Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WATERWINGS
    I can't remember which it was, (550 or 750), but it was tons of fun.

My buddy wanted to sell it to me back then, but I was on the BROKE side, and needed food and beer instead.

I think he said 140+ at Road Atlanta.......but that was before GPS, so who really knows....coulda been radared though.
    It looks like a 750 (I think the 500's were rotary valve, but not sure).. I believe that it has the power to go 140ish, but I sure wouldn't drive it -- not that fast anyway. I start making funny noises while I'm looking for braking points in my kart, which is 30 mph slower and well setup.. Who know what that thing will do with that much power and questionable setup.. Maybe I'm just a coward in my old age...
    Currently involved in activity that can only break one piston at a time......

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drove it a big parking lot (after hours), and never got much more than 4th gear, but what a blast !

The breaks were not very good, and accelerating was alot more fun than trying to stop.

Donuts all day long, starting out in 2nd gear, (5 speed), and, be careful when accelerating around a turn, even it 3rd gear, it would loop out if you weren't gentle with the go petal.
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=63>
    "Legendary Performance, Superior Value"
    DynoCams, Leaders in Cam Design Technology
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bordeaux Dyno Cams
    22247 Andrew Jackson Hwy East
    Delco, North Carolina 28436
    Ph: (910)655-9035 Fax: (910)655-4797
    email: mailto:sales@dynocams.com

Also, govenor removal and install a Horseman or ARC rod.

“The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WATERWINGS
    I drove it a big parking lot (after hours), and never got much more than 4th gear, but what a blast !

The breaks were not very good, and accelerating was alot more fun than trying to stop.

Donuts all day long, starting out in 2nd gear, (5 speed), and, be careful when accelerating around a turn, even it 3rd gear, it would loop out if you weren't gentle with the go petal.

That's sorta what I figured.. A blast to bomb around on in a huge parking lot -- sorta like drifting. On a racetrack it would be (for me) terrifying. All that power and poor brakes?? I have enough problems trying to make a real kart go fast. That one would just kill me..
    Currently involved in activity that can only break one piston at a time......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.5 Honda

You are using a 5.5 which is a GS 160 . I have 2 that my son races with and unless someone that knows anything about them, I would leave to them to modify. Depends on the head, year of the block etc... we install a header instead of the " stock square muffler " supplied. Timing is modified,Carb is jetted differently etc... use a good clutch like a Draggin Skin with a 15 tooth gear on the drum and say a 48 -52 tooth gear at the axle.

Hope this helps....and have fun !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2