User Tag List

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Official Rapid Craft Driver's Thread

This thread was moved from another category. Let's discuss the art of driving the Rapid Craft Riot here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Baker
    There's not a ton of room between the front seats, but it's comfortable with two people in the front. They are 20' 1" so there are no hassles with cops on the power end of things and they are much easier to Insure because of that as well. Because of the long sponsons, they actually take rough water EXEPTIONALLY well. I think if you were to get a Mirage, and STV, and a Riot side by side, there'd be no comparison in rough water ride - the Riot is the best. It should be because it's longer for one thing also, it's the only one of the three with a V-pad and the outside sponsons are angled fairly heavily. All of that adds up to a nice rough water ride.

Speedwise, they stack up well to the Mirage and STV as well. I had 2 of them and we sold several more. With a stock 260 and a 29" Mazco RE3 (one of the best all around props on that boat), it would run to the 7600 RPM limiter at about 105. I ran mine in a 1 kilometer speed run and with a 30" Mercury cleaver and no rev-limiter, I ran 111.7 through a computerized speed trap from an off-plane start. That was a stock weight boat (weighed about 1525 pounds with me in it). I'd run as fast as 115 on radar with a 32" cleaver. I know Randy Mills has gone over 120 with his.

They're all Klegecell (no wood in the boat) and they're built very strong, but fairly light for their size.
    I can second that claim. I've had Hydrostreams, STVs, been in Mirages and just about every mod tunnel and this is the best chop boat I've been in. I was very impressed with the rough water ride. amazing for such a flat looking boat. Cuts through chop like a knife, just have to watch the large swells, it will come right over the bow and in the boat even at 15 mph if you stab it straight on. When the swells get too big you have to take them at an angle and tack back and fourth, after I figured that out, it was much better.

There is enough space between the front seats to get your leg through to sit down, but the allison type buckets are very comfortable. I love the simplicity of the no wood no carpet situation, ya don't care then if it gets wet inside.
    Last edited by at100plus; 08-21-2006 at 10:31 PM.
    2004 Hydra-Sports Vector 2600 - twin 225 Yamahas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Greg

105 mph after work today and 90mph as long as there is river to run. Beatiful boat. Check it out. A bit of a learning curve but after about 3 tanks of gas I'm getting the hang of it. Well worth the $$$
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riot 003 sm.JPG   Riot 004 sm.JPG  
    Last edited by CLIMATEMASTER; 08-15-2006 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riot

Damn, you got it down now.I knew you would,but not that quick.There is
    more in it -believe me-glad you had a safe trip home,Enjoy and be SAFE.

Greg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice,

LOVE that back seat. Sorry I couldn't call you back tonight, my wife wants to watch a movie now, and tomorrow I'm going on a fishing trip. I'll try you tomorrow night.

Does it flatten out and get more comfortable once you get into the 90s?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIMATEMASTER
    105 mph after work today and 90mph as long as there is river to run. Beatiful boat. Check it out. A bit of a learning curve but after about 3 tanks of gas I'm getting the hang of it. Well worth the $$$
    Hey Climatemaster what prop are u running? I have had mine for three years and still feel I have not mastered the boat. I run a yamaha 24p and twist it 9000rpm to get it to 100mph. Clean looking boat love the looks of the riot!
    Here are some pics of mine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post-2-1146282206.jpg   post-2-1146282073.jpg   December Riot 014.jpg  
    Last edited by STVBOY; 08-15-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24? Is it a 260? Mine spins to the moon with a 26 four blade cleaver. I tried a 30 Lab cleaver too and it seemed to be in the right RPM range to keep it under 9000 at top speed but I only drove it two afternoons and I still can't get past 80 mph.

I'm getting anxious to try the 30 Performance Propellers semi cleaver I just ordered, I'm hoping it will tame the beast a little.

Another nice looking Riot.

Anyone know how many of them were built and how many might be left in existence?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I run a 24p because I like the acceleration don't really care about the big numbers 100mph is fast enough and besides who gets there first wins right!And yes it is a 260 with a a48 cip,SVS,g force tuner and cut heads.What rpm do you spin your 26p? The problem I have with my boat is in glass water I cannot get it to stop porpoising to save my life.I have tried many props and still does it. A little chop and the boat feels like it is on rails. Thinking about putting adjustable trim tabs on it to fix the problem and help the rough water ride.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Flying the Riot

I haven't changed a thing Hydrostream 2 had it set up great! Running a 27 SRX. With about a 6in mech. jack plate all the way up and motor all the way up on it. I trim it so about 3/4 to an inch of shiney metal is showing on the hydraulic ram. Seems to run better in moderate chop. I just get running down wind and open it up sometimes it rolls right thru the transition to 90, sometimes it hops and I slow down and look back at the trim get it back where I want it and get on it again. I have gotton comfortable with a little bounce when it doesn't transition smoothly. But I have been running Vee bottoms by the seat of my pants for many years. This thing runs on rails. At 100mph I am winding it up a mere 7000rpm. I am happy there. Longevity! Had it to 105 yesterday and again to 103. Not comfortable making river bends at 100+ yet. I slow to 70 on every bend. I like how quick I get to 90 and how fast I can stop it. Dropped my buddy off to back the trailer and put it into the wind and was running 90 by myself with just the foot in the water. Had to trim down and back out of that one. Forks looking a bit too high. You left steer drivers definately need to be running with a copilot to even out the boat. Mine feels heavy on the left with one. You have to be off balance by yourself. It will hop if its not trimmed up. I just hate the CCW circular walk it does going into the wind at 80 with 2 people in it. But with 4 people it runs smoothly and flat at 85 in moderate chop. With the full load there doesn't seem to be a transition. Had to break out my Panoptiks snowboarding sungoggles for this ride. They are the best well worth $160 to be able to see clearly at speed. Mike you need a jack plate BAD!....... STV boy sweet ride love the dash, wheel and gauges very clean looking!
    Last edited by CLIMATEMASTER; 08-16-2006 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually there is no handling issues with just me.It will porpoise more with a passenger. I think because the seats are so close to the center it does not lean one way or another they are very well balanced.What gears do you have in your boat?In my boat with a 28p at 7000rpm I am only going 93mph on gps with less than 10% slippage.My gears are 1.87.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was informed the 27 SRX was been reworked to about 29.1 with 1.87 gearing. Headed out for an early morning run now!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should check the tach out or are you going by a regular speedo? With a 29p and around 8% slippage you would have to twist it up to 7800rpm to run 105mph. 7000rpm is around 95mph. Keep us up to date.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tach was jumping around, (it has a bad connection or something), and my GPS got wet and died last weekend from a swell that came over the dash so I have no legitimate numbers to go by right now.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch!

Just had to yank my foot. Gears locked up this morning. Fortunately I received a spare with the deal.
    Last edited by CLIMATEMASTER; 08-18-2006 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flat / glass seems to be the hardest to drive on,,,,until it really loosens up. 6 to 8 in. tight chop is great.

I run with the prop shaft 1 to 2 in. above the pad, quite often i gotta drop that motor to get water psi, but it really,,really makes a difference in lettin her fly.

I can peg a 30 cleaver at 8250, but playin with the 26 4 blade is alot of fun. Nice to hear people talking about the riots on here, does not seem to be alot around, but i like them for that.

good luck with your new boats.
    Kevin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIMATEMASTER
    Just had to yank my foot. Blew out this am. Fortunately I received a spare with the deal.
    Did it hook? I've never had a tunnel that would blow out but I heard this one will. What are the conditions that usually cause it?

The previous owner (who was scared of the boat) said he lowered my engine one notch from the top down to the 3rd hole up. He thought that would make it handle better. Should I go back up? I have no transom jack, bolted right to the transom and I just got a 14 1/2 x 30 Performance Propellers 4 blade semi cleaver. (it had a 14 x 26 4 blade cleaver from the previous owner)....????

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast