Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Clear Coat

any body on L.I. N.Y. that can wet sand and clear coat my vegas deck,and rest of top...will it look new thanks frank
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 33 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE,LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Frank! I see you run with the L.I. crew, pretty tight! Too bad I can't take a trip up north right now. I would have loved to of hooked you up with a wicked paint job. I used to paint/airbrush professionaly did mostly race boats, race cars, hogs, etc. I install navigational systems now, cause the paint was killing me! But still love doing special projects every now & then ........ old habits die hard! I was going to buy Jays activator but he backed out, so I picked up a 21 Supertype in N.H. in imaculate cond. & I'm going wild on it now. I'm documenting all with before & after pics. I'm spraying it in House of Kolors Shimrin pearl colors, man they have some sick flavors, expensive but you don't spray your boat down very often so don't cut corners go with imron 500s clear it's my favorite, very docile to color sand & buff, second choice PPG concept clear awesome as well not as forgiving for color sanding use aqua buff 2000 for compounding & finish off 3m finessit products, when it's all said & done burnish your paint job with starbrite liquid teflon, pour it on heavy with a diaper rub it on thick & take it off with the buffer usng a foam pad. You will be able shave on it, truly a mirror finish. Remember not to lean into the corners with the buffer, feather it nice so you won't burn through. Oh! another thing if you get busy with grafix use light coats of intercoat clear in between if your going to mask off for different colors, this will prevent tape print through( ugly tape imprints often left while masking off multi color schemes) man I can't wait to finish preping my my boat! Good luck dude! Any questions hit me up. Peace! FIG

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Frank,

Is the flake coming through? If so, it will need to be re-flaked. The metalflake really is metal, so when you sand it, it turns silver. Got a number of areas on mine coming through.
    It's not real hard to do, but it's expensive, and hard to find someone willing to do it.

Pete
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    thanks guys,flake not coming through just hazy,still have not found anybody to do it..want it to look mint
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 33 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE,LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/