but like climatemaster said with a a passenger totally different. I have tried to trim it up and got pretty high to where I could almost feel the back of the boat skipping out of the water.All I did was just keep tapping up slowly while it was hopping and that would happen but only in really glass like water.Any kind of chop the boat is awesome.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Years produced

I still have not heard the timeline of the Riot.

Were there any built after 98 ?

My only worry is something will happen and it won't be replaceable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get to run yesterday, it was too damn windy and the bay had big rollers. Maybe today. Anxious to try my new prop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rollers

Just came in. River white capping with 2 1/2 foot rollers every where. Ran fairly smooth but kept wanting to come out completely

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from trial run with my new Performance Propellers 14 1/2 x 30 four blade. I think I liked the 30 Cleaver last week better. My GPS got wet and died last week so I have no idea how fast I'm going but it easily turns 8000 RPMs and I was in moderate chop so it didn't hop too bad but going with the wind, I experienced what seemed like a blow out. It wasn't severe but the bow kinda layed down and hooked left ever so slightly. Now I'm afraid it will blow out at higher speeds. I think I may want this prop in a 31 pitch. Bow lift with me in the boat alone feels so high! This is a tough boat to get the hang of. I really wish I had my GPS, but I don't want to soak a new one, gotta figure out a safe place to mount it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the propellor a chopper or a cleaver four blade? If it was a chopper the bow was probably really high thats to much bow lift. For a gps get the little yellow garmin its water proof and only like $100.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast