Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSleekOlds
    You get the wear ring that goes with the new impeller. Some guys (when they see what's involved) want to use whatever wear ring is in the pump. When you buy an impeller and wear ring, it should come with a small package of shims. The shims are used to establish the correct clearance.

If you get your parts here, you can also get all the instruction you might want.

http://www.hi-techperformance.com/

Good luck
    CPPerformance (berkeley) says I should switch to a A2 impeller and HI-Tech says I should switch to a B aggressor. Who do I trust? and why?
    1981 20' BAJA Openbow 462CID (454 .030-4" stroke) 12JF Berkeley

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really quite simple. You tell the impeller supplier what engine rpm you want to run and what hp your engine produces at that rpm and the supplier will sell you exactly what you need to make that happen.

On the other hand......if you tell them......

Post #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 4trax
    What rpm are you running at WOT? At wide open throttle about 4500 RPMs
    OK WOT = 4500 rpm

Post #20
    I received the dyno print out and it was 491 torqe at 3500 (not positive on Rpm I'm close thou as I'm at work right now)and 445Hp with 600 holly carb and headers don't know if they were street headers or marine. Don't know if theres a diff. but I'm running a 780 dual feed holly now and 4" EMI Thunder headers. So I don't know if HP went up or not. So what impeller do you think I should running? Not looking for top end. More into pulling the kids which are basically adult weight. 12yr old, 16yr. old and 18yr. old. Also I'm running 4900rpm WOT.
    OK 491 torqe at 3500......Ooops 445hp.....that's not gonna work.......Also I'm running 4900rpm WOT.....WTF....WOT = 4900 rpm

Post #24
    So do you think I should go with A2 impeller? My WOT rpm is 4900 with 3 guys in the boat. Togeother we weighed 660lbs. Yea, I know we need to go on a diet LOL.
    OK My WOT rpm is 4900....Hmmmmm......WTF happened to 4500 rpm?

Post #26
    Well at 3500rpms I'm turning 491.6lbs. of torqe and 328.6hp. Rick at Berkeley said to go with the A2 impeller and new wear ring. Rick said I would get ALOT better hole shot and plus gain some top end. Not that I really care about top end, but it does't hurt when with the guys lol. He said the more horse and torqe you run the bigger impeller you should run. Unless your looking for top end all the way. Then go to a B or C depending on your Rpm power band.
    OK Well at 3500rpms I'm turning 491.6lbs. of torqe and 328.6hp.....this is what you want to turn?

Post #27
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I have a A impeller now.
    Cool....who's A impeller...Aggressor, Berkley, Amer. Turbine, ???????

Post #31
    CPPerformance (berkeley) says I should switch to a A2 impeller and HI-Tech says I should switch to a B aggressor. Who do I trust? and why?
    I gues you think I'm going to argue about any of this BS...
    Have a nice day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

No, I don't want argue with you. I'm trying to learn and I was kinda counting on you for advice and help. Your posts was what I looked forward to. To see if you had anymore advice. I was guessing on rpms at first cause I really didn't know to pay attention to them until I talked to you and then I started really paying attention to rpms. As far as hp and torqe that is what the dyno sheet says. But I think I'm getting to understand it better with help from you and the shops. I tried the no grate thing like you said to try and it still did it. So that eliminated the stock grate ??? I had. So my dyno sheet says at 4900rpms I'm producing 425 point something and at 5300 rpms it produces 445hp. So should I get the impeller that gets me a little higher in rpms to get to the max hp? The reason I said 4900 rpms is that's all my boat will do. I did'nt know by switching impellers you could get more rpms which would get me closer to my max hp, I guess. From the charts and having some one explain them to me I see I should be running A impeller to reach my max hp and rpms correct? And if I want to do a little less rpms to save fuel and egine life by lowering the rpms then I should go with AA impeller? If I went to AA impeller then I would lose a little top end correct? I guess what I'm asking is what you would do? Cause obvisously I don't know LOL. You've been around it way more then me and I value your advice. Sorry, I had no intention of making you mad or thinking I wanted to argue. I hope you will still help me try and figure this stuff out. Thanks, Bobby.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is agressor B impeller the same as berks A impeller? That's what I was told by jet boat performance. Hi-tech performance told me to run aggressor B and that I would be good and have awesome hole shot. I wasn't still to sure so I called another shop and that's when they told me about aggressor B being the same as Berks A and American Turbines A .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    worn wear ring 1st, don't buy modifing impeller until you know what it is, there is an extra gaget called an" inducer" fits in front of your impeller, helps to eleminate cavitation out of the hole. some drag boat racers have it installed, expensive unless you are a do-it-yourselfer and have a machine shop handy. marvin s.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin s
    worn wear ring 1st, don't buy modifing impeller until you know what it is, there is an extra gaget called an" inducer" fits in front of your impeller, helps to eleminate cavitation out of the hole. some drag boat racers have it installed, expensive unless you are a do-it-yourselfer and have a machine shop handy. marvin s.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3